The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Johnny Canucks Logo

grabner26

343 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I can't for the life of me imagine teams such as the Habs or the Leafs changing their logo like they were changing their underware. Will management put away their crayons and stop messing with the uniform. Lets try this lets the game on the ice make the deciding factor. lets not look like Johhny come lately with a concstant stream of uniforms. colours, designs. Lets build some history and stop being the laughing stock of the league with yet another new uniform

I really like the first and last one. But I really think we shouldn't change our primary logos every some years. It would be better if we made our current third jerseys as our home, and then have the away ones as the same but in white and then have a new third jersey.

Preferably this:

WhiteLightning-VAN.png

I'm probably in the "don't change it" camp. Not that I love the orca or anything, I just hate that this team's gone through so many changes in so (relatively) little time (compared to other franchises).

I suppose if we really had to change it, I'd want to go with a classic design like the stick-in-rink. And I'd certainly prefer that logo to the one we're using right now.

I'm just loath to go through yet another jersey change at this time. Feels like a money grab, especially given that ticket sales have sagged and the team is looking to build revenues.

But again, if we had to make a change, give me the stick-in-rink.

And I guess new jerseys would fit in nicely with the whole "change is coming" marketing strategy.

As for the other options, I like aspects of the "aviator" but I don't really think it fits with the team/city identity. Plus there's already a team in the league with an aviation theme in their name and logo.

I'd probably trade those "aviator" designs to the Winnipeg Jets (maybe as part of a package for Kane). ;)

As far as Johnny Canuck, I really don't like the "cartoonish" versions. I like the "meaner" looking Johnny a bit more but I'm not convinced that any Johnny Canuck lumberjack logo is suitable for more than a 3rd jersey. Or maybe a shoulder patch.

Given all that, I'd probably still just (very reluctantly) keep the Orca.

I love this. Never seen it before. I personally am a big fan of the Johnny Canuck logo. But I also agree with a previous poster about constantly changing the uniform as a bad thing. Never been a big fan of the orca, but I am a huge fan of the current colour scheme. Stick in rink or Johnny logo if you gotta change it. The thing about the colour scheme though is when you go to a canucks game there's no "sameness" for lack of a better word. No sea of red like you see in Chicago or Calgary. Would like to see the colours at the very minimum stick around.

post-123246-0-50452200-1406926027_thumb.

I think the current 3rd, should be the main, like the version posted. A swap between Johnny Canuck and the skate, would be fine as the new 3rd. Biggest question though, is 'why bother at all?'

Definitely keep the current colours though

I wouldn't mind a logo change. It would add a little excitement and signal the change of an era.

I really don't care that much about branding that doesn't affect me in the slightest. It's just a jersey, it's the person inside it that counts.

On to bigger and better things.

Not that specific one - I feel like it's a bit much trying to combine 2 logos and 2 themes.

But someone posted this one on Twitter the other day and I kind of like it!

j0z1xv.jpg

I am still a "stick in the rink" guy however I like this.

I hate the skate, it looks like a confused drawing someone made in the dark.

I don't mind the stick but to me its lightweight and it has some people wondering what it is.

The Orca has presence and the present colours are just great.

Change for change sake, when will it ever stop with our lightweight fans.

I don't mind the stick but to me its lightweight and it has some people wondering what it is.

I never was a skate fan either to be honest.

But lightweight fans...I think if you read around the CDC you might see how passionate people are for this team, whether you agree with their opinions or not.

I never was a skate fan either to be honest.

But lightweight fans...I think if you read around the CDC you might see how passionate people are for this team, whether you agree with their opinions or not.

"Lightweight fans". Classy. People who disagree with you are no less a fan of this team then you. Hate to break it to you.

As for the logo change. I am for a change, but not against keeping things as is. If we were to go Vintage I'd like too see the Skate, or the stick in the rink. A Johnny Canuck logo would be cool, maybe as a 3rd jersey.

I wouldn't mind a logo change. It would add a little excitement and signal the change of an era.

I really don't care that much about branding that doesn't affect me in the slightest. It's just a jersey, it's the person inside it that counts.

On to bigger and better things.

Tell the fans of the Montreal Canadiens.... hey we're going to change the logo..."add a little excitment change of a an era" Montreal has something fans here envy. They have tradition and history, they're proud of their past and they're proud going forward. Here in Vcr there always some schmuk with a set of crayons wanting to rewrite any attempt Vcr has of estebilishing some tradition. Vcr is a laughing stock, no history no tradition & no respect

I really like the first and last one. But I really think we shouldn't change our primary logos every some years. It would be better if we made our current third jerseys as our home, and then have the away ones as the same but in white and then have a new third jersey.

Preferably this:

WhiteLightning-VAN.png

This is perfect, get rid of the orca and go back to an original design. If people want Johnny canuck throw him on the shoulder patch.

The only thing I would maybe have is the Skate as our third or millionaire jersey.

j.c looks confident. like he wants to play hockey and he is in a relentless stride, keeps coming at you. looks like he will skate right through you and if you knock him down he will get right back up again.

the whale looks constipated, like it is trying to take a s**t

the strongest argument for keeping the whale is that we have already changed so many times which is actually a very weak argument.

change is coming

Archived