The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Yahoo Hockey League - Season 9

kj29

43 minutes ago, kj29 said:

Hey guys, sorry about that.

That's weird, since I've never changed the playoffs setting and have continued to renew the league without ever touching it, yet it always worked fine year after year.

So I wonder why this year it didn't carry over... oh well, it looks like the top 4 teams will battle it out for the championship the next 2 weeks!

As of right now, @Scottish⑦Canuck @Art Vandelay @22Sedinery33 and @Jaku occupy the top 4 spots in the standings, with @Master Mind not far behind them.

Another disappointing finish to the season for my team after a considerably hot start. Not happy with E. Karlsson, Skinner and J. Hughes' performances this year...

We will look forward to next season though! Still a very competitive race to the finish line. Remember to plan out your keepers ahead of time ;)

Don't we always have the top 6 make the playoffs, with top 2 getting a bye? There's 4 weeks left, so if we want to have a 2-week final, gotta have 3 vs 6 and 4 vs 5 now.

30 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Don't we always have the top 6 make the playoffs, with top 2 getting a bye? There's 4 weeks left, so if we want to have a 2-week final, gotta have 3 vs 6 and 4 vs 5 now.

I thought the same way that you did, until I realized that somehow the playoffs setting on Yahoo was turned off.

Unfortunately, the only option at this point is to have a 4-team playoff race. There are actually only 2 weeks left, since Yahoo combines the last 2 weeks into one.

The week has already started, so I can't make the playoffs start until next week :sadno: I wish we could keep the same playoff format, but I think Yahoo screwed this up.

It looks like it's gonna be between you and Jaku competing for the last playoff spot. May the better team win!

• Huggy Bear 2

I assumed the schedule was the same as last year, so I thought I was going to have a bye this week, so I didn’t set my lineup tonight. That may affect the final 4 playoff teams... since I’m facing @Master Mind. Also my own seeding.

I’m only missing one start, it’s Wheeler. Would be nice If I could get his points tonight if he gets any @kj29

2 minutes ago, kj29 said:

I thought the same way that you did, until I realized that somehow the playoffs setting on Yahoo was turned off.

Unfortunately, the only option at this point is to have a 4-team playoff race. There are actually only 2 weeks left, since Yahoo combines the last 2 weeks into one.

The week has already started, so I can't make the playoffs start until next week :sadno: I wish we could keep the same playoff format, but I think Yahoo screwed this up.

It looks like it's gonna be between you and Jaku competing for the last playoff spot. May the better team win!

Damn that's lame. Why don't we just do manual playoffs then?

Because then we could just compare the scores of 3 vs 6 and 4 vs 5 (even though they show different opponents). Then do the same the rest of the way.

Would really suck to miss playoffs due to Yahoo's limitations.

13 minutes ago, kj29 said:

Actually, I think this could work because I just learned that I am able to readjust the playoff seeds for next week.

This would require extra work, but assuming that we total the individual matchup scores of 3v6 and 4v5 on Sunday night, I should be able to override the current playoffs seeds and tweak them accordingly to set up a 4-team playoff race starting on Week 23. I'm willing to give this a try if the teams involved are on board.

If we agree to this, it means that the playoff matchups we will focus on this week are:

3. @22Sedinery33 vs. 6. @Bombastik der Teutone

4. @Jaku vs. 5. @Master Mind

@Scottish⑦Canuck and @Art Vandelay with byes.

You're a beauty KJ, this would be great.

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Updated scores as of Mar 11:

3. @22Sedinery33 vs 6. @Bombastik der Teutone

G: 3 -- 2

A: 5 -- 6

+/-: -5 -- +3

PIM: 16 -- 0

PPP: 5 -- 2

SOG: 29 -- 23

W: 0 -- NA

GAA: 4.14 -- NA

SV%: .889 -- NA

SHO: 0 -- NA

8-2 Sedinery

4. @Jaku vs 5. @Master Mind

G: 3 -- 3

A: 3 -- 8

+/-: -2 -- +10

PIM: 4 -- 6

PPP: 2 -- 3

SOG: 22 -- 28

W: 1 -- 1

GAA: 2.48 -- 2.38

SV%: .912 -- .932

SHO: 0 -- 0

7-0 MM

• Huggy Bear 2

• 2 months later...

What a weird way to end the fantasy hockey season... but nevertheless, after years of chasing championship glory...

CDCYHL Season 6 Champion

Scottish (7) Canuck

Congratulations to @Scottish⑦Canuck on a well-deserved CDCYHL Cup!

In arguably our most interesting and active season yet which featured 2 trades, Scottish Canuck finally emerged victorious.

It was truly a display of greatness from the Scotland native, who successfully avenged his lowly 7th place finish last season.

He sported an impressive .738 win percentage, just edging out CDCYHL Season 4 Champion Art Vandelay, 31 points to 30.

It was certainly a forgettable season for last season's top-3 finishers, Master Mind, 73 Percent and Bombastik der Teutone.

On a brighter note, newcomers 22Sedinery33 and Jaku led their teams to respectable 3rd and 4th place finishes. Congrats!!

As always, feel free to post your keepers in this thread anytime during the off-season before next year's draft.

It is the standard 8 keepers as per usual, with Scottish Canuck having an extra keeper for winning Season 6.

The OP has been updated with this year's final standings — all GMs are definitely welcome back next year!

@Scottish⑦Canuck @Art Vandelay @22Sedinery33 @Jaku @Master Mind @Bombastik der Teutone @Mikeyboy440 @BlueDragon23 @73 Percent

Hopefully everybody enjoyed another eventful season of CDCYHL! :):lol:B)

Thanks to everyone for participating and it sucks that our season was cut short...

But let's hope we can continue our increased level of activity when hockey is back.

Can't wait for next season already (whenever that may be :rolleyes:). See you guys soon!

:towel:

Edited by kj29
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 2

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...