The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

List Your All Time Least-Favorite Canucks

TOMapleLaughs

Looks like it's Messier in a walk. I was never a big fan of his signing here but I remember that most fans here were over the moon at the signing. The hate for him here is asinine; the guy scored .783 PPG which is pretty damned good for a guy who played here when he was 36 to 38 years old and who fought through 35 games missed due to injury in years 2 and 3. Just for comparisons sake note that Markus Naslund's last three years here (for which he was paid identical money) he scored at a .792 PPG clip and missed only one game due to injury while being four years younger. Don't see his name anywhere here. Just sayin'...

You don't see Nazzy's name here because he wasn't an ***hole.

Messier is an ***hole.

/.

Gillis?

30877d603a7b84121d0f21a416a91d75.jpg

AAAAAAH-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

While your joke is hilarious, Keenan did nowhere near the damage Gillis did.

In fact, I think Keenan made up for a lot of his mistakes by basically gifting Luongo to the Canucks.

You guys sure have selective memories. If Keenan had never been in Vancouver, the Sedins would never have been drafted by Vancouver.

The moves Keenan made (acquiring Bertuzzi and McCabe specifically) set up the Canucks to not only receive the Sedin twins (by shipping McCabe to Chicago) as well as Luongo (who was traded to Vancouver by Keenan for the player Keenan acquired several years earlier in Vancouver)

So, in that respect, the three most impactful players in the 2011 Cup run were available at least in part due to Keenan.

Contrast that against a general manager (Gillis) who left the team in much worse shape than he found it. Star players traded for spare parts and draft picks (including TWO franchise goaltenders)

So unless Bo Horvat or Jacob Markstrom/Shawn Matthias etc ends up being the next Roy or Gretzky, I can say with reasonable confidence that Mike Gillis is one of, if not the most destructive managers in recent memory.

Forget the GM award, he should win a Mike Milbury award.

You guys sure have selective memories. If Keenan had never been in Vancouver, the Sedins would never have been drafted by Vancouver.

The moves Keenan made (acquiring Bertuzzi and McCabe specifically) set up the Canucks to not only receive the Sedin twins (by shipping McCabe to Chicago) as well as Luongo (who was traded to Vancouver by Keenan for the player Keenan acquired several years earlier in Vancouver)

So, in that respect, the three most impactful players in the 2011 Cup run were available at least in part due to Keenan.

Contrast that against a general manager (Gillis) who left the team in much worse shape than he found it. Star players traded for spare parts and draft picks (including TWO franchise goaltenders)

So unless Bo Horvat or Jacob Markstrom/Shawn Matthias etc ends up being the next Roy or Gretzky, I can say with reasonable confidence that Mike Gillis is one of, if not the most destructive managers in recent memory.

Forget the GM award, he should win a Mike Milbury award.

What the hell are you talking about?

Mike Keenan was never GM of the Canucks .... :rolleyes:

Messier - just because, well....everything. Team imploded, he pilfered Linden's C, and apparently was a complete prak to deal with off the ice.

Jeff Brown - teammates don't do that schtick to each other.

Matt Cooke - dirtbag extraordinaire.

Donald Brashear - Is it okay to hate someone for having no personality? Apart from that, I heard an off-ice story about him here that truly disgusted me.

Jiri Bubla - got caught up in something a smart, moral-minded person wouldn't.

Michel Petit - Tiger Williams referred to him as Mike Small....good enough for me.

Russ Courtnall - told a friend of mine he didn't care if the team made the playoffs....he was looking forward to his vacation.

Archived