The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Yahoo Hockey League - Season 9

kj29

11 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Looks like it's: Best regular season record vs opponent wins

But we each won and lost a game against each other, so I wonder what 2nd tie breaker would be.

Aight big boy. Side bet. 

Winner chooses the losers team name next season?

• Haha 1

Wow, two extremely close playoff series indeed! Definitely went down to the wire, with MM and AV/Sane prevailing after a week of tight competition.

I believe the official playoff tiebreaker is best regular season record vs opponent wins, and then the higher overall playoff seed wins (MM is correct).

So sadly, Bomba lost out due to the playoff tiebreaker but kudos for a valiant effort! On to the second week of playoffs — good luck to all teams! :)

• Cheers 2

Figured I had GAA and SV% with 1.67 and .944, but @73 Percent just had to get 2 shutouts.

Final day, Point + Coleman vs Killorn + Sergachev.

Things aren't looking good for me, unless one of my players gets a 10 min misconduct, since you hold the tiebreaker if I get PPP.

• Huggy Bear 1

49 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Figured I had GAA and SV% with 1.67 and .944, but @73 Percent just had to get 2 shutouts.

Final day, Point + Coleman vs Killorn + Sergachev.

Things aren't looking good for me, unless one of my players gets a 10 min misconduct, since you hold the tiebreaker if I get PPP.

It's been a wild week to say the least.

• Huggy Bear 1

6 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

It's been a wild week to say the least.

After many years, you finally got your redemption. I hope you send Varlamov a nice gift basket after his performances.

Well played, just don't choke in the finals. I'll await my new team name.

• Huggy Bear 1

17 hours ago, Master Mind said:

After many years, you finally got your redemption. I hope you send Varlamov a nice gift basket after his performances.

Well played, just don't choke in the finals. I'll await my new team name.

Mcdavid had 10 pts in 4 games last week lol. How did you not win?

You truly are the Oilers of fantasy hockey.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Mcdavid had 10 pts in 4 games last week lol. How did you not win?

You truly are the Oilers of fantasy hockey.

My team was basically McDavid, Draisaitl, and the goalies. Sadly the rest of the core was invisible.

The Oilers wish they could make the playoffs with the same consistency as me.

• RoughGame 1

I could sit here and type out a long not so humble championship speech if I wanted to. 

Well I want to so buckle up.

There are only two types of people in this world, winners (me), and losers (yous). Luckily for all of you, we can't have a winner without a bunch of losers. That's where you guys come in. As good as the king of pop was, he still needed backup dancers. And look, if you're feeling bad, please don't. After finishing the season with the highest winning% in league history, you never had a chance. This isnt a normal team, and I'm not a normal manager. We are the globe trotters of fantasy hockey. Its all a show and this team is the star. All those preceding losing seasons were all for storytelling jazz. The cream has now risen to the top, and THE TRUE KING OF CDC YAHOO HOCKEY LEAGUE HAS OFFICIALLY ARRIVED!

Thanks to all, you're the best backup dancers in the world. Even you MM.

• Cheers 2

CDCYHL Season 7 Champion

73 Percent

Congratulations to @73 Percent on a well-deserved CDCYHL Cup!

After recording the most dominant season by any team in CDCYHL history, 73 Percent exceeded expectations and emerged victorious.

It was truly a display of greatness from the league's top team, who successfully avenged their dead last place finish the previous season.

He sported an unprecedented .808 win percentage, blowing out the competition all season long, which featured a 10-week point streak.

A shoutout to Jaku, who battled hard for a respectable 3rd place finish, and Scottish Canuck, who just came up short in the playoffs.

The newest duo of AV and Sane surprised the entire league by clinching the final playoff seed and finishing in 2nd place. Congrats!!

As always, feel free to post your keepers in this thread anytime during the off-season before next year's draft.

It is the standard 8 keepers as per usual, with 73 Percent having an extra keeper for winning Season 7.

@Master Mind @Art Vandelay @Scottish⑦Canuck @73 Percent @Bombastik der Teutone @Mikeyboy440 @Jaku @22Sedinery33 @Alain Vigneault @Sane33

Hopefully everybody enjoyed another eventful season of CDCYHL! :):lol:B)

Can't wait for next season already. Take care and see you guys very soon!

:towel:

• Cheers 3

8 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Congrats to Goose for finally putting together a team that didn't choke.

Try not to wait another 7 years before being competitive again ;)

Be nice Mr. MM. Don't forget our wager. Your behavior from now till the draft will determine the severity of your team name haha.

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...