The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Expired precooked meat

Drewismyname

So i ate some precooked chicken burgers today, the same day i bought them. Curious about what i ate i turned the package around to check the ingredients.

It was seven days after the expiry.

This is a big big big corporation. Wonder if i can snag some gift cards or something? I called customer service and left a msg. Should i threaten to email the local paper? Haha.

So i ate some precooked chicken burgers today, the same day i bought them. Curious about what i ate i turned the package around to check the ingredients.

It was seven days after the expiry.

This is a big big big corporation. Wonder if i can snag some gift cards or something? I called customer service and left a msg. Should i threaten to email the local paper? Haha.

Let me guess Wal-Mart? You probably could get your money back don't know about gift cards...

Shouldn't have been your responsibility to double check the expiry date before eating them?

Haha yea should have checked but i thought it was illegal to sell meat after the expiry date

Not sure about illegal. But when you have some minimum wage flunky stocking shelves/freezers its to be expected.

Take them back and get your money back. Might even be an idea to go and look to see if there are more that are expired and point it out. If there is, you can always raise a stink in the isle and demand to talk to a manager, might get some free stuff that way, LOL!

You might get something, I bought some pop last year which was way way way past expiry. I sent an email to the head office who contacted the store and then the manager called me. They told me to bring it back and they refunded me the money and to make it worth my while to bring it back (so they could send it back to the supplier) they gave me a $10 gift card. They also pulled all the product off the shelves.

Don't go expecting things, just let them know they're selling out of date products (I'm sure they can be fined $5,000 per item if coastal health gets involved - can't remember the specifics from when I looked in to it).

I've seen expired stuff on the shelves before, doesn't look to me that some people care about rotating their stock. Kinda gross. I've been in Save On on Cambie and found out of date fresh products, I just take them to customer service and tell them. (Pop was from another store).

Haha yea should have checked but i thought it was illegal to sell meat after the expiry date

I don't think it is illegal to sell meat after the expiry date. A few days after the expiry date won't kill you if the meat is properly stored in the fridge.

Archived