The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Should Florida go after Zack Phillips?

Just wondering if you guys think florida will/should go after Huberdeau's old set up guy in Zack Phillips. I know realistically he is a potential 3rd liner in the nhl but he really knows the sweet spot for huberdeau. I believe now that they have the seadogs connection with the coach that they should go for Zack Phillips as well. I don't believe it would cost them too much especially with the signing of Schroeder now. thoughts?

Huberdeau is a young player. It would be better to surround him with more talented players or veteran players, not a long-shot prospect with limited potential.

The chemistry would have to be unreal and click rightaway for Florida to give so much ice-time to Phillips.

We could do that exercise with basically every player. It is not because they had success in junior that it necessarily means it was because of the chemistry, but more because they were both more talented than almost everybody else in junior and were playing together.

It's a good idea, but by no means is Phillps for top six time, bottom six maybe.

Why is this even in the Canucks discussion boards???

As you can see, this is the proposals section, not just meant for Canucks proposals.

As you can see, this is the proposals section, not just meant for Canucks proposals.

Maybe so, but to play devil's advocate for a minute:

It also seems like the poster is technically correct to question why a non-Canucks topic is in one of the "Canucks Discussion" forums. The boards clearly delineate between Canucks Discussion and Hockey Discussion, and the "Proposals and Armchair GM'ing" forum is part of Canucks Discussion.

So maybe non-Canucks proposals should be discussed in the "Around the NHL" forum as part of Hockey Discussion?

It's something I've never seen questioned before (since 99% or more of the threads here are Canucks related proposals).

I don't really care either way but I thought that poster (1994 fan) deserved some backup since their comment was actually quite reasonable (and most likely was "technically" correct, based on how these boards are currently setup).

However, this forum's description doesn't seem to limit discussions to only Canucks related proposals (but the umbrella heading of "Canucks Discussion" seems to set a basic guideline for the forum).

Elvis will probably have a definitive answer. ;)

Archived