The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

55 minutes ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

I spend about 98% of my time at home naked. I just don't see/feel the need to wear clothes in my own house. It's a lot more comfortable this way. Hopefully I never have roommates again because I doubt I'd be able to break the habit. 

could you put me up for a couple of weeks when Im in San Jose...:P

• Upvote 1

My mother is quite elderly and she fell on the weekend and broke her hip....she had surgery Saturday night( not a hip replacement..the surgeon said he could fix it with a small incision..insert a pin and minimal time)... I saw her yesterday ... she was alert but wouldnt eat much.... I went to see her today and she didnt look that good and was quite medicated...needless to say Im concernened and worried..also hoping she gets out of hospital and back to familiar surroundings soon.....I am going again tomorrow and hope she looks better,,broken hips are not a good thing when you are older.

Just now, ShakyWalton said:

My mother is quite elderly and she fell on the weekend and broke her hip....she had surgery Saturday night( not a hip replacement..the surgeon said he could fix it with a small incision..insert a pin and minimal time)... I saw her yesterday ... she was alert but wouldnt eat much.... I went to see her today and she didnt look that good and was quite medicated...needless to say Im concernened and worried..also hoping she gets out of hospital and back to familiar surroundings soon.....I am going again tomorrow and hope she looks better,,broken hips are not a good thing when you are older.

Sorry to hear that, Shaky :( Must be very scary, for sure. I will keep Mama Walton in my thoughts and wish her a speedy (as much can be expected) recovery. 

• Upvote 1

I am afraid of the makeup counters at Macy's, Nordstrom, The Bay, Holt Renfrew, Sephora, and many others I cannot think off. 

I had a terrible experience at a makeup counter years ago.  My goodness, it was terrible.  A person who does makeup at one of the makeup counters wanted to put makeup on me, and I agreed to it.  After we were done, there was so much makeup on me, and she couldn't match my skin tone with any of the foundations she had.  I never knew there was so much for one thing - eyes, checks, foundation, lips.  Since then, when someone at a department store really wants to make me over, I get really afraid, and I think they see it, and especially when the person offering is wearing tons of makeup.

On September 19, 2016 at 10:03 PM, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

I spend about 98% of my time at home naked. I just don't see/feel the need to wear clothes in my own house. It's a lot more comfortable this way. Hopefully I never have roommates again because I doubt I'd be able to break the habit. 

Born free. Live free. Unless the neighbours can see in or you're frying bacon. 

• Upvote 1

i had the weirdest dream yesterday. it started from when i started feeling sick on thursday, so i called in sick for friday. woke up saturday pretty beat up, still feeling the effects, but i went in to work anyway, 9-4. left a half hour early, because i had to be back 8 hours later at midnight sunday .__. i was up all day saturday, took a nap an hour before work, went in for midnight, then sunday, i got maybe 3 hours of sleep after i got home, then had to go for midnight on monday. all the while, i'm still fighting this sickness, but monday i felt better and did the j.o.b

now, when i arrived at home on monday, i took a melatonin and caught a snorlax, playing pokemon go. i tucked myself into bed and let out a large yawn, after having 3 hours of sleep in like 3 days, so i was KOed

so, in my dream state, a friend and i were walking down a street near 49th and victoria, heading towards beatrice? something around there. my friend mentions, oh we're meeting another friend at metrotown. so he says this, and we're at 49th and victoria area-- metrotown's nowhere near this area, but we looked down the street towards DT and there's metrotown. however my friend starts ranting about the other friend, and i said **** him, i'm hungry, so we take a right. within the first few steps, we end up in an area near steveston quay area. it's night time, like dark, like everything's closed kinda late but we end up in this bed and breakfast kinda inn place and we walk in and i'm looking at a guy's burger that looked pretty ****ed up but i said, i'll have this burger and, looking at their beer menu, they had like 3 varieties, whistler pale ale, okanagan pale ale and kokanee. for some reason, my felt it was a good idea for me to order the kokanee

so i'm eating my burger and i'm looking at the server, whatever girl? at the till and she winks at me. she kinda looked like that girl who does that song where shes like, "i ask myself what am i doing here" so then my dream teleports us to fooling around, then my friend like kicks me and says, hay i see that! then i'm teleported to the airport, only it doesnt even look like vancouver airport; it's somewhere completely different. suddenly, i see my gf coming at me with a knife and i'm like, oh **** so i book it in this elevator and my dream self is like, god damn it, my buddy sold me out

i'm running frantically trying to get away from my angry gf cause i was caught cheating on her and the dream turned into like a horror movie where i'm running from a psycho killer. i run outside and i'm suddenly in new west, near my place and i'm checking my phone's facebook for the girl i had the thing with and i was sending her a message, and then i woke up, covered in sweat, scared af, but the thing is, i had my blanket shielding my face from sunlight, so when i woke up and peaked, my self-conscious self didn't know where tf i was cause it didn't look like my room, but when i blinked, everything was back to normal, and my kitty was sleeping on the dresser

this is the ****ed up part. i checked my phone for messages because this dream had me convinced that this actually happened .__.

this is the first time that i remembered a dream from start to finish in my 7 hour slumber, but in dream time, it was night time, to day time, but in real time, i went to bed at 9am x__X

Edited by Twilight Sparkle
  • Upvote 1
On ‎24‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 4:09 PM, riffraff said:

Did you have to tab search or did you listen to it repeatedly until it scarred your brain?

Ah kind of neither, it's a catchy song and it's not like she wrote it.  No tabs!!!!  You'll never learn songs by ear if you rely on tabs.  Anywho the song in question is Toxic, just slap a capo on the 2nd fret and play Am, C, E Chorus: Am, C, F, E. 

11 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Ah kind of neither, it's a catchy song and it's not like she wrote it.  No tabs!!!!  You'll never learn songs by ear if you rely on tabs.  Anywho the song in question is Toxic, just slap a capo on the 2nd fret and play Am, C, E Chorus: Am, C, F, E. 

I was just joshing ya.

trying to see if there was a closet Brit fan somewhere?  If you had tabd we would both know lolB)

cant say I've never been sucked in a by a BS song:ph34r:

i ear almost everything but I tab the odd time - mostly when I'm not sure of the tuning.

I confess - I think I have gained a little weight.  And it may be from the Thai, wine. champagne, and dessert eating.  I tried on a pair of jeans yesterday to wear that used to be baggy , and I was like - OH MY GOSH, MY THIGHS!!! The jeans were tight.  I think I may have washed and them put them in the dryer.  I don't know.  My goodness. 

And what does one do???!  Some would go on a diet, but me. I walked down to the Gap today, and bought a pair of jeans.  I first went to Old Navy.  They had jeans for $12 on sale, but the jeans looked cheap and no one was there to help me.  I couldn't find my size nor new size. Then I was hungry, I knew it was time for Thai and wine.  I just never learn.  Diets are for tomorrow, and Thai, wine, and the girl scout inspired crunch bars are for today. 

1 minute ago, riffraff said:

No.

homes has generally grinded my gears to date.:P

Funny, a certain forumite I have typically liked and enjoyed has been driving me up the wall lately. First time I've considered putting someone on "ignore"...

Confession: I love, love, LOVE watching Ghost Adventures (and to a lesser extent, other cheesy ghost shows). They are super over the top and probably fake, but I just love watching them. I'm watching one now! Been watching them all day!