The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Re-Signing] Clarke MacArthur with Senators for 5 years

AriGold

One of the most underrated players in the league. Quiet 1st line player who gives it his all. Bit pricy but I guess prices will naturally start going up as the years go along. Good for the Sens.

I don't think he is a 1st line winger. If he is on your top line you aren't really much of a contender.

I don't think he is a 1st line winger. If he is on your top line you aren't really much of a contender.

Fixed it for you.

For the Sens he's a 1st line player, a complimentary one at that and there's nothing wrong with that.

I don't think any team in the NHL has 3 1st line standard players for their 1st line. It's either you have 2 1st line standard players and a complimentary player/2nd liner or 2 complimentary players/2nd liners with a 1st line standard player. Just take a look at the top teams if you don't believe me:

Anaheim: Getzalf (1st liner), Perry (1st liner), Silfverberg/Maroon (complimentary/2nd liner).

Boston: Krejci (1st liner), Lucic (1st liner), Marchand (complimentary/2nd liner).

Chicago: Toews (1st liner), Hossa (1st liner), Saad (complimentary/2nd liner).

Colorado: Duchene (1st liner), Iginla (1st liner), O'Reilly (complimentary/2nd liner).

...for majority, that's how it is. Yes Mac is a 2nd liner but for the Sens, he's a 1st line fit. :)

For the Sens he's a 1st line player, a complimentary one at that and there's nothing wrong with that.

I don't think any team in the NHL has 3 1st line standard players for their 1st line. It's either you have 2 1st line standard players and a complimentary player/2nd liner or 2 complimentary players/2nd liners with a 1st line standard player. Just take a look at the top teams if you don't believe me:

Anaheim: Getzalf (1st liner), Perry (1st liner), Silfverberg/Maroon (complimentary/2nd liner).

Boston: Krejci (1st liner), Lucic (1st liner), Marchand (complimentary/2nd liner).

Colorado: Duchene (1st liner), Iginla (1st liner), O'Reilly (complimentary/2nd liner).

...for majority, that's how it is. Yes Mac is a 2nd liner but for the Sens, he's a 1st line fit. :)

So is the first line likely to be MacArthur-Turris-Ryan ? If so that is 3 questionable guys for the first line.

Most teams don't load up 3 stars on the first line. They like to spread them out.

I'm scared of contracts more than 4 years but I'd say MacArthur has earned it. Despite being a relatively good point producer (and I hear he's a good possession guy), he's had to deal with 1 or 2 year contracts ever since his ELC expired. He works very hard and showed his worth last year with Ottawa-- developing great chemistry with Turris and Ryan. I thought he was a UFA at first but he still has a year left on his last deal. Good for Clarke MacArthur.

For what it's worth (which is nothing), he's going to be just a half million more than Benoit Pouliot starting 2015-16.

So is the first line likely to be MacArthur-Turris-Ryan ? If so that is 3 questionable guys for the first line.

I think you can make a case for Ryan on the first line. Though MacArthur and Turris aren't first line types so that looks like a very good 2nd line on a very good team.

Archived