The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Johnny Canucks Logo

grabner26

343 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Would you guys be in favor of changing the canucks logo to johnny canuck?

People argue that if we keep changing the logo we have no identity but it seems like a large part of the fan base dislike the orca. The regular johnny canucks logo does look cartoonish but the one makaveli96 posted in the "linden on team 1040 today" looks pretty badass.

66011376_2ba815c457.jpg

If ya'll want identity: stick in the rink logo.

If ya'll want old school: skate logo.

If ya'll want something new: Johnny Canuck logo.

If ya'll wan't to remain the same: Orca logo.

If ya'll want ugly: flying V.

I guarantee you'll make an enemy which ever you choose.

The real issue sadly is the name Canucks. The team was named for a slang for Canadian. Now does that work for New York with the moniker Yankees? Yes. Because they have a simple look. The name Canucks means different things to different people.

I think as long as the team is called Canucks we're going to have some folks griping about the logo.

If we were called the Grizzlies, or something else it would be easier to have a logo that everyone can agree on.

If ya'll want identity: stick in the rink logo.

If ya'll want old school: skate logo.

If ya'll want something new: Johnny Canuck logo.

If ya'll wan't to remain the same: Orca logo.

If ya'll want ugly: flying V.

I guarantee you'll make an enemy which ever you choose.

If I recall there was a poll on here as to what logo during the lockout. About 40% where in favor of keeping the Orca. The other 60% were divided among Johnny Canuck, Stick in Rink, Flying V, Skate, Millionaires, and "something" new. So although the previous poster was right, that the majority (on here at least) don't like the Orca, that majority was completely divided on what it should be changed to. But the Orca did hold the highest percentage of fans in that poll.

So you're absolutely correct, it doesn't matter what the logo is, a good percentage of fans won't be happy as each has their own favorite. Which really makes changing the primary pointless. What they should do is keep the Orca as primary and rotate the others through each year as the alternate.

I don't like any of those linked. Would rather just go stick in rink. Could use Johnny on third, but I haven't seen one that looks good as primary crest. The Vachon logo doesn't really work as crest, shoulder patch fine but not as crest.

More importantly though I hope they don't change the colour scheme again. Consistency of colours is more important than the logo itself. The colour scheme really identifies the team and we keep going through such drastic changes. Black yellow and orange, to blue burgundy and disco silver to blue green and white. Whats next Millionaires maroon and creme.

<-----

<----- This Logo

<-----

It actually looks pretty slick on a jearsey. Scroll down to post 41 in the link to have a look.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/329458-canucks-logo/page-2

I do have an issue with it though. The guy appears to be an aviator, which doesn't make any sense for Canucks or Vancouver. Atleast not that I can see.

No, stick with what we have.

Now I am down for a completely new third jersey with a different colour scheme. Half the time i dont even notice we're wearing our third jerseys. the vintage stick in teh rink was awesome back in the WCE era because it was such a change to teh colour of the orca scheme back then. Now, to me its just boring. Bring back the skate or use the millionaires. Either way a change there would be fun and new.

100% no to johnny canuck. Personally, i can't stand that logo in the slightest. We will never build a history with a new logo every few years.

Would you guys be in favor of changing the canucks logo to johnny canuck?

People argue that if we keep changing the logo we have no identity but it seems like a large part of the fan base dislike the orca. The regular johnny canucks logo does look cartoonish but the one makaveli96 posted in the "linden on team 1040 today" looks pretty badass.

66011376_2ba815c457.jpg

Something along the lines of the quoted image as a third? Absolutely! (I don't care for the more "cartoony" Johnny.)

I think the original stick and rink should be our main.

Archived