The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Selanne's #8 To Be Retired

Mimerez

That's great news for Teemu! (Although not unexpected)

Hall of fame career, rookie record that appears almost untouchable, most points by any olympic hockey player, and probably the nicest, classiest guy in the game.....not to mention a canuck killer

Hats off to you Teemu, one of my all time favorite players!

Congratulations to the Finnish Flash!

Although I won't forgive his Canuck killing ways (I kid, I kid), he was one of the classiest guys to play the game we all love.

Nothing but the best for his jersey retirement ceremony and his future endeavors!

Classy touch to have the celebration against the Jets.

Wow, this is awesome. Retiring his number against the team where he started his career, pretty classy move. Teemu along with Hejduk were absolute Canuck Killers during the 2000's but neither player was dirty just talented, skilled players. Happy to see the Ducks retiring Selanne's number and as mentioned, first player in club history to have his jersey retired.

Teemu forever and ever and ever.

Well deserved. Is this the first retired number for the franchise or is Kariya's number retired?Edit- just googled it, Selanne's number will be the first ever retired by the Ducks.

They can't really retire Kariya's number especially when Ryan used the #9 during his tenure with the Ducks

I know I'm going to get flamed for this. But given a choice between Bure and Selanne. I'd take Selanne. He was more complete player. Bure was exciting as hell, but Selanne brought his A game every night. The lockout probably extended his career and allowed him to heal up.

Even against the Canucks I always respected him.

nucksducks2.jpg

Archived