The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

10 hours ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

@ThrustyPrusty89 @riffraff @ShakyWalton @J.R. @Alflives

Confession update: 

I found a great job back in the same industry I was in before I lost my job. I even got a raise on what I was making before. I'm much happier now and in a much better place mentally with that work/financial stress behind me. Thank you very much to everyone who was involved in the original discussion and for all of your help/wisdom/support! 

:towel::towel::towel:

I was in a similar situation to you over seven years ago. 

I am now still at the same place that got me back into the game. :) 

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm going to Montreal in a few days, and the pet sitter confirmed the days she will be feeding the cat. I thanked her confirming, and advised that the cat is on a medication, and takes it during the evening in a half of pill pocket, and to please put the medication and pill pockets back and how the cat thinks they're treats and will eat them. I thought about it, and thought, maybe it is type A personality, maybe I need a glass of wine, and not be so detailed when texting the pet sitter. My cat used to be diabetic and had a constant routine that required a lot of commitment, and a pet sitter was essential if I wanted to take a day trip or overnight trip. Since she's gone into remission, no longer diabetic, having a pet sitter, making sure everything is taken care of has stuck with me.

• Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, brilac said:

I'm going to Montreal in a few days, and the pet sitter confirmed the days she will be feeding the cat. I thanked her confirming, and advised that the cat is on a medication, and takes it during the evening in a half of pill pocket, and to please put the medication and pill pockets back and how the cat thinks they're treats and will eat them. I thought about it, and thought, maybe it is type A personality, maybe I need a glass of wine, and not be so detailed when texting the pet sitter. My cat used to be diabetic and had a constant routine that required a lot of commitment, and a pet sitter was essential if I wanted to take a day trip or overnight trip. Since she's gone into remission, no longer diabetic, having a pet sitter, making sure everything is taken care of has stuck with me.

Hard to fault someone for being concerned about a furry family member.

• Upvote 1

Even though I am a big hockey fan who grew up in the mountains where it snowed every winter, and literally had an ice skating rink in my backyard (the back end of our property ended where the property for the local skating rink began)...

...I don't know how to ice skate. I have gone multiple times, but I just never got the hang of it. 

Fun fact: I grew up in the San Bernardino mountains in southern California. Back in the '90's some of the LA Kings (as well as some professional figure skaters) would come up the mountain and practice at the Ice Castle- the skating rink which was right behind my house.

• Upvote 1
On 16/09/2016 at 4:03 PM, riffraff said:

@J.R.

back in the mid 90's when I listened to nirvana I owned two cardigans.:ph34r:

one purchased in Hastings street value village for about 4$

and the other a real mohair beaut from the markets in Camden town, london, U.K.....paid a bit more for that vintage beaut.

Wore a nice cardigan today in your honor when I walked my boys over to the grocery store ::D

• Upvote 1

I should really be resting post surgery.  Today was a really hard day with work and not being myself with the post surgery, being super tired and foggy.  But I found myself through shopping at 9:35pm since the Tylenol and the heater on super warm.  I was prescribed anti pain pills, but I prefer not to take them, relying on the Tylenol. So far I have bought 2 pairs of the 7 for all Mankind Josefina jeans.  Now I am looking at Marc by Marc Jacobs.  Love is in the air! I love you Marc!