The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Snet Pacific staff changes - Taylor & Cmac gone

Sportsnet proves lacking when it comes to the west coast market. Taylor is a mainstay and c-ball is not.

Bad decision but was clear Taylor was not in their plans after Cybulski was brought in.

Back to TSN for highlights!

Couldn't a braintrust bring back sports page??

If Don wants back on TV, he'll be there.

I won't watch Cybulski. He's a dips**t.

They are probly just thinking Don Taylors ignorant bliss homerism was too much, alot like Roger Millions on Snet West hahaha

People watch the regional channels for homerism.

John garrett is a Homer and canucks fans love him for it. So was Don.

Both guys are similar... Great character and share the same passion for the canucks. Those are the guys u need on a regional station.

Man I hate the argument that poker and video games are sports because they're mentally demanding.

Sports are both mentally and physically demanding, not just one.

"Sitting and slugging it out" really?.... How can someone argue poker is physical? haha

Have you ever played bridge for 10 to 12 hours a day for 8 days? .. I thought not .. :)

It definitely sucks seeing SNET letting go of Don Taylor and Craig MacEwen! I grew up tuning in to their nightly broadcasts so moving forward in the televised sports world is going to seem weird without their presence.

I'm glad that Donny is taking on a larger role back at Team 1040 and hopefully C-Mac can find success with another company.

Wishing them all the best in their future endeavors and will always thank them for the Vancouver-based contributions!

"You know why his stick broke? Cause he didn't get it from Cyclone Taylor."

Definitely one of my all-time favourites.

The infamous Don Taylor Anaheim Mighty Dykes blooper on Sports Page back in the day: (2min 14sec).

Aw man, memories. I was a wee lil pup at the time but I saw this live. He lost it, I lost it and neither of us could recover. I had tears in my eyes and was barely getting any oxygen at the time. To this day that was the most I've ever laughed at something.

Hadn't watched him consistently in years. And unfortunately, because tv is largely image as well, over the last 5 years he aged incredibly quickly and not very gracefully.

And to boot, his "material" was stale.

This.

He's not nearly as funny as he once was, and doesn't have much camera appeal anymore. Hasn't evolved or kept up with new parts of the game (eg. analytics). It's time for him to move on, spend more time with the family, etc.

With Rogers poaching the other networks for their new monopoly, there are going to be a lot of new faces on Sportsnet.

This.

He's not nearly as funny as he once was, and doesn't have much camera appeal anymore. Hasn't evolved or kept up with new parts of the game (eg. analytics). It's time for him to move on, spend more time with the family, etc.

With Rogers poaching the other networks for their new monopoly, there are going to be a lot of new faces on Sportsnet.

Nah, we all agree that you are wrong.

Nah, we all agree that you are wrong.

Sorry, but it's true.

Everybody who loves Don Taylor on TV has been watching him for years. It's a nostalgia thing, and they get the recurring jokes, etc. People who move to BC who have never seen him rarely become fans. At least, not in a long time.

I was an old fan, and still enjoy his schtick once in a while. But overall, it's kind of stale.

Archived