The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New Jersey - Which Player's Name & #

chambo

Hey Guys,

I am new to Vancouver, caught the end of last season and went to a few games and am a BIG NHL fan and followed it from back home...I am purchasing a new jersey, do you guys think I should get on a core player as my favorite is H. Sedin or jump on a prospect such as Horvat or Virtanen since I will be around to see their careers unfold?

Cheers!!

I wouldn't get an 18/19 yr old prospect on my jersey. What if the guy you choose doesnt pan out. Would you want a bust on the back of your jersey? Go for someone who fits Bennings type of team and still has many years of playing time, but is an NHL regular.

Kassian, for example, is big, speedy, and mean, so he likely won't get traded. I highly doubt he won't pan out, as he's already shown he can handle himself and put up points and be an impact player. He's also 23, so he's got 10-13 yrs of solid playing.

I'd go with Kassian or Bonino maybe. Not sure about Sbisa or Tanev sticking around.

Screw that, go Tanev. I got my millionaires jersey with Tanman.

and really, no one is safe except for maybe the Sedins, but their contract is up in a few.

Weber #6. Just to see the look on their face when they think we traded for Shea if they forget we have Yannick :bigblush:

Nah I would go with Hamhuis. Class leader and person with talent and who has done his home province and country proud through his play.

If you want a prospect jersey get a nice perfectly clean Shinkaruk jersey. He looks to be a lifelong Canuck. If you want a superstar get a Henrik Sedin, Daniel Sedin, Roberto Luongo or Kevin Bieksa jersey. These players showed their class and persevered through tough times.

Archived