The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Johnny Canucks Logo

grabner26

343 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I really like the first and last one. But I really think we shouldn't change our primary logos every some years. It would be better if we made our current third jerseys as our home, and then have the away ones as the same but in white and then have a new third jersey.

Preferably this:

WhiteLightning-VAN.png

I'm definitely all for this!!!

Just no to the skate.

Johnny Canuck is ridiculous. Skate looks like roadkill. Stick looks old-school, like something you'd keep if your club had a ton of tradition and success, so never changed it. Not something you go back to since it makes less sense than the lumberjack and is as obscure as the skate. (Why not a glove? Maybe a helmet?)

Until we have a better idea stay with the same.

I wonder if this desire to keep changing things reflects the transient nature of Vcr fans. There sems to be no respect for the past and the history of the team. The only sort of team wishing to continuously chnage their logo and colours is a team that is trying to run away from their past. Why not be proud of the team and it's history and the players that have played here

I wonder if this desire to keep changing things reflects the transient nature of Vcr fans. There sems to be no respect for the past and the history of the team. The only sort of team wishing to continuously chnage their logo and colours is a team that is trying to run away from their past. Why not be proud of the team and it's history and the players that have played here

Disagree.

Or the owners inserted thier company into the team, aka the orca.

I would rather have any of the old jersey than the orca.

Disagree.

Or the owners inserted thier company into the team, aka the orca.

I would rather have any of the old jersey than the orca.

Oh me too. I'd like the orginal stick in the rink. These years of change to deflect a poor team on the ice ....I've had enough

I really like the first and last one. But I really think we shouldn't change our primary logos every some years. It would be better if we made our current third jerseys as our home, and then have the away ones as the same but in white and then have a new third jersey.

Preferably this:

WhiteLightning-VAN.png

They can't go wrong with this

It actually looks pretty slick on a jearsey. Scroll down to post 41 in the link to have a look.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/329458-canucks-logo/page-2

I do have an issue with it though. The guy appears to be an aviator, which doesn't make any sense for Canucks or Vancouver. Atleast not that I can see.

It makes sense in the context of Johnny Canuck the WW2 fighter pilot. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-4DFunRQgIn8/TfkJua6d6QI/AAAAAAAADww/mc96QNYZB3o/s1600/Johnny-Canuck.jpg

I have always loved that jersey concept and the logo, down to the stick in rink aviator goggles.

Preferably this:

WhiteLightning-VAN.png

Very nice indeed!

Preferably this:

WhiteLightning-VAN.png

This is what I figured wed be doing in the first place when we opted to return to the green and blue colors.

The re-hashed orca is terrible. This logo is immeasurably better.

I'd like to see the above 3rd jerseys with the Aviator patch instead. That would look cool: (hard to find just a pic of the patch.... I don't like this as a jersey. But on the shoulder? yes.)

I like the style of the aviator logo, but feel the motif of an aviator doesn't quite suit the Canucks.

Here's a quick concept of Johnny Canuck in the aviator style

johnnycanuckjersey.jpg

Johnny Canuck is ridiculous. Skate looks like roadkill. Stick looks old-school, like something you'd keep if your club had a ton of tradition and success, so never changed it. Not something you go back to since it makes less sense than the lumberjack and is as obscure as the skate. (Why not a glove? Maybe a helmet?)

Until we have a better idea stay with the same.

Well said. You forgot the vintage unis with the big beige diaper pants though.

Quit changing the uniforms every few years...it makes Vancouver look bush league.

I like the style of the aviator logo, but feel the motif of an aviator doesn't quite suit the Canucks.

Here's a quick concept of Johnny Canuck in the aviator style

johnnycanuckjersey.jpg

That looks pretty cool. Was the original yours as well?

Preferably this:

WhiteLightning-VAN.png

I Absolutely love that idea. This is along the same lines of what I've been hoping for for the last few years. That third jersey is gorgeous, but instead of the stick and rink as the chest logo, I'd like to see the Millionaires "V" with green lettering. I would also like to see a V-shape on the arm of the home and away jersey like they had on the original 1970 jersey.

6573500.jpg?size=640x420

Archived