The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

6 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I did it .

Bought a convertible Audi back in 08.

Still have it, love the car but I spent a year or so with buyers remorse because it was expensive. 

Don't over extend yourself but also, a sick BMW could also give you years of enjoyment. 

I think I'd like to invest personally. As for a car, I do plan to get a car but perhaps something on lease.

• Cheers 1
On 9/4/2021 at 12:08 PM, Salacious Crumb said:

I am an alcoholic. Today is day one of detox. Any support is very much welcomed. If anyone would like to pm me and chat that would be great too.

I hope you're doing well 3 weeks in, and I hope you have some good support around you! Booze is a cruel bitch and a fearsome enemy. It's not just 'grit' and 'will power' that's needed to defeat it, we need treatment. What that treatment is will be different for each of us, but I sincerely hope you find what you need. 5 years and 88 days sober myself, I feel you 

Edited by MattJVD
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...
1 minute ago, brilac said:

Gosh I have a massive headache.  I think it's the rain/the weather.  I have my sun thing light on.  I'm going to the hockey game tonight in Seattle and trying to get some energy in me and dissolve this headache. I 'm drinking the coffee as well. 

Lots of water and a couple liquid gel advil, though caffeine also helps. Peppermint essential oil can help, if your into that kind of thing. If it's muscular, a hot bath can do wonders. If it's migraine, put your feet in hot water and ice on your head. 

Unfortunately, if it atmospheric pressure, sometimes even the best won't do. Good luck with managing your headache, friend.

• Thanks 1

I ordered Whole Foods today and entered cheetos into their search. It came up cheese curls, so I ordered them.  The thing is - I was very lazy today.  Whole Foods is right down the street from me.  Yeah - fail. I kind of fell off the wagon yesterday and today, but I will pick back up on eating healthier and not drinking so much wine. 

Did you know that people still ask me for ID when buying wine or champagne?.  Like what's up with that?!  Especially at the grocery store last last week, when the cashier confirmed my birth year with me when buying champagne. Ummm, I'm in my late 30s. 

Edited by brilac
9 hours ago, brilac said:

I confess!

I was so proud of my Tetris score that I decided to post it ~

CA2D9E2C-486A-4151-A1B2-55183C6A0F07.thumb.jpeg.9034c44c9819db1876340b517f8eb5e8.jpeg

I love Tetris!

Totally totally yeah!

Tetris, stand up arcade game, put a quarter in and play for a half hour.

And a quarter into a Gauntlet machine could keep me busy all day, as long as a few other people joined in from time to time.

Blue Elf for the win.

• Upvote 1

I confess ~

After eating my 6 pieces of chocolate for breakfast this morning with my coffee (Russell Stover - I love you!), I knew it was time to eat something healthy, so I had a veggie tray single serve. It was quite good. You know, balance it out a bit.

It's not like I eat dessert or bite size chocolates all day long. Well, sometimes I do. 

Another confession ~ I wish it was not cloudy out so much these days.  I prefer the sunshine, and I would really like to go for a walk. I have a treadmill, but I don't really like it.