The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumor) Evander Kane to Van

Sure, lets just ask WPG to give up their best young player for a Tier 2 Prospect (Jensen/Gaunce) and a tier 3 goalie, and an aging Alex burrows who had the worst year of his life.

That makes sense.

then replace Markstrom with Lack. Not happy with the pick? No problem! Add 2015 2nd round pick 2016 1st round pick :D

Doesn't pass the sniff test.

If Burrows has been asked to waive for Winnipeg. Then you have to be certain the deal is going through. You don't ask if he will waive, for Winnipeg to "think about it" for 2 days.

I also don't see many of last years bottom 10 teams trading away their first pick.

Personally I think the Canucks will squeak into the playoffs, but who knows.

If the Sedins/Edler don't rebound....injury bug strikes........

Can you imagine....Burrows, Markstrom, Shink, and maybe a top 3 pick overall...

This city would turn on Benning so fast.

^ This. I am so scared that Shink will turn into a 30 goal scorer and our pick turns out to be a top 10 or magically it wins the lottery.....

On second thought, I'd pay this easily. We are trading something that's unproven for something that is. Evander Kane is a franchise winger. Just the thought of him playing along side of Kassian...

In regards to giving up our first, we are going to be a way better team with E Kane than we are not. I'd expect the pick to be a pick at around 20th overall. Also, Kane's age makes it worth it. He's only 22, so he'd be only a few years older than any prospect coming in.

This is coming from a huge Shinkaruk fan.

On second thought, I'd pay this easily. We are trading something that's unproven for something that is. Evander Kane is a franchise winger. Just the thought of him playing along side of Kassian...

In regards to giving up our first, we are going to be a way better team with E Kane than we are not. I'd expect the pick to be a pick at around 20th overall. Also, Kane's age makes it worth it. He's only 22, so he'd be only a few years older than any prospect coming in.

This is coming from a huge Shinkaruk fan.

Instead of Shinkaruk give up Mccaan. Hes the odd one out. We got too many centers... IE: Horvat, Cassels, Gaunce Fox (i think)

you have to give something to get something, and the 1st could be the start of the negociation. but as it is this trade does not please me.

*Burrows? no, Higgins or Hansen. (Winnipeg side : either of them are more cap friendly than Burrows, Higgins could score as many as Burrows, hansen has a great speed and his wife is from Winnipeg.)

Shinkaruk? no, Jensen (Winnipeg side : Jensen is still one of our top prospect, but already nhl ready)

Markstrom? ok.

1st ? sorry, but you have to. ok.

lineup post Kane's trade:

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Kane Bonino Burrows

Higgins/Hansen Matthias Kassian

Richardson Horvat Vey

Dorsett Sestito

with this forwards group, we're back in playoff.

(keep Horvat until he can be elligible to be sent to AHL... and play Dorsett full time, Vey at center.)

Instead of Shinkaruk give up Mccaan. Hes the odd one out. We got too many centers... IE: Horvat, Cassels, Gaunce Fox (i think)

Shinkaruk becomes redundant with Kane here, Kane takes his spot down the road as the first line LWer and then Virtanen becomes second line LWer. Would we want Shink on he third line? No.

I heard Shinkaruk can play centre? Is that true?

99% of the people wont agree with me but Shinkaruk>Virtanen

Virtanen played with me on my middle school team in grade 8 back in Abbotsford (I was their goalie). Now that was a while ago and he's made some big progress since then. But as much as I recall, watching him play for Yale earlier as well, that he was never used as a center man because his faceoffs were horrible nothing else, he tried them in practice and he was just better as a winger.

Other than that he's a smart player with a good offensive and defensive game and could handle the pressure of carrying a line on his shoulders. But faceoffs are imo one of the biggest things a center has to excel at.

Just my .02 cents

As I said in another thread,, who flies all these Shink rumours around,,if Benning really is flogging Shink for players,,,he is as good as gone because he has been doing it since he got here...big mistake, this kid is going to be the real deal and all the tears in the world wont bring him back to us when he puts the dagger in our hearts down the road..he is 1 of my fav prospects and really want to see him blossum here...

Evander Kane will be traded at some point and I would think, rather soon. In the meantime, perhaps Chevel"dayoff" gets fired because, like Gillis, he can't pull a decent trade to save his job.

The same rumblings pre-Kesler are circling around Kane and as much as Kane would like those rumors confined to himself and his immediate surroundings, if the thought is there, deep ensues sooner rather than later; except, of course, in the cas of the infamous Roberto Luongo.

Enter Jim Benning. If indeed Kane is going to take off form Winnipeg, perhaps Benning can put together a pleasing package that makes whoever the next GM of the Winninpeg Jets is, happy.

D. SEDIN (33) - H. SEDIN (33) - VRBATA (33)

KANE (22) - BONINO (26) - KASSIAN (23)

is much better than:

D. SEDIN (33) - H. SEDIN (33) - VRBATA (33)

BURROWS (33) - BONINO (26) - KASSIAN (23)

Is leaps and bounds better than

Ah, Shinkaruk. Other than a bit more offensive-upside than the rest of our pool, what does he have?

A little bit of youthful exuberance and charisma is all it takes for us to completely swoon. Are the rest of our prospects so dolorous?

If that's the price.....you take it and run to the playoffs.

Kane is Winnipeg's best player and we would get faster tougher and add 35 goals to our lineup. Not to mention Kane is built for the playoffs and wants to play for his hometown team.

Markstrom and Burrows currently have little market value. I hate to lose Shinkaruk but we upgrade significantly and the first will be somewhere between 15-20 likely.

2013 15-20.

Pulock, Zadorov, Lazar, Mueller, Rychel.

I think we have enough depth in our prospect pool to absorb the lost potential for a proven stud.

Calling that overpayment is a gross misunderstanding of how much Star players cost.

What do you mean? Anaheim just traded for one while not losing impact players or picks.

Maybe we should get into that position first, THEN make a big trade for a complimentary piece.

Kane's good, I like him despite apparent 'character flaws', but he's no saviour.

Keep the 1st.

Archived