The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

defense prospects canucks should target in trade (discussion)

so canucks need a young puck moving dman ppqb or a mean shutdown guy

heres a list of potential dmen prospects from other teams that i like

thrower

bowey

pulock

zadorov

vatanen

ouellet

morrisey

morin

morrisey and pulock would probably be the 2 id target most isles and jets would be good trade partners

jets could use markstrom and hansen and archibald for morrisey who would you want canucks to target

thrower

bowey

pulock

zadorov

vatanen

ouellet

morrisey

morin

bolded the players we aren't getting period.

italics are possible.

thrower

bowey

pulock

zadorov

vatanen

ouellet

morrisey

morin

morrisey and pulock would probably be the 2 id target most isles and jets would be good trade partners

jets could use markstrom and hansen and archibald for morrisey who would you want canucks to target

I would like Morrisey and if anyone could get Chevy to actually make a meaningful change via trade it is Trader Jim.

I would like Morrisey and if anyone could get Chevy to actually make a meaningful change via trade it is Trader Jim.

trading a very good young prospect for hansen and markstrom isn't good change for them, lol.

finding some team to overpay for evander kane, accepting pavelec is shit, and packaging assets for the next big fish available is good change.

trading a very good young prospect for hansen and markstrom isn't good change for them, lol.

finding some team to overpay for evander kane, accepting pavelec is crap, and packaging assets for the next big fish available is good change.

Don't think that trade does it either but something cloud get worked out.

I love Pulock and Morissey, but I don't think either, or anyone on that list is getting moved. If we wanted Vatanen, we should have been able to get him in the Kesler deal.

If my expectations of us making the playoffs next season are unrealistic like so many people think, maybe we have a shot at drafting Kylington. Solves our problems and then we wont have to trade assets for one of these guys.

Morrissey is a dream, unfortunately. Draft one next year is probably the best choice, 2015 is high on defence.

I like the topic but maybe after next year.

2015 isn't really that good on defense. Aside from Hanifin, I wouldn't waste a first round pick for a defensemen, although I really like Pilon. 2016 in the other hand could be a home run year for dmen. Day, Chyurchun, and Fabbro all look like great defensemen. I especially like Fabbro, since he played in Burnaby Winter Club ( A hockey team known to provide some of the best NHL players like Hopkins and Barzal)

If you're looking for a defensive prospect, I think Jack Glover is the way to go. Recently a third round pick for WPG, he shouldn't cost too much. Idk, maybe a package around Jacob Markstrom would do it if not by himself. I don't know if the jets still want him or not, but it could be a good starting point. If not, I still don't see why he would be untouchable and yet he seems like a perfect fit for our organization. Another note that should Aside from Frank Corrado and Jordan Subban, we pretty much no right handed defencmen upcoming in the system. It would be smart to invest in that. If not, just draft one next year. Not liked they're going to be making an impact immediately. I think it's something that should be considered.

2015 isn't really that good on defense. Aside from Hanifin, I wouldn't waste a first round pick for a defensemen, although I really like Pilon. 2016 in the other hand could be a home run year for dmen. Day, Chyurchun, and Fabbro all look like great defensemen. I especially like Fabbro, since he played in Burnaby Winter Club ( A hockey team known to provide some of the best NHL players like Hopkins and Barzal)

Kylington, Pilon, Andersson, J.Roy, Carrier. This draft is actually very high on defence, even players like Werenski, Spencer are good late 1sts/early 2nd picks.

I definitely agree with drafting one. If we're not looking good by the deadline ship out vets and go for the high pick because this draft could absolutely fill one of our top needs in the prospect pool: #1 Center/#1 Dman. Absolutely loaded with high end offensive talent in this draft.

As for trading for a prospect a la Vey but at defence. Maybe Stefan Elliott from Colorado as a high offense/kinda risky PMD right hand shot. Also a Vancouver kid.

I'd rather us go for a 20-24 year old defenceman who's got a year or two of NHL hockey under his belt. If this core is going to contend in 3-5 years time, we don't want a kid playing his first year of defensive hockey in the NHL during that span - we want someone with a few years of experience and playoff time in the bank.

I know Jones in Nashville appears to be untouchable, but they have too many good young defencemen over there along with Weber who's not going away any time soon. If this parade of cheap rental centers doesn't work and they still need offence, I'd throw them someone like McCann (assuming his value goes up after a good junior year next year) with some roster players, a defenceman and/or Markstrom. If not Jones, take a stab at Ekholm.

As I read through these proposals I see yet again.

CDC stating everyone else is untouchable as a prospect on another team.

But out of that list.

Zadorov

Bowey

Morin

Thrower

Could all be had for a reasonable price if Benning wanted to make that trade. And no it wouldn't cost a 1st, a Horvat MCCann or anything of the sort. Just a smooth hockey trade.

But out of that list.

Zadorov

Bowey

Morin

Thrower

Could all be had for a reasonable price if Benning wanted to make that trade. And no it wouldn't cost a 1st, a Horvat MCCann or anything of the sort. Just a smooth hockey trade.

I'm curious, what do you think a smooth hockey trade would consist of for a guy like Thrower? Generally when teams trade prospects it is so they can address a weak spot in their organizational depth. I don't really see a 1 for 1 trade that works here

But out of that list.

Zadorov

Bowey

Morin

Thrower

But prospects have more value than established NHL'ers don't they? I mean who wants someone who already can play at the top level when you can have an unknown commodity who might not be of any help for at least 3 more years to EITHER team? Or possibly may even stink it up and never develop into a usable asset...

Archived