The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumor) Evander Kane to Van

Also, if Benning can somehow turn Burrows into Kane he'd be laughing all the way to the bank - don't think for a second he wouldn't do this.

He'd turn a 33 year old into a 22 year old and get bigger and faster in the process.

Problem is, no way Burr waives to go to WPG. The one destination chiseled in stone onto everyone's NTC right next to Edmonton.

Just want to ask.

What makes Evander Kane a "Franchise Winger" as some have said.

Never broken 60 points. 1 30 goal season.

Is that worth a top winger prospect a 1st in a seriously deep draft when we are as likely to pick top 10 as top 20 + more?

Really think hard about this for a moment. Regardless of age, is that really worth it.

Someone looking for attention regurgitates some tired old crap and sure enough CDC comes and gobbles it up, and this nonsense starts up all over again. Probably a Leafs fan laughing himself silly. Didn't even need to click the link -- that Shinkaruk is in the deal is enough to show it's made up, but apparently people will never stop falling for it.

Unless many things change, Kane is NOT coming here. Sorry, fanboys.

Just want to ask.

Is that worth a top winger prospect a 1st in a seriously deep draft when we are as likely to pick top 10 as top 20 + more?

Really think hard about this for a moment. Regardless of age, is that really worth it.

No thinking required, but nothing new. Just like before the draft when some were willing to give up Shinkaruk, Kassian, Tanev and the #6 pick for the #1. It's all about trinket-worship -- the newest looks so shiny and pretty, they just gotta have it... and at almost any price.

Just want to ask.

I think Kane has the tools to be a franchise winger - a 30 goal season at 22 is pretty good evidence to that despite being rushed in, plus he definitely has the physical tools.

I think the reason this rumor has so much weight beyond him being a BC boy is the fact that the powers-that-be clearly want to get younger while staying competitive - Shinkaruk and picks won't fill seats this year. Kane will.

Maybe not the wisest move, but I could get behind a young core around Kane and Kassian.

No thinking required, but nothing new. Just like before the draft when some were willing to give up Shinkaruk, Kassian, Tanev and the #6 pick for the #1. It's all about trinket-worship -- the newest looks so shiny and pretty, they just gotta have it... and at almost any price.

So not worth it. I wouldn't trade a new car for one with spotty maintenance and a tempermental engine.

I think Kane has the tools to be a franchise winger - a 30 goal season at 22 is pretty good evidence to that despite being rushed in, plus he definitely has the physical tools.

I think the reason this rumor has so much weight beyond him being a BC boy is the fact that the powers-that-be clearly want to get younger while staying competitive - Shinkaruk and picks won't fill seats this year. Kane will.

Maybe not the wisest move, but I could get behind a young core around Kane and Kassian.

And people forget Alexander Daigle had a 51 point rookie season :P

He could fall off the planet next season and never recover. No question he's talented but what people are offering is either

A: Insulting to the Jets

or

B: gutting the team for a shiny new toy.

Not worth it, we may have just drafted our own Kane in Virtanen anyways

And people forget Alexander Daigle had a 51 point rookie season :P

He could fall off the planet next season and never recover. No question he's talented but what people are offering is either

A: Insulting to the Jets

or

B: gutting the team for a shiny new toy.

Not worth it, we may have just drafted our own Kane in Virtanen anyways

I'm not saying there isn't any risk involved, I'm just saying why I think Benning would be interested.... I also don't think it's exactly gutting the team - though that 1st really stings - we need a PMD or true puck-distributing 1C to take over from Hank.

Still, a top-6 that included Horvat-Virtanen-Kane-Kassian would be punishing to play against in the playoffs.

For the record, though, I don't think we have the assets / players without NTC's to ever see it happening so it's a moot point.

Some thing over looked here is even if the value is good why does winnepeg want to trade kane at this moment. They have bin a 10th place team for a few years telling there fans there almost there they just need to groom prospets and now a few of the core is older more expeiernce and they have to compete for a spot this year. So if they is to trade kane if they dont like what the value is theyd probaly trade him east cause the canucks will probaly be a compititon for a bottom playoff spot with the jets. Why make your competetior better while only geting future potentials a back up goalie and a gritty hard mahfah but a lot of people have dismised

Ah, Shinkaruk. Other than a bit more offensive-upside than the rest of our pool, what does he have?

A little bit of youthful exuberance and charisma is all it takes for us to completely swoon. Are the rest of our prospects so dolorous?

not at all...so offer some of them..or would everyone have a caniption if Horvat was waved around the league for available players?

Underpayment..?

That's a helluva overpayment..

Burrows, who is pretty much a product of the Sedins in terms of offense.

Markstrom, a Meh goalie prospect, for which Winnipeg has many good ones coming along.

Shinkaruk, a player I am not too familiar with, but I'll just label him a top prospect.

And a 1st rounder. This may be good depending on how the Canucks actually do next season, but I don't see them finishing as low as last season.

So the only parts that are of any worth to the Jets are Shinkaruk and a 1st. I am hoping Chevy can get more for Kane than that. Who knows if he can.

not at all...so offer some of them..or would everyone have a caniption if Horvat was waved around the league for available players?

I'd be fine if we offered Horvat in a package for a 22 year old Centerman who was proven at the NHL level. Can't speak for anyone else though.

The best argument against this trade is from Winnipeg's perspective - Kane doesn't have an NTC either so if moved he's going East.

I thought I liked Shinkaruk as much as the next guy, but honestly some people are overly smitten.

Let's just stand pat.

I don't like the thought of losing Shink. I am not thrilled with the thought of losing Burrows or 1st Rounder either.

The whole deals smacks of giving up too much, no thanks.

I watched nearly all the Jets games last season and was more impressed by Buff and Wheeler.

Archived