The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

18 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

And, I confess (true story)....right now I am attempting to streak my own hair.  Which, if you're a woman, you know how tough that is at the best of times...the process of pulling the hair through the cap with a crochet hook is bad enough when someone else does it.  Doing it alone using two mirrors to see the back of your own head is sort of like hair do by brail.

Wish me luck.

Whatever

Post before and after pics! We will rate you on a scale of "good job" to "do you do weddings?"

• Haha 1

Early 90's. I had to drive my friend to meet up with his girlfriend to pick up her Suzuki sidekick so he could drive it from work for her because she couldn't drive stick. 

So I'm driving a 1976 Oldmobile Omega, on old all season tires in the snow. Nothing happened but I think I shaved off 5 years of my life getting home. When I got to Boundary and Kingsway. I was yelling at the lights. PLEASE DON'T TURN RED I DON'T WANT TO ROLL DOWNHILL IF I STOP! And yes it was a pretty damn stale yellow I burned through. I probably couldn't stop in time anyways. :P

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Huggy Bear 1
51 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

And, I confess (true story)....right now I am attempting to streak my own hair.  Which, if you're a woman, you know how tough that is at the best of times...the process of pulling the hair through the cap with a crochet hook is bad enough when someone else does it.  Doing it alone using two mirrors to see the back of your own head is sort of like hair do by brail.

Wish me luck.

Whatever

Let us know how it turns out.  

@RWMc1 and @debluvscanucks, I have not gotten a professional haircut since January 2020.  I've cut my bangs a few times, but that's all. It's exciting, I never know what to expect when I cut my bangs.  Currently, my hair is pulled back with a hair tie and a headband.  It's the new look these days. 

Edited by brilac
I meant to say January 2020. I forgot it's 2021.
  • Upvote 1

so recently i was diagnosed with type 2 bipolar disorder (the difference with type 1 is type 2 has a weakened mania, but stronger depression episodes). it was a lot to take in but i always had a feeling because my "mania" episodes would sometimes lead to psychotic outbursts, followed by not remembering what i was freaking out about and completely shutting myself down from everything and everyone. at first it was thought i had borderline schizophrenia, and brushed off as an anxiety or panic attack (due to PTSD), and whatever "highs" or weaker mania episodes i had are short lived and when i'm depressed, it hits hard. my mom and sister both have it (type 1) and it sucks. luckily it's not bad enough that i need lithium treatments (my mom and sister had to be on lithium) but i am on weaker antipsychotic to manage my mania and depression, ON TOP of things i already have so my brain is literally a circus

Edited by Twilight Sparkle
  • Huggy Bear 3
On 1/10/2021 at 3:37 PM, RWMc1 said:

I still haven't been to a barber in a year. I'm still too paranoid.

I have anxiety and hair touching my neck aggravates me a lot.

I use scissors to cut most of the hair then I use the trimmer on my shaver to trim it down. I sculpt it every few days with my shaver for several weeks before it looks like a normal haircut. At first it looks like I got a haircut from Edward Scissorhands' alcoholic nephew Jonny-Jack Scissorfeet Jr. the third. I'm guessing that the back of my head still looks like a 3d map of hilly terrain.

On 1/10/2021 at 6:27 PM, debluvscanucks said:

You just killed me with this...omg hilarious.

Also...I feel your pain.

I, too, HATE when my hair gets too long and unruly.  I end up putting it in a ponytail most of the time.  I need it thinned out and layered or it gets too heavy.....every single hairdresser I've ever had has said "OMG you have so much hair".  (My Dad didn't lose any of his hair during ultra strong chemo treatments....he actually grew more.  It's a thing in our family).

So I finally broke down a few months ago....thought "I'll go to that old high school friend's shop up the road" (my regular, long time hairdresser is in Galiano right now...I'm trying to bribe her to come back.  I may actually swim there...I'm that desperate for a good cut).   

Anyhow...It's a smaller shop and I was pleased that they had a great set up with barriers, etc.  Felt confident enough in it all.

Except....I forgot she's good friends with my brother's EVIL crazy ex.   Right...I remembered when I was in the chair...too late.  I recalled that last last time she did my hair she asked if I'd seen her lately.  

I got a weird feeling from the start as she really wasn't listening to what I was asking for.  I was pretty specific...need the "weight" taken off.  Lots of layers, thinned out shorter on top for lift.  She did none of it.  I told her I wanted a good 6 inches cut off.  She insisted I keep it long.  I had to negotiate with the hairdresser.   But...she had the scissors in her hand and yes...she was Heather's friend.  Dangerous waters. 

And proceeded with her idea, which was totally different than mine.   Women's haircuts aren't cheap either (it was $80 + tax + tip...which I did leave 15%).  Came home and immediately took the scissors to it.  

I may come to you for my next haircut...I think it would be better.

Not really a confession but there was no COVID hair thread.

Rob Fai, from Team 1040 is learning how to cut hair. I do not know if he is any good, but at least he can talk about sports and such.

7 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

so recently i was diagnosed with type 2 bipolar disorder (the difference with type 1 is type 2 has a weakened mania, but stronger depression episodes). it was a lot to take in but i always had a feeling because my "mania" episodes would sometimes lead to psychotic outbursts, followed by not remembering what i was freaking out about and completely shutting myself down from everything and everyone. at first it was thought i had borderline schizophrenia, and brushed off as an anxiety or panic attack (due to PTSD), and whatever "highs" or weaker mania episodes i had are short lived and when i'm depressed, it hits hard. my mom and sister both have it (type 1) and it sucks. luckily it's not bad enough that i need lithium treatments (my mom and sister had to be on lithium) but i am on weaker antipsychotic to manage my mania and depression, ON TOP of things i already have so my brain is literally a circus

Must be a bit of a relief, to have an actual diagnosis; that can be properly treated.

Good luck and health to you Mr. Sparkle. :)

• Huggy Bear 1
7 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

i'm pretty sure i'm bipolar I lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

One of my mother's friends asked my mother why I was not married. It sort of offended me. Others ask her that too. Am I supposed to be married or have a significant other? I'm very independent, and being married is not for me and even going on a date is a huge choice for me.

On 1/19/2021 at 12:53 AM, Twilight Sparkle said:

this isn't funny but when i read this, i thought you said you had a weekend mania. i was trying to figure out what that was. i hope they help you through this with meds. good luck lad.

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
11 hours ago, brilac said:

One of my mother's friends asked my mother why I was not married. It sort of offended me. Others ask her that too. Am I supposed to be married or have a significant other? I'm very independent, and being married is not for me and even going on a date is a huge choice for me.

Generational differences.

Expectations change.

In your mom's youth women were to get married, have kids and tend house.

Now you are supposed to get married, have kids, tend house and have a full time job.

Aren't other people's expectations great? :(

On 3/7/2021 at 8:40 AM, smithers joe said:

i get my covid shot on the 18th. wondering how it works if a person has a weakened immune system?

I feel that it'll be ok Joe....just keep an eye out for anything beyond the usual symptoms.    I'm so glad to hear this news....may you be well and with us for a long time.

OK, my confession.

The first time I ate a babybel cheese I unwrapped it then thought "what a weird, red cheese" and bit into the waxy coating.  Even more of a "wth is this crap?" response as I tried to chew it.  "Nope, not for me....hate this crap".

Some time later one of my kids ate one...the right way.  D'oh.   I never told them about my epic cheese failure.  I'm having a babybel right now and it reminded me.

12 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I never told them about my epic cheese failure.  I'm having a babybel right now and it reminded me.

Babybels were always our secret weapon when we had to give pills to our dog, Max.

The cheese is soft enough we could push the pill right into it and he would scarf it down, no matter how rough he was feeling.  He loved those things!

• 3 weeks later...

I confess ~

There’s a towel on my kitchen floor.  I used it to clean up water, and the cat immediately took to the towel by pouncing on it and rolling around.  She’s my precious, so it’s hers.  

44A9B8AD-A327-4125-A491-AD811E600E72.thumb.jpeg.ee48e39c547eda8ae3f3dbf33c5b74ab.jpeg

Edited by brilac
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1