The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Willie Desjardins on Team 1040

-Vintage Canuck-

Sounds like Desjardins will pair Burrows and Kassian.

Is a pretty obvious fit though.

Sedins-Vrbata

Burr-Bonino-Kassian

Higgins-Vey/Matthias-Hansen/Vey

needed an upgrade over higgins on the top 6 and already have Vrbata, Kassian, Hansen, Vey, Matthias, Dorsett who can play RW

Sedins-Vrbata

Burr-Bonino-Kassian

needed an upgrade over higgins on the top 6 and already have Vrbata, Kassian, Hansen, Vey, Matthias, Dorsett who can play RW

Pretty sure Matthias is C or LW.

Sedins-Vrbata

Burr-Bonino-Kassian

It will be interesting to see who ends up in the RW spot if Kassian continues his inconsistency though. God I hope it is not Hansen......

Burrows could go to the right side and fill there. But then we get Higgins in the top 6. Yuck.

I guess if Vey surprises he could end up in the top 6. But the team really needs Kassian to be a consistent top 6 guy now.

Thanks for posting.

Thought the " if it's a tie we'll go with the younger guy" to be interesting. Going to be a real interesting training camp this year.

This is why it's great to interview the "new guys on the block" over and over and over again.

Eventually, something comes out that isn't just a canned response.

That was by FAR the most significant thing he said in that interview.

Think about what he just said: if there is a veteran on this team and a prospect/younger player is challenging him for a spot. The veteran has to clearly beat him for it or it goes to the prospect.

That's pretty huge. There are no guarantees as a vet on this team that your spot is secure. If it's not obvious that you're better at that position, you're going to lose it.

This could get very interesting....

This is why it's great to interview the "new guys on the block" over and over and over again.

Eventually, something comes out that isn't just a canned response.

That was by FAR the most significant thing he said in that interview.

Think about what he just said: if there is a veteran on this team and a prospect/younger player is challenging him for a spot. The veteran has to clearly beat him for it or it goes to the prospect.

That's pretty huge. There are no guarantees as a vet on this team that your spot is secure. If it's not obvious that you're better at that position, you're going to lose it.

This could get very interesting....

I am hoping this will be followed though. We have heard that same refrain for years and it never happened.

It will be interesting to see who ends up in the RW spot if Kassian continues his inconsistency though. God I hope it is not Hansen......

Burrows could go to the right side and fill there. But then we get Higgins in the top 6. Yuck.

I guess if Vey surprises he could end up in the top 6. But the team really needs Kassian to be a consistent top 6 guy now.

Jensen could possibly also slot in there (and like Burr can play both sides). Burr could also go back with the twins and move Vrbata down.

Higgins isn't horrible on his own on the second but not with two other just "ok" second liners. If he's the "lunch pale" guy playing with some legit top 6'ers it can work but not with other lunch pale guys.

I see us moving Hansen, a goalie and ?? for a top-6 forward, unless one of the 'kids' blows their socks off .. that would be ideal.

Then a Hansen/goalie package for a RH PMD

Let me guess..

oh.. i don't know..

something cdc has never proposed before..

hansen + lack + gaunce for kane?!!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!

I don't think Hansen and Lack are getting the young top six forward that we'd want.

Jensen could possibly also slot in there (and like Burr can play both sides). Burr could also go back with the twins and move Vrbata down.

Higgins isn't horrible on his own on the second but not with two other just "ok" second liners. If he's the "lunch pale" guy playing with some legit top 6'ers it can work but not with other lunch pale guys.

I am hoping that Bonino can be the catalyst for a more effective 2nd line in terms of sustained offensive pressure and chances. He is a good puck distributor and Kassian is as well. They could really use a top shooter on that LW imo.

Kesler was great at a lot of things but the play died on his stick a lot as he would give the puck away with ill advised shots from anywhere rather than utilize his linemates.

Jensen being ready to step in full time into the top 6 would be a huge step in the right direction in terms of getting all the players on this team into the proper roles that will help the team win with depth.

Higgins is better suited to a 3rd line role imo. I agree with your assessment though. He is a capable fill in for 2nd line duties.

Archived