The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, brilac said:

I confess - 

This whole bus thing is not working out. Seattle to Vancouver / Vancouver to Seattle. I thought this would be a great way to save money, cut back, and so on. But I'm sitting here sick/nasaus. It started with the A&W, then the smell of the bus, and then someone got on in Bellingham who reeked of cigarette smoke.  When I get home or off work today, I am going over other travel options. Last year I flew up to Vancouver and took the bus back. That may be a thought, but then again, I'm really not feeling well right now. 

nothing to do with lastnights wine and dessert?

47 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

nothing to do with lastnights wine and dessert?

Oh no, I was a bit conservative with the wine and dessert yesterday.  I had 2 glasses of wine before 7pm, and had 2 candy bars for dessert through out the day. The Hersey's with Almonds & Toffee bar.  I am in love with those bars!  I have not seen them here in Seattle, and was seriously thinking of piling up on them and bringing them back to Seattle!  But they have almonds in them, I am not sure what the policy is for bringing back loads of candy with nuts across the border, and it would be very upsetting to buy a lot and then not  be able to bring them back. I should look into that, candy of large quantities.  It may apply to nuts only and not candy, but I am not really sure.

Edited by brilac
  • Upvote 1

Oh what a relief! I got home, settled, and booked my flight up to Vancouver for the Canucks game on October 29th and the game on November 19th!  The site says it is a 737 plane, which is odd, because the Airline flies those small planes up to Vancouver, which it will be nice if it is actually a 737.  Now I have the day to decide how I want to get back to Seattle.  I could take the bus like last year.  Take lots of tums, or take the train.  I am not really fond of flying from Vancouver to Seattle, but I do like clearing customs before getting on the plane.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Shift-4 said:

That would be an assumption, not a confession.

...what? the confession is my suspecting it. my suspecting it is the assumption - as much as being suspect is an assumption. which isn't really much of an assumption. either way, "assumption" and "confession" are not mutually exclusive

either way, that was probably wrong of me. sorry!

Edited by GLASSJAW

Confession: I don't know what I want to do when I grow up, which is unfortunate given I'm 26 years old. I have a university degree in the sciences, but work a job (ironically at a university) that doesn't really use what I've learned. I'm too chicken to pursue a career in science (I was only a B level student), but wholly uninterested in pursuing a career in higher education. I've thought about quitting my current job to start from the bottom in science, but the work I do now is pretty easy and I make a pretty good wage. Pursuing science would be harder and more stressful, plus I'd make much less. But I'm also not happy strolling in to my higher ed job everyday pulling a Vrbata and phoning it in. 

I am very thankful for where I'm at, however. I know many people would kill for the life I have. 

• Upvote 2

I also started writing and feel like I've discovered Pychon's secret

The entire thing reads like a grandfather telling a story. He says something, goes into more details on some specific, and then goes into smaller details regarding that specific, throwing in odd memories of that time he did some funny $&!#, at some points laughing at jokes only he gets, and so on.

Edited by One one two

I smoked in the Commodore washroom at the I Mother Earth concert on Friday(Their fault, they wouldn't let me outside).  Edwin sucks and he looks like a chubby version of the guy from the trivago ads.  I left with 2 songs remaining because all I could smell was the hotdog vendor outside(I bought two smokies).  Probably the first concert I went to that I didn't even like any of the material but it was nice hanging with my friends even though I was a replacement<_<.

BTW I was trying to find my way to a skytrain station when I asked one of the VPD officers.  He said he was busy and didn't know where the station was.  I guess Constable Maple Dip couldn't be bothered to help a civilian.

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 11:09 AM, brilac said:

Oh no, I was a bit conservative with the wine and dessert yesterday.  I had 2 glasses of wine before 7pm, and had 2 candy bars for dessert through out the day. The Hersey's with Almonds & Toffee bar.  I am in love with those bars!  I have not seen them here in Seattle, and was seriously thinking of piling up on them and bringing them back to Seattle!  But they have almonds in them, I am not sure what the policy is for bringing back loads of candy with nuts across the border, and it would be very upsetting to buy a lot and then not  be able to bring them back. I should look into that, candy of large quantities.  It may apply to nuts only and not candy, but I am not really sure.

Oh my goodness, it just occurred to me.  I was really thinking about those Hersey's Almonds and Toffee bars, and was really thinking where I can find them in Seattle.  I googled it, and found that the Symphony bar may be it, that it is the same as the Hersey's Almonds and Toffee bar.  Oh my, I can compare.  Perhaps I can take a Symphony bar up to Vancouver and then go buy a Hershey's Almonds and Toffee bar, and have one in one hand and the other in the other hand, and take a bite of each!  Or vice versa, I can buy a few bars, and then go buy a Symphony bar!  Oh my, boy am I excited to compare candy bars!

Just now, brilac said:

Oh my goodness, it just occurred to me.  I was really thinking about those Hersey's Almonds and Toffee bars, and was really thinking where I can find them in Seattle.  I googled it, and found that the Symphony bar may be it, that it is the same as the Hersey's Almonds and Toffee bar.  Oh my, I can compare.  Perhaps I can take a Symphony bar up to Vancouver and then go buy a Hershey's Almonds and Toffee bar, and have one in one hand and the other in the other hand, and take a bite of each!  Or vice versa, I can buy a few bars, and then go buy a Symphony bar!  Oh my, boy am I excited to compare candy bars!

or.....you can just say to hell with it and go to the bar....for wine.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

or.....you can just say to hell with it and go to the bar....for wine.

Oh no no, this is very important.  Comparing chocolate bars is great.  I need to compare these differences. Such as, does the Hershey's Almond and Toffee bar have more toffee or does the Symphony bar have more of it? That gives me a great idea, I can drink wine while comparing!  Take a bite off the Symphony bar then a sip of wine.  Pick up the Hershey's Almonds and Toffee bar then a sip of wine. Oh my, I can't wait!

Edited by brilac
  • Upvote 1
On 17/10/2016 at 6:37 PM, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

Confession: I don't know what I want to do when I grow up, which is unfortunate given I'm 26 years old. I have a university degree in the sciences, but work a job (ironically at a university) that doesn't really use what I've learned. I'm too chicken to pursue a career in science (I was only a B level student), but wholly uninterested in pursuing a career in higher education. I've thought about quitting my current job to start from the bottom in science, but the work I do now is pretty easy and I make a pretty good wage. Pursuing science would be harder and more stressful, plus I'd make much less. But I'm also not happy strolling in to my higher ed job everyday pulling a Vrbata and phoning it in. 

I am very thankful for where I'm at, however. I know many people would kill for the life I have. 

tumblr_nje0wmer7k1u8o8qyo1_500.gif

I was in the exact same spot when I was that age.

Then I ripped off the band-aid, went back to school, started at the bottom and loved my life the whole time cause I was pursuing something I was passionate about.

I love my life and my work and have done pretty well (again cause the whole passion thing). And I make a way better wage than the 'good' pay at the 'good' (boring) job.

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, nzan said:

tumblr_nje0wmer7k1u8o8qyo1_500.gif

I was in the exact same spot when I was that age.

Then I ripped off the band-aid, went back to school, started at the bottom and loved my life the whole time cause I was pursuing something I was passionate about.

I love my life and my work and have done pretty well (again cause the whole passion thing). And I make a way better wage than the 'good' pay at the 'good' (boring) job.

Working at a uni, I'm dreading going back for a master's. School is hard! Lol. I might wait until my bf graduates from here with his BA so we can keep at least one of us working fulltime at any given time. 

I just need to nut up or shut up. But I'm scared!