The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NYC gives the green light to the building of apartments with a 'poor door' for tenants living in affordable housing

freebuddy

Handicapped get preference over the non-handicapped to be in the front. They also get all the best parking spots.

Women and men get separate washroom entrances, often times even families!

It's just so unfair, I tell you. People treated differently. Next thing you know, your boss will be treated as your superior! Or children might have to take orders from their parents! It's Animal Farm.

Unless you are trolling, those are horrible comparisons.

If I were a "nice door" person I'm not sure I'd want to provoke the ire of the "poor door" people who lived in the same building IE knew where I lived.

..and don't give me the "they should be happy for what they have" crap - you can hold the opinion that people should act/think however you want... if they hate you they will probably do the opposite.

Yes, separate entrances for blacks compared to whites back in the day. Instead of bias for colour, we're now getting bias for your financial status. What's next? Only wealthy people sit in the front of a bus, everyone else stands and sits in the back?

So much for all men/women are created equal. It's Animal Farm. Some are more equal than others.

Did they pay more for their bus ticket?

George Orwell is currently rolling.

It's probably a door to a separate lobby, with separate elevators, accessing separate floors. Whereas the front door will have a fancy lobby with more security, fancier elevators, accessing fancier floors/residences.

Do the 'poor door' residents want the fancier stuff? Then they should shut up and pay for it, like everyone else.

Failing that, they just be thankful that they were given assistance so they could afford to live in a new residence in the best city in North America. People who can't afford what they want in a high-demand city either take what they can get, or move to a more affordable area.

I think most black people would want to smack you for even trying to equate the two.

Doubtful in NYC many if the people using the poor entrance will be black. There is definitely a component of race here.

God I hate having to be in the same room as middle class people. They smell. The idea of sharing an elevator with them makes me shiver. My god , one of them may actually touch me or try to speak to me. Its unthinkable.

Seriously if you are a developer and want people to pay market prices in NYC for a luxury apartment there is a certain amount of exclusivity that has to be maintained. I would expect the affordable housing within the building would be completely separate from the market units. Their own elevators, lobby, hallways, etc.

The part where he said "When I can only afford a 200K $ house" and I mentioned the greater Vancouver area since most of us on this board live here.

Facts...over your head.

Oh look, the sky is blue.. "facts".

Of course, has two things to do with this discussion.. much like "Vancouver". Jack and sh*t.

Clearly houses in "Vancouver" aren't 200k. Clearly houses in New York City aren't 200k. That very blatantly wasn't the point though of his post. When it comes to you, let me know. I figured things that a ten year old could decipher didn't need to be a point of discussion. And before we can discuss what he was actually implying, you need to figure out the literal number of "200k" had nothing to do with his point.

Making this seem like rocket science.

Archived