The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks ownership interested in the Buffalo Bills

thundernuts

Canucks ownership news - The Vancouver Sun is reporting that the Aquilini's are interested in purchasing the Buffalo Bills..

(Mods - if this is the wrong forum, please move to the correct forum)

http://blogs.vancouversun.com/2014/08/08/canucks-owner-aquilini-reportedly-interested-in-purchasing-buffalo-bills/

Update: There was some interest, but they've decided not to pursue any further.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/11/canucks-owner-confirms-interest-in-bills/?utm_source=FB%20-%20NBC%20Sports%20-%20NHL%20-%20NHL%20on%20NBC%20Sports&utm_network=facebook&utm_post=2921939&utm_tags=

8885515-e1407539860977.jpg

I hope it happens, but not sure if NFL will allow it. Although it would be great to be the first Canadian city with an NFL team and beat Toronto to it. Toronto has been chasing the Buffalo bills for years and it would be funny if Vancouver somehow got their hands on them.

I hope it happens, but not sure if NFL will allow it. Although it would be great to be the first Canadian city with an NFL team and beat Toronto to it. Toronto has been chasing the Buffalo bills for years and it would be funny if Vancouver somehow got their hands on them.

Even if Aquillini got his hands on them they would never come to Canada

He can purchase the team without moving them to Vancouver.

I wouldn't mind Mr. Aquilini buying the Bills. They have a solid future QB in Manuel. It'll be pretty awesome

It is much better than BC Lions, since we would have a major league football team and I bet most of Canada would follow the lone Canadian NFL team. Am thinking an NFL team would be really popular here, especially since a lot of Americans that live close to the border could easily come and watch them and bring more money to our economy.

Even if Aquillini got his hands on them they would never come to Canada

Thats up to the NFL whether to nix the deal or allow it. If Aquillini purchases the Bills, and the NFL allows the deal to go through, they would come to Canada. It is all dependent on the NFL and the owner, it has nothing to do with their players, fans, media etc. since they have no control over the team.

It is much better than BC Lions, since we would have a major league football team and I bet most of Canada would follow the lone Canadian NFL team. Am thinking an NFL team would be really popular here, especially since a lot of Americans that live close to the border could easily come and watch them and bring more money to our economy.

The Bills are NOT moving to Vancouver. Ever.

Thats up to the NFL whether to nix the deal or allow it. If Aquillini purchases the Bills, and the NFL allows the deal to go through, they would come to Canada. It is all dependent on the NFL and the owner, it has nothing to do with their players, fans, media etc. since they have no control over the team.

Allowing/nixing the deal is a completely separate issue from moving the team. The Aquilinis can just buy the team... and continue owning them... in Buffalo. There is zero chance the Aquilinis even want to move the team here. It just wouldn't be a good business decision. We have nowhere near the number of football fans required to sustain an NFL team.

If the rumours are true that Aquilinis are interested in buying the team, they are buying it as an investment in an NFL team, not as a team to move to Vancouver.

Been watching the NFL for a long time there’s probably a 5% chance it comes to Canada and 0% to B.C.

I remember SabresFan saying something in the NFL thread about the lease in Buffalo being particularly difficult to break. As much as I'd love to see the NFL here, I don't see it happening in my lifetime. I'm fine with that since at least we have a team closeby in Seattle (even though I'm not a Seahawks fan).

I remember SabresFan saying something in the NFL thread about the lease in Buffalo being particularly difficult to break. As much as I'd love to see the NFL here, I don't see it happening in my lifetime. I'm fine with that since at least we have a team closeby in Seattle (even though I'm not a Seahawks fan).

The Bills lease will be very difficult to break at least until the year 2020 when there is an out clause.

http://www.syracuse.com/axeman/index.ssf/2014/04/report_buffalo_bills_lease_with_erie_county_forbifs_sale_to_owner_who_would_relo.html

When all is said and done look for current Sabres owner Terry Pegula to buy the Bills and keep them in Buffalo.

Also one of the prerequisites is that the bidders have to show guarantees that the team will stay in Buffalo. The Toronto group was initially denied second round bidding because their bid was so low and that they weren't able to reasonably show that they would keep the team in Buffalo.

If a Canadian bidder were to win a bid on an NFL team, there's no doubt that they would eventually move the team to Canada.

Terry Pegula (owner of the Sabres) is the most liquid of all of the bidders, and has just recently upped his net worth to over $4.5 Billion. Nobody is going to be able to outbid him. His initial bid is said to be between $1.1 - 1.3 Billion.

The Bills are staying in Buffalo.

I love the Lions. I love the NFL too, don't get me wrong...but Seahawks are close enough as far as I'm concerned.

Archived