The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumor) Evander Kane to Van

While it would be hilarious to get Kesler the winger he's needed for years... After he left... I just find it disturbing that we'd pay such a high price for a psuedo-franchise winger. Hopefully not.

I think Kane's going down south in another subsidy move anyway.

Soft prediction: Anaheim.

I wouldnt say this a 'Good hockey trade" like Benning has mentioned that he would do, were giving too many pieces away IMO, Kane is worth around that value but just doesnt suit us very well to make that deal. This is a deal i could see Gillis making if he was still here haha

Im in agreement that this trades bs but I can't believe anybody thinks that is an overpayment. Burrows even if last year was an anomoly is on his last legs and making big money. Shink has proven jack, yeah potentials great but he's far from a lock and coming off an injury, his value isn't nearly as high as this forum likes to make it out to be, Kanes a bonafide stud, reality trumps potential unless the potential is that rare in a lifetime type prospect ie Crosby, McDavid types. A 1st this year with Kane in the lineup is a lot lower than it would be without him in the line up. Markstroms a prospect that's stocks dropped off the face of the planet so his values only high to canuck fans. So what are you giving up really, your weaker prospects, a pricey winger who may or may not be done and a 1st? Won't happen but in the miracle chance it did, Benning should be facing charges for that level of theivery.

shinkaruk should be off the table this guy has potential to be better than kane

but markstrom, burrows, hansen and 2nd id do

sedin sedin vrbata

kane bonino jensen/shinkaruk

kassian horvat higgins

mattias richardson dorsett

looks scary and fast lineup

Lol I don't think so. But I would rather keep him and swap Jensen in for him.

Doesn't pass the sniff test.

If Burrows has been asked to waive for Winnipeg. Then you have to be certain the deal is going through. You don't ask if he will waive, for Winnipeg to "think about it" for 2 days.

I also don't see many of last years bottom 10 teams trading away their first pick.

Personally I think the Canucks will squeak into the playoffs, but who knows.

If the Sedins/Edler don't rebound....injury bug strikes........

Can you imagine....Burrows, Markstrom, Shink, and maybe a top 3 pick overall...

This city would turn on Benning so fast.

Please don't trade for Kane. He's a total cancer, only thing he wants is $$$ doesn't care about winning. Scored 30 goals once, yet at no other time he has gotten over 20 goals or even hit 20.

Lol stop nitpicking. He's had 2 19 goal seasons and 1 30 goal season.

First off this seems bogus, but its interesting nonetheless.

https://www.facebook.com/Rock101Van/photos/a.380578777807.159246.91251252807/10152550933367808/?type=1&fref=nf

They are reporting that Winnipeg is sitting on a deal for two days to think about it.

Deal includes: Van : Evander Kane

Winnipeg: Burrows

Markstrom

Shinkaruk

and a 1st.

What ya think??

hahahahhahaahhaa as if that kids head isn't big enough, let's bow down and worship him like he's the 2nd coming of Mario Lemieux!

Burrows - is old and washed up

Markstrom - is an unproven bust prospect that has two goalies of better pedigree ahead of him in the depth chart

Shinkaruk - Is a solid young prospect, but is just that - unproven and Kane is not.

1st Rounder - We'll still have 3 firsts in three years (Mcaan,Horvat,Virtanen)

I fail to see why this would be a bad trade for a guy like Kane, who is a beast.

Why are people saying this is overpayment?

Markstrom- too many goalies people were saying if we got a 2nd round pick for him it would be great

Burrows- big salary and we have too many players like him people wanted to get rid or Hansen or Higgins to make room for young players. Burrows is the same player that makes more money

Shinkaruk- young unproven, could be good but Kane is an improvement.

1st round pick- is necessary to get a 23year old all star signed long term for a decent contract

What's the big deal, too many goalies, people wanted to buy out burrows, a swap with wingers and a 12-18th pick

Markstrom- too many goalies people were saying if we got a 2nd round pick for him it would be great

Burrows- big salary and we have too many players like him people wanted to get rid or Hansen or Higgins to make room for young players. Burrows is the same player that makes more money

1st round pick- is necessary to get a 23year old all star signed long term for a decent contract

What's the big deal, too many goalies, people wanted to buy out burrows, a swap with wingers and a 12-18th pick

Bingo,

Totally agree.

I think people don't like Kane - and that's the problem. They want to call him a cancer because they saw one picture of him 2 years ago being a drunk baller in Las Vegas.

The problem is Shinkaruk and the 2015 first. Replace the 2015 first for the 2016 first.

Replace Shinkaruk with a diff top prospect like Jensen or Gaunce.

The problem is Shinkaruk and the 2015 first. Replace the 2015 first for the 2016 first.

Replace Shinkaruk with a diff top prospect like Jensen or Gaunce.

Sure, lets just ask WPG to give up their best young player for a Tier 2 Prospect (Jensen/Gaunce) and a tier 3 goalie, and an aging Alex burrows who had the worst year of his life.

That makes sense.

Archived