The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL GameCentre

Guest r0cknr0lla

Guest r0cknr0lla

I recently downgraded my cable service down to basic cable. I would like to watch the Canucks in HD though and I've heard of NHL GameCentre live. Does anyone know how much that costs? Is it worth it?

Won't work unless you're either out of market or are willing to use methods of questionable legality.

Not true.

There is NOTHING even remotely questionable about using a DNS server.

It will work just fine.

The delay compared to the television stream is roughly 90 seconds. Unless you have a powerful internet connection; you won't be able to enjoy it at the same level you can through cable.

The advantages; you can watch 4 games at once, you can watch ALL of the games whenever you want on your TV, smart phone, etc. You can replay and rewind at will, comparable to DVR, only every hit, shot, faceoff is highlighted for you to go back and watch.

See a play from a player you didn't expect? a burst of speed you didn't expect from a young rookie.... a pair of boobies pressed up against the glass in the penalty box...

You get quick access to highlights/information when you are on your phone, tablet - or pretty much any other device that you can connect gamecenter to.

I have used NHL Gamecenter for 3 years in tandem with http://www.unblock-us.com/ I have never had any real issues watching games I want to watch, and for anybody looking for a near endless hockey fix, it is the way to go.

I used it for the first time last year and loved it. Be aware that a lot of games are blacked out though. Anything local, or nationally televised you wont be able to see. I lived in the Los Angeles area (just recently moved to Seattle though) so I never was able to see a Ducks or Kings vs Canucks game on it, but otherwise I got most games other than a few. I would guess I got around 65-70 Canucks games. Not to mention, I was able to watch just about any other game when I felt like it. If you use it, its definitely worth the 20 or so dollars per month. If you aren't gonna use it often, don't bother. All the streams of the games were good too btw, and apparently there are ways to get it on Xbox or Apple TV so you can watch on TV instead of laptop (though I haven't figured those out yet).

I used it for the first time last year and loved it. Be aware that a lot of games are blacked out though. Anything local, or nationally televised you wont be able to see. I lived in the Los Angeles area (just recently moved to Seattle though) so I never was able to see a Ducks or Kings vs Canucks game on it, but otherwise I got most games other than a few. I would guess I got around 65-70 Canucks games. Not to mention, I was able to watch just about any other game when I felt like it. If you use it, its definitely worth the 20 or so dollars per month. If you aren't gonna use it often, don't bother. All the streams of the games were good too btw, and apparently there are ways to get it on Xbox or Apple TV so you can watch on TV instead of laptop (though I haven't figured those out yet).

That is what unblock US is for my friend. The money you save compared to cable is still vast, and with UnblockUS + Gamecenter, you get more access to more hockey than basic cable could ever hope to provide you.

I'm in Ontario, and I only really care about watching Canucks games, so unless they're playing over near me against the Sens, Leafs or even sometimes the Habs, I'm good! Also on HNIC I had an issue, but that won't be a problem anymore :sadno: .

Personally, I think it's great if you're out of the market of your favourite team! Reasonable price too, and rarely any issues streaming with always good quality.

Edit: And like everyone else is saying, getting DNS altering apps and whatnot have worked fine for me too.

Archived