The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

I confess ~

When I was 7 or 8, I was obsessed with Joey McIntyre of NKOTB.  My friend and I would spend hours of watching NKOTB on VHS.  When NKOTB toured, I never went to their concerts, but other kids in the neighborhood got to go.  It was not until 2019 when I attended my first NKOTB concert.  I sat close to the stage, in row 7 or 8. But before the show, I was in the VIP area, and there was Joey McIntyre riding around in a banana bicycle in the back of the room, and no one noticed, but I noticed, and I kept starring, watching him ride around.  It was my moment and when no one other noticed. Not saying a word, but watching.  Joe McIntyre is no longer my favorite, but gosh, that Jordan is one handsome fella! 

Many years ago we moved into a new house. In the bathroom was a shiny new bidet, which I was only very vaguely familiar with and had never used. After taking care of business I slid over to take it for my first test drive. I reached around behind me and turned on the hot and cold water then opened the third faucet to adjust the pressure. Once I felt clean I reached behind again to turn the jet off. Unfortunately I picked the wrong faucet and turned the cold water off. The jet of HOT water suddenly shooting up my behind sent me screaming and flying off the bidet! There I was laying on the floor with my feet tangled up in my pants with a fountain of hot water spraying everywhere!

As God is my witness it never dawned on me to face the other way...

I confess ~

It's been my second confession today.  I spent close to $50 on face wash from the Blue Lagoon in Iceland.  I strive to be frugal and take pride in saving and spending less, but this time I was not being frugal.  I love the Blue Lagoon, and when I bought the face wash, I was thinking about how much I love the Blue Lagoon and Iceland. 

I confess ~

I was on my essential walk today and walked past a free box with a bunch of chocolate in it! I was very tempted to take some of it.  I mean, it was Russell Stover Easter chocolate and Hershey's.  But, I decided to pass.  It was hard, but I have a bunch of chocolate on the counter right now.

• 1 month later...

I confess ~

It's been over a year since I've worn jeans, and today I decided to try on jeans.  They all fit, and some are a little big in the waist and most fit the same in the legs.  I was excited to try on jeans and was like oooh, hmmm, oh. It was nice, and I discovered I have dresses, accessories, and jeans in my closet that I didn't realize I had, like - oh, that's a nice dress. 

• Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

I'm watching a movie based on a true story about an airplane incident.  It's amazing how it can bring back memories about when an incident when I was a child moving to Hawaii with my family.  The day of the flight I remember being at the airport with my family and looking at other passengers and this odd feeling.  Before we boarded the flight, I started to cry.  Half way to Hawaii, the flight attendant was staring at something as well as passengers on the left side to the airplane.  My mother asked the flight attendant what she is looking at, and the flight attendant says the ocean.  My mother tells her she was lying and the flight attendant calls up to the the flight deck. Everyone on the left side was watching the wing.  Something on the wing or the wing was shaking back and fourth.  We got to Hawaii and made an emergency landing. Fire trucks were lined up along the runway, and as we were landing, I looked around, and the flight attendants were hanging on for their lives with their eyes closed with their heads down as well as passengers. When we landed, the plane stopped and everything was okay. That moment - looking around and seeing everyone in that state as we were landing. 

• Huggy Bear 1

I confess ~

One particular time years ago, I was drinking wine and eating dessert at a place near Robson St in Vancouver. When I was done, I went shopping. When it was time to go home.  Going home was taking the bus to Seattle.  When we got to the border, I got out with my belonging and all my shopping bags. The customs agent looked at me like I was lying, but did not say anything.  I thought - what's his problem?!  The next day I checked my bank balance.  I declared $300 and something and found I spent $700-$800.  I declared what I bought at the Canucks store and forgot about those other purchases. That's why he gave me that look.  I was drinking and forgot, and I was probably a bit tipsy at the border, so it would have made no sense to ask me questions and/or fix my declaration form, and I was under $800. 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Bless me father for I have sinned 

It had been a lifetime since my last confession and my sins are 

Slight language warning.

Nothing to worry about here in Aus but if it offends the Canadian god that's another sin I confess to.

Edited by Ilunga
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, brilac said:

I confess ~

It's around 75F in my apartment and I have the heater on.  I like heat.  

Your landlord must love you. Assuming of course that heat is included in your rent.

Be honest have you ever turned on the stove and opened the door just to heat your apartment?

5 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Your landlord must love you. Assuming of course that heat is included in your rent.

Be honest have you ever turned on the stove and opened the door just to heat your apartment?

No, Seattle City Light must really love me, and I pay my bill on time.  When I was in college, my roommate and I used to turn on the oven to broil and pop open the over door.  It worked quite well! 

• Cheers 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I confess ~

I eat too much.  Today I started my day with dessert and coffee for breakfast.  Then after getting my haircut, I picked up champagne from the grocery store and a burrito from Chipotle.  After drinking champagne, it was time for more dessert.  I am still eating the dessert, and I ordered a burger with bacon, cheese, and avocado on it and fries on the side. It will be ready in 20 minutes. 

• Huggy Bear 1