The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks Sign Centre Jared McCann

Here is the link provided. http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=727107

Vancouver, BC – Vancouver Canucks General Manager, Jim Benning announced today that the club has signed centre Jared McCann.

McCann, 18, finished second on Sault Ste. Marie in goals (27) and points (62) in 64 games played during the 2013.14 season. In 2012.13, he received Ontario Hockey League All-Rookie Second Team honors after recording 44 points (21-23-44) in 64 games.

On the international stage, McCann was a member of the gold-medal winning Canada U18 Team at the 2013 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament.

The London, Ontario native was originally selected by Vancouver 24th overall in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft.

JARED MCCANN'S CARRER STATISTICS

SEASON TEAM GP G A P

2012-2013 SALUT STE. MARIE GREYHOUN 64 21 23 44

2013-2014 SALUT STE. MARIE GREYHOUN 64 27 35 62

Wow! That seems fast...Curious when was the last time we signed one of our draft picks prior to their first training camp?

That said, I am happy to see this. Benning seemed pretty high on this guy. Obviously doesn't mean anything as far as this year, but cool to see...

Wow, you beat Vintage and Strombone? Impressive.

I'm surprised McCann was signed before Virtanen. Does his injury and ongoing rehab have something to do with it? Does Benning and co. want to see Virtanen healed up and playing before signing him?

Probably rehab

Wow, you beat Vintage and Strombone? Impressive.

I'm surprised McCann was signed before Virtanen. Does his injury and ongoing rehab have something to do with it? Does Benning and co. want to see Virtanen healed up and playing before signing him?

I'm surprised myself :lol:

Archived