The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

List Your All Time Least-Favorite Canucks

TOMapleLaughs

Lol hate thread of your own guys?

Well divisional rival here I'll get down in this.

In nir particular order

-Tuomo Ruutu-chirped agitated

-Willie Mitchel(although I love his style and respect his ability as a shut down guy, he always frustrated me back in the 05-09 era, he was good at shutting Iggy down. Iggy got by once or twice though. pS love him as a player, just not a Canuck

-Kesler, just embarrassing diving, whining, overrated

-Burrows, pest, diver, ref barker, still have an image in my head of that game around maybe 09 or 10 when he barked at Godard, then did a full turtle to avoid having his skull caved in lol, I thing he was expecting someone to step in and take the fight for him, but there no Nucks that year that would dar dance with Godard.

Bieksa- diver, whiner, doesn't sack up and take responsibility for his own mistakes

That's in, and to prove I'm not trolling ill go to a post the the face Nucks thread as welk

Was going to groan at what some Calgary troll had to say, but then I saw Tuomo Ruutu and laughed.

This is Jarkko Ruutu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v71FqkDMV1c

And now I laughed again.

Thanks Calgary troll.

Was going to groan at what some Calgary troll had to say, but then I saw Tuomo Ruutu and laughed.

This is Jarkko Ruutu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v71FqkDMV1c

And now I laughed again.

Thanks Calgary troll.

Sorry I forgot which Ruutu, and I'm not trolling Im just answering the thread, I also input names into the favorite Canucks thread too.

Even so, that still doesn't give any legitimate reason to hate many of our players.

Ok, c'mon...

Within the context of a thread like this, on a board like this, the semantics of a word like "Hate" change drastically.

And I think you're smart enough to know that.

Nobody "Hates" anyone. (As in "Real Life" hate) This is fantasy NHL world were talking about, like going to a movie and talking about what characters you did or didn't like.

Messier is only guy who may draw some genuine dislike (From myself as well) but If I heard he had been hurt in an accident, family member sick or anything of the sort, that dislike would turn to concern really quick.

Because news like that would take us out of the entertainment zone and put us back in the real world,

Anyway....

Has ANYONE mentioned Mogilny yet?

Yeah, yeah....50 goals...I know, I was there, and unfortunately for him, so was he.

He hated (real world) Vancouver, didn't want to be here and had no problem letting you know it.

Probably the worst lockeroom influence we've ever had, besides Messier. (Hon. mention: J. Brown)

On my list Mogilny is a clear #2 to Messier,

Leif Rohlin and Brian Noonan.

NOONAN! Good god!

He was all kinds of useless, god we sucked back then.

Still, I have to say, I enjoyed following the team during that era, it was a cluster@#$k, but it was never boring

Oh, and when It comes Rohiln, I really think he didn't want to be in North America

I really didn't like Byron Ritchie, Brad Isbister, Tommy Santala, Marc Chouinard, and a few others. Mainly just scrubs that looked completely out of place on an NHL roster, but still go playing time for whatever reason. Although, the hype train around Santala was pretty funny.

Just say you hate Nonis,

That era of the Canucks was just lame, we were playing the trap and Nonis kept stocking us with plugs.

Canucks hockey (And I believe there is such a thing) is all about entertainment. We haven't always been a good team, but we've rarely been boring. The team in all it's memorable eras has been an unpredictable, undisciplined, offense oriented squad.

And that's the hockey I grew up on, that's the hockey I enjoy! Nonis tried to take that away and turn us into the Devils-west.

Ok, so I guess I found my #3 then

1. Mess

2. Mogilny

3. Nonis

4. Keenan (At least he was entertaining)

Just say you hate Nonis,

That era of the Canucks was just lame, we were playing the trap and Nonis kept stocking us with plugs.

Canucks hockey (And I believe there is such a thing) is all about entertainment. We haven't always been a good team, but we've rarely been boring. The team in all it's memorable eras has been an unpredictable, undisciplined, offense oriented squad.

And that's the hockey I grew up on, that's the hockey I enjoy! Nonis tried to take that away and turn us into the Devils-west.

Ok, so I guess I found my #3 then

1. Mess

2. Mogilny

3. Nonis

4. Keenan (At least he was entertaining)

Mogilny at 2 thats a joke right? Lol guy scored 50 and was magic for us what a great guy he was. Hope your kidding! :)

FWIW, I met Troy Crowder several years ago and he had nothing but good things to say about Almo. Said he was a good teammate and a very hard worker.

Crowder was only with the 'Nucks for one season, but it was long enough for Mogilny to leave positive impression.

Messier/Keenan

:

Still to this day think he and Keenan came to the Canucks to make sure they WOULDN'T win... you know, because screw you Linden...

Matt Cooke

:

dirty little POS who you just dream about punching the F out.

Jeff Brown

:

I've been on teams where a guy sleeps with a teammates wife. Saying that doesn't work out well is an understatement.
5 Star Loser.

Nedved

:

snot nosed b!tch who thought his s*** didn't stink.

Cody Hodgson (really too bad...)

:

Carried a bowl of self-entitlement large enough to feed every Feminist on earth for an entire season.

Kesler

:

I hesitated here because when things were going well he was engaging and played his arse off.
Problem being, as soon as things started to slip he started pouting like a little girl. I get that some players are more "loyal" than others, but a real professional shuts his mouth, puts his head down, works hard, and waits for a trade.
His true colours showed in the end.

Ship-jumper only interested in himself.

Mogilny at 2 thats a joke right? Lol guy scored 50 and was magic for us what a great guy he was. Hope your kidding! :)

See my post above for an explanation on that, he didn't want to be here and was a negative presence in the locker room.

If you know anyone who was connected with the Canucks during that era, ask them about Almo and see what they have to say about him. Or go to one of those Canuck veteran charity events and ask those guys, apparently it doesn't take much to get them talking about it.

Once we got rid of Mogilny and Messier it was like we had been awarded a new franchise, the Canucks were the Canucks again. And surprise! Back into the playoffs we went.

FWIW, I met Troy Crowder several years ago and he had nothing but good things to say about Almo. Said he was a good teammate and a very hard worker.

Crowder was only with the 'Nucks for one season, but it was long enough for Mogilny to leave positive impression.

Hmmm, alright,

I've heard many things to the contrary, but he was on the team then, so that certainly counts for a lot.

Hmmm, alright,

I've heard many things to the contrary, but he was on the team then, so that certainly counts for a lot.

As I said dee, Crowder was only on the squad for part of one season. I met him the summer after, when he was visiting a friend who just happened to be the beer rep for the bar that I was managing.

He spoke well of Almo, but he also spoke poorly of Pavel and Gino, so his words should be taken with a grain of salt. I think that in only half a season played, it's pretty easy to get the wrong impression (positive or negative) about a teammate. That being said, I found Crowder to be very sincere, soft spoken for such a big man and generally a nice guy.

I threw this out there not to refute your earlier post, but because it's what was said, however in this case, one should definitely consider the source.

Looks like it's Messier in a walk. I was never a big fan of his signing here but I remember that most fans here were over the moon at the signing. The hate for him here is asinine; the guy scored .783 PPG which is pretty damned good for a guy who played here when he was 36 to 38 years old and who fought through 35 games missed due to injury in years 2 and 3. Just for comparisons sake note that Markus Naslund's last three years here (for which he was paid identical money) he scored at a .792 PPG clip and missed only one game due to injury while being four years younger. Don't see his name anywhere here. Just sayin'...

As I said dee, Crowder was only on the squad for part of one season. I met him the summer after, when he was visiting a friend who just happened to be the beer rep for the bar that I was managing.

He spoke well of Almo, but he also spoke poorly of Pavel and Gino, so his words should be taken with a grain of salt. I think that in only half a season played, it's pretty easy to get the wrong impression (positive or negative) about a teammate. That being said, I found Crowder to be very sincere, soft spoken for such a big man and generally a nice guy.

I threw this out there not to refute your earlier post, but because it's what was said, however in this case, one should definitely consider the source.

I find it interesting that he wasn't particularly fond of Pavel and Gino, but it kind of makes sense. He could have been the guy to take Gino's job. So I suppose Pavel and Gino were giving him a little "Cold shoulder" treatment just to let him know how they felt about that possibility.

Also, I remember everyone expecting Pavel and Mogilny to be best buds, since they had played together were from the same country ect. Then the stories came out about them barley speaking, never hanging out ect. It was never reported that they had a problem with one another, just that they were definitely not in the same "Clique"

Maybe Almo was a little more friendly to Troy, due to the fact that he had no agenda, and wasn't a "Pavel-Gino" clique member.

The tough guys are usually pretty honest so I would take Crowder at his word, and if Mogilny was friendly to him in a situation where he didn't know anyone, that does change my view of Almo a little.

1. Mark Messier - Ushered in the era of the Orca Bay Canucks. Wore his #11 without any regard for Wayne Maki's memory and Maki's family. Gladly took Trevor's captaincy and then lobbied for Mike Keenan's hiring. Keenan, then, guts the whole team, which included trading Trevor.

2. Jeff Brown - It was disheartening when one of the most valuable players in the Canucks' '94 Cup run became a self-entitled primadonna and furthermore, showed no morals and values(I'm not going to get into it while I'm still calm on this case and point).

3. Petr Nedved - People say the Canucks should've taken Jagr. However, Nedved was an excellent talent who, unfortunately, drank the 90's self-entitlement kool-aid. My blood boiled beyond 100 degrees when he asked Gretzky for his stick after he did absolutely nothing in the playoffs against the Kings. If Tiger Williams had been Nedved's teammate, that so-called stick would have been snatched and broken in two in the Canucks' dressing room. If I were Nedved's teammate, that stick would have been snatched and broken in four, with the broken wood thrown right back at "little" Petr.

4. Gerald Diduck - Another self-centred individual from that excellent '94 team. Edmonton born-and-raised who was given his due by the Canucks after playing on some bad Islander teams. Preferred playing in the U.S. and paying less taxes from his high salary than have another run for the Cup with the Canucks. It was indeed the 90's folks.

5. David Booth - Whenever I see this guy's face, he looks like Owen Wilson from "Meet The Parents/Fockers". The reality is that Booth's heart and head are not in the game of hockey. I don't care about all his injuries. He would rather shoot innocent bears in the off-season than work on shooting pucks as well as his conditioning. All I can say is thank goodness the Grizzlies are in Memphis. I would hate to know of Super Grizz's fate had the team and Booth co-existed together in Vancouver. Okay, it's my sick sense of humour but I couldn't help myself. :lol:::D:P

6. Mason Raymond - Such a fast skater with good hands. A very nice and well-spoken guy. Unfortunately, Raymond still doesn't realize that in his sport of trade, he has to pay the price, ie. drive to the net and allow his speed to be his weapon. One 20+ goal season for a player of his skill level is unacceptable.

7. Patrik Sundstrom - A favourite of many long-time Canucks fans. If there was a list for the most disappointing Canucks(maybe I missed it), "Sunny" would be Number 1 on my list. He was the first Canuck to crack the 90-point mark. 38 goals and 91 points at the age of 22 should be a launching pad for stardom. Unfortunately, he never cracked 80 points again, let alone 90. Sundstrom was so skilled that he should have had multiple 100+ point seasons in the high scoring 80's era. Could have meant 10-15 more points for the Canucks in the standings. Tiger's trade to Detroit and Bill LaForge's hiring didn't help matters either.

This is an easy one. Messier. Not even because of what he did or didn't do as a Canuck on and off the ice, but for chopping Trevor down with a cheap shot at the end of Game 6. It's clear sportsmanship, class and honour don't win you cups. The nice guys finish last, I guess. The winners go out trying to hurt the opposition so they can't play, and then they deny any intent later. That's what's wrong with the game and I remember a shift in that direction in '94. The game changed after that, at least the game I watched. In other trivia on Messier, remember when Pavel got 5 and a game for high sticking in '94 and in a game afterwards, Messier got 4 minutes for the same penalty. So frustrating in such a close series. At any rate, Messier takes the cake. Nobody deserves to get shelled by fans like him.

Archived