The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks Hire Ben Cooper as new video coach

Nail

Sounds good to me, video coach for the 2010 Canadian mens team that won gold, has worked for the Canucks before in a smaller capacity and is a Vancouver native as well? I like it. A lot of change within the organization this summer, maybe the most change in one summer in the entire history of the Vancouver Canucks, this is looking really promising.

I think he was the assistant video coach

If he was the assistant video coach, then who was the head video coach?

Pretty sure he was considered an assistant coach who was in charge of video and didn't stand behind the bench. I also remember when torts was serving his suspension Williams did appear on the bench.

This is a good move because I was not impressed with the movie preference of a number of the nucks - come on is watching the hunger games really going to pump you up. Hopefully, he brings back such classics as Braveheart, and anything with Bruce Lee. Might even toss in a last samurai

This is a good move because I was not impressed with the movie preference of a number of the nucks - come on is watching the hunger games really going to pump you up. Hopefully, he brings back such classics as Braveheart, and anything with Bruce Lee. Might even toss in a last samurai

You really gotta stop smoking grass

From the sounds of it Tortorella spent very little time watching video, and limited his players to watching it too. This likely limited Williams role with the team, and ultimately he is taking the fall for it.

However, the video coach is much more vital to the team than some people realize. He has to not only watch hours upon hours of video and be an expert at what to look for, he has to be able to properly communicate to his players what they're doing wrong, and explain to them how to correct it. For a guy like Edler, who seems to have most of his problems between his ears, a good video coach that can break down plays for him is huge. You can't just yell at a guy what to do, you have to show him.

You really gotta stop smoking grass

Keep smoking weed dude.

Great insight ... MPT would benefit. :)

From the sounds of it Tortorella spent very little time watching video, and limited his players to watching it too. This likely limited Williams role with the team, and ultimately he is taking the fall for it.

However, the video coach is much more vital to the team than some people realize. He has to not only watch hours upon hours of video and be an expert at what to look for, he has to be able to properly communicate to his players what they're doing wrong, and explain to them how to correct it. For a guy like Edler, who seems to have most of his problems between his ears, a good video coach that can break down plays for him is huge. You can't just yell at a guy what to do, you have to show him.

That may be true but I'm glad we're turning things over. Our old staff seemed a little lame. I really don't want anyone involved with that old era around anyway.

Archived