The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

List Your All Time Least-Favorite Canucks

TOMapleLaughs

I started watching the Canucks in 2003 so I can't hate the obvious one (Messier).

As many already pointed out, I don't hate players because they didn't perform.

Two players that bugged me were Cody Hodgson and Mathieu Schneider. If I remember correctly Schneider had an attitude and wanted more ice-time even though he was slow and sucked...then he threw a hissy fit and was let go after a couple of games (or sent down to the AHL? Can't remember). Just terrible.

I understand Cody Hodgson after he was buried by Gillis and Co, but before he was a god around here and I have a hard time believing you weren't in that camp. I certainly was, no denying it. As for Schneider, I think the way Gillis practiced business was on the shady side, as is evident by Nylander and Edmonton debacle among other things. He was promised top 6 time and he was buried in the minors so he had every right to be upset. Sure it's on him that he didn't crack the lineup, but you don't go and promise things to players like Gillis often did. His word meant nothing.

Leave it to TOML to come up with a re-thread of most disliked Canucks and post his own list of over 40 players lol.

Ease up there Laffs.

Anyhow, I'm not one to abstain, but this is a hands-down no-brainer.

Messier and Keenan are the biggest mistakes the franchise ever made.

The other prima-donnas.... Nedved, Hodgson - were flipped for excellent returns, so hard to bother to dislike them because I liked the players that came back so much, making those dramas rather gratifying in the end..

Likewise with Luongo who had his annoying moments, but he's a wash - played some great hockey here, played some meh hockey here, said some regrettable things, but hey, dislike is further than I'd go, and quite happy with Matthias and Markstrom.

Kesler....ditto.

Hey, I'm of the mindset that everything happens for a reason. Our current Canucks would look a hell of a lot different without these two. They were a train wreck, no doubt, but the change they inspired was felt for years to come.

Just like Torts, those two were a huge blessing in disguise

Hey, I'm of the mindset that everything happens for a reason. Our current Canucks would look a hell of a lot different without these two. They were a train wreck, no doubt, but the change they inspired was felt for years to come.

Just like Torts, those two were a huge blessing in disguise

That may be true, but regardless, it's no reason to like either of them.

What a terribly negative thread. It honestly makes us look like the worst fan base in the league. The only player truly deserving of hate is Messier.

Yep, it's pretty pitiful. I feel like this belongs here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9_nXlvY6Io

Wow for fans I didn't know so many players could be dis-liked that wear the uniform. BUT, I do know that whenever I saw Adrien Plasic on the ice I would cringe and scream at the tv when he blundered.

I met Messier on the ferry before the team announced he was coming here and he was one of my idols as a kid while in EDM. I bought into the hype even though it felt like a kick to the groin after 94...and then I dis-liked the endless circles he would skate from blueline to blueline without doing much else.

Other players maybe were disappointments, but can't say I dis-liked them.

Now if the forum was about players on other teams the list would be long...

messier, keenan, nedved, f. fedorov, cooke, cloutier, raymond, wellwood, bernier, hodgson aka daddy's little boy, rome aka pronger 2.0, m. schneider, ebbett, miller, roy baby, superstar weise, fanner glass, barker, hordichuk, pyatt, ron delorme, aquilini family,

There's only a few that I hate with a passion.

Messier - obvious reasons

Brown - rumour or not, McLean did hold some sort of grudge at Brown. (there is an interview, where he took a "shot" at him)

Ruutu - never liked his on-ice antics. (dove more than Kesler)

Kesler - too much of an egotistical prick.

Wow, if you hate that many people I really think that you really should go talk to someone...

I concur, Ice Cube. Since I didn't actually hate any of these guys, and in fact they're just not my favorite Canucks, and in fact they're some of my least-favorite ones, I changed the OP title. Everything is awesome. Everything is cool when you work in a team.

I can't believe all the nobodies I'm seeing on various lists. As if being a journeyman player is something that someone should be hated for....

I'm going to leave Messier off my list, just to be different than what I assume will be 100% of the rest of CDC. My list:

Cooke

J. Ruutu

Tikkanen

M. Schneider

A. Carter

Brashear

F. Fedorov

Nope just my feeling for him. Mainly pissed gillis didn't trade him in 2010 or 2011 deadline for a high return

Yeah, Schneider led the league in sv% from 2010-2013 btw, it's for players who played certain amount of games(not like 5 games). Also, Schneids wouldn't have got us a high return, the oilers deal was possible in 2013 but Gillis only cares about what division we're in.

Archived