The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Poll] Which Group of prospects is better ?

AriGold

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Why don't you post a poll comparing the Canucks prospects with other teams prospects? This seems irrelevant. I mean, if you want to debate this with your buddies fine. But why make it a topic on CDC?

I posted this in White Noise, wasn't that enough for you ? I was curious to see the results from 2 teams prospects in the fantasy section..

How is group one getting votes? Seth Griffith is having a great rookie season in the AHL.

Stephen Johns is Chicago's 2nd best defence prospect. He's a physical beast who had a great NCAA season.

Victor Rask is a skilled player who's doing pretty good in the AHL.

Andreoff is future bottom 6 player and Thrower is going to be a bottom-pairing defenceman at best. Oloffsson is alright.

Rask>Andreoff

Johns>>Thrower

Griffith>>Oloffsson

How is group one getting votes? Seth Griffith is having a great rookie season in the AHL.

Stephen Johns is Chicago's 2nd best defence prospect. He's a physical beast who had a great NCAA season.

Victor Rask is a skilled player who's doing pretty good in the AHL.

Andreoff is future bottom 6 player and Thrower is going to be a bottom-pairing defenceman at best. Oloffsson is alright.

Rask>Andreoff

Johns>>Thrower

Griffith>>Oloffsson

Agreed.

Thrower & Andreoff are being very overrated by some here IMO.

Its a pretty easy choice to take group 2 for me.

In terms of which group would make the NHL quicker is group 2.

LA is stacked thus Andreoff would have to wait another few years before he gets a look. Particularily since Clifford, Nolan and King all play a heavy game, leaves very little space for more bottom six forwards. Toffoli, Pearson and re-signing of Gaborik makes it really hard for any players to make the jump for a while

Williams-Kopitar-Gaborik

Pearson-Carter-Toffoli

King-Stoll-Brown

Clifford-Richards-Lewis

Montreal's D is stacked for a long time. With PK Subban, Emelin, locked for long term, rising prospects in Tinordi, Beaulieu, Pateryn, Nygren, Dietz...Thrower is in the thick of things. With that depth and considering Montreal is looking to make a strong push for the next few years, Thrower will be given time to groom in Hamilton. HIs immediacy effect is not high for another 2-3 years down the road.

Minny same situation for Olof. Minnesota have quite a number of dman in the system and on roster that won't be going anywhere anytime soon. Olof still has a lot of raw talent and will need to be finely groomed before he is ready.

group 2 has more immediate effect.

Boston will more likely incorporate more entry level contracts and younger players with them being so tight on cap space. With the loss of Jarome Iginla, and Shawn Thronton, the only natural right winger left on roster is Reilly Smith. Seth would be the next man in line for RW duty and Boston would welcome some youth and skill up front. Boston you can bet will give Seth a long look during training camp after showing he is more than capable of being a producer both in the junior and AHL level. His NHL debut will be sooner rather than later with that situation in mind for Boston

Stephen Johns in Chi-town a big man is finally stepping into the pro-ranks this upcoming year for a full season as he had a small taste last season. With Chicago most likely having to sell off Leddy, oduya, rossival...Chicago is going to really lean a lot on their shrewd drafting skills. With Toews and Kanes taking a huge bite out of their combined cap....guys like Clendenning, Johns and Rundblad will get lots of chances. Johns played 8 games for Rockford before summer began and scored 5 points, and also had a great rookie camp. On some of the Blackhawks sites, consider him the best all-around dman they have developed since Nicklas Hjarlmarsson graduated to the big club. Stephen can easily step into the NHL very soon.

Victor Rask is wild card.

In terms of potential i think group 1 is better, but in terms of which group will make the NHL quicker and probably have a more immediate effect would be group 2 IMO

To me, the answer to the question depends on what the needs of my team are. If my squad is in greater need of solid defense and toughness, I go with Group 1.

If the team is looking for more offense (taking into consideration they are all right-handers), I go with Group 2.

Both groups have decent prospects so I would rather cheat and cherry pick from both if the option were available (Thrower, Griffith, Johns).

In terms of which group would make the NHL quicker is group 2.

LA is stacked thus Andreoff would have to wait another few years before he gets a look. Particularily since Clifford, Nolan and King all play a heavy game, leaves very little space for more bottom six forwards. Toffoli, Pearson and re-signing of Gaborik makes it really hard for any players to make the jump for a while

Williams-Kopitar-Gaborik

Pearson-Carter-Toffoli

King-Stoll-Brown

Clifford-Richards-Lewis

Montreal's D is stacked for a long time. With PK Subban, Emelin, locked for long term, rising prospects in Tinordi, Beaulieu, Pateryn, Nygren, Dietz...Thrower is in the thick of things. With that depth and considering Montreal is looking to make a strong push for the next few years, Thrower will be given time to groom in Hamilton. HIs immediacy effect is not high for another 2-3 years down the road.

Minny same situation for Olof. Minnesota have quite a number of dman in the system and on roster that won't be going anywhere anytime soon. Olof still has a lot of raw talent and will need to be finely groomed before he is ready.

group 2 has more immediate effect.

Boston will more likely incorporate more entry level contracts and younger players with them being so tight on cap space. With the loss of Jarome Iginla, and Shawn Thronton, the only natural right winger left on roster is Reilly Smith. Seth would be the next man in line for RW duty and Boston would welcome some youth and skill up front. Boston you can bet will give Seth a long look during training camp after showing he is more than capable of being a producer both in the junior and AHL level. His NHL debut will be sooner rather than later with that situation in mind for Boston

Stephen Johns in Chi-town a big man is finally stepping into the pro-ranks this upcoming year for a full season as he had a small taste last season. With Chicago most likely having to sell off Leddy, oduya, rossival...Chicago is going to really lean a lot on their shrewd drafting skills. With Toews and Kanes taking a huge bite out of their combined cap....guys like Clendenning, Johns and Rundblad will get lots of chances. Johns played 8 games for Rockford before summer began and scored 5 points, and also had a great rookie camp. On some of the Blackhawks sites, consider him the best all-around dman they have developed since Nicklas Hjarlmarsson graduated to the big club. Stephen can easily step into the NHL very soon.

Victor Rask is wild card.

In terms of potential i think group 1 is better, but in terms of which group will make the NHL quicker and probably have a more immediate effect would be group 2 IMO

Pretty legit answer... Have you ever considered running a fantasy team on CDC ?

Archived