The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

One of my classes this semester focuses on child abuse and neglect and it's super information heavy, it's very tiring 

do they give you guys any kind of advice on how to process this kind of thing? I can imagine the weight of this gets a bit much. 

36 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

do they give you guys any kind of advice on how to process this kind of thing? I can imagine the weight of this gets a bit much. 

University offers counselling services and the like, and there's a lot of emphasis on self-care throughout the human services programs

But there's no getting around a lot of content being rather heavy as you get further into it 

• Huggy Bear 1

Does anyone else sometimes find themselves attracted to a person that most others probably don't even find all that good looking?  Because I'll confess, mine is Kim Yo-Jong.  Don't have the foggiest idea as to why, but the more pictures I see of her, the more i find myself strangely attracted to her. 

Edited by skolozsy2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2020 at 10:31 PM, Cramarossa said:

I've heard people say before that antidepressants made them feel numb: no highs, no lows, nothing.

That sounds like a blessing.

Heard different opinions - 1. really helped, allowed things to be more manageable during a period where things were not and 2. didn't feel high or low, lost interest in everything, nothing was enjoyable but coming off them resulted in dangerous behaviour so went back on.

On 10/2/2020 at 6:27 AM, skolozsy2 said:

Does anyone else sometimes find themselves attracted to a person that most others probably don't even find all that good looking?  Because I'll confess, mine is Kim Yo-Jong.  Don't have the foggiest idea as to why, but the more pictures I see of her, the more i find myself strangely attracted to her. 

I confess, I'm also strangely attracted to women who look like they've killed people... and plan on killing again.

20201012_215330.jpg

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Ya, I had a thing for Susan Boyle for a couple years, I get it.

On 10/2/2020 at 10:31 PM, Cramarossa said:

I've heard people say before that antidepressants made them feel numb: no highs, no lows, nothing.

That sounds like a blessing.

I didn't prefer that feeling, it was too 'robotic' 

I switched to weed and haven't look back. Keep in mind i'm a full-time student, paid on-call firefighter, and a hockey coach. There are different strains and I have found my jam with microdosing and being able to operate like a normal human being for the 1st time in 10 years. It mostly came down to me wanting to feel better overall and improve my sleeps and it did just that. As soon as I was well rested and eating a bit better, things began to improve.

Just my .02 (Been awhile since i've posted in WN!)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I confess ~

I was drinking champagne, watching a NKOTB concert from 2017 on my TV through my Roku, and was on my computer, and all of the sudden, the TV freezes during ‘Step By Step’ with that Jordan guy singing. My goodness, my Internet is out.  But the cell connection is working.  It is a little windy out.  I am such a pro at drinking the champagne. I’m almost done with drinking the bottle.  

On 10/12/2020 at 9:55 PM, luckylager said:

I confess, I'm also strangely attracted to women who look like they've killed people... and plan on killing again.

20201012_215330.jpg

I've always gotten a kind of "Cardinal Richelieu" vibe off of her, or perhaps an early "Honey" from Doonesbury back in the day.

honey-7188406f3d780bd7a2358c1c148605202c

regards,  G.

• Upvote 1
14 hours ago, Gollumpus said:

I've always gotten a kind of "Cardinal Richelieu" vibe off of her, or perhaps an early "Honey" from Doonesbury back in the day.

honey-7188406f3d780bd7a2358c1c148605202c

regards,  G.

That's not a confession.

I'll do one for you - "I'm such a terrible sinner, I wouldn't know where to start.

Regards,

G"

Edited by luckylager
  • 3 weeks later...

I still haven't been to a barber in a year. I'm still too paranoid.

I have anxiety and hair touching my neck aggravates me a lot.

I use scissors to cut most of the hair then I use the trimmer on my shaver to trim it down. I sculpt it every few days with my shaver for several weeks before it looks like a normal haircut. At first it looks like I got a haircut from Edward Scissorhands' alcoholic nephew Jonny-Jack Scissorfeet Jr. the third. I'm guessing that the back of my head still looks like a 3d map of hilly terrain.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, RWMc1 said:

I still haven't been to a barber in a year. I'm still too paranoid.

I have anxiety and hair touching my neck aggravates me a lot.

I use scissors to cut most of the hair then I use the trimmer on my shaver to trim it down. I sculpt it every few days with my shaver for several weeks before it looks like a normal haircut. At first it looks like I got a haircut from Edward Scissorhands' alcoholic nephew Jonny-Jack Scissorfeet Jr. the third. I'm guessing that the back of my head still looks like a 3d map of hilly terrain.

You just killed me with this...omg hilarious.

Also...I feel your pain.

I, too, HATE when my hair gets too long and unruly.  I end up putting it in a ponytail most of the time.  I need it thinned out and layered or it gets too heavy.....every single hairdresser I've ever had has said "OMG you have so much hair".  (My Dad didn't lose any of his hair during ultra strong chemo treatments....he actually grew more.  It's a thing in our family).

So I finally broke down a few months ago....thought "I'll go to that old high school friend's shop up the road" (my regular, long time hairdresser is in Galiano right now...I'm trying to bribe her to come back.  I may actually swim there...I'm that desperate for a good cut).   

Anyhow...It's a smaller shop and I was pleased that they had a great set up with barriers, etc.  Felt confident enough in it all.

Except....I forgot she's good friends with my brother's EVIL crazy ex.   Right...I remembered when I was in the chair...too late.  I recalled that last last time she did my hair she asked if I'd seen her lately.  

I got a weird feeling from the start as she really wasn't listening to what I was asking for.  I was pretty specific...need the "weight" taken off.  Lots of layers, thinned out shorter on top for lift.  She did none of it.  I told her I wanted a good 6 inches cut off.  She insisted I keep it long.  I had to negotiate with the hairdresser.   But...she had the scissors in her hand and yes...she was Heather's friend.  Dangerous waters. 

And proceeded with her idea, which was totally different than mine.   Women's haircuts aren't cheap either (it was $80 + tax + tip...which I did leave 15%).  Came home and immediately took the scissors to it.  

I may come to you for my next haircut...I think it would be better.

Not really a confession but there was no COVID hair thread.

• Cheers 1

And, I confess (true story)....right now I am attempting to streak my own hair.  Which, if you're a woman, you know how tough that is at the best of times...the process of pulling the hair through the cap with a crochet hook is bad enough when someone else does it.  Doing it alone using two mirrors to see the back of your own head is sort of like hair do by brail.image.png

(Looks like this. ....Silence of the Scalp hairdressing.  Except I will be performing this on myself....wish me luck)

• Upvote 1