The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canes-Rangers (proposal)

i think NYR could benefit from this (although that does leave a hole in their defense), however, I think they would be better off going for a center instead of a wing.

For Carolina I don't think they should trade Skinner for someone older. They basically should go into full rebuild mode, especially if Eric Staal doesn't rebound.

I don't see why Canes would want to trade Skinner. Him and Lindholm are showing them they are the future of that team.

As for NY, don't see them doing it. Already have a very scarce prospect pool and barely any young forwards to be effective NHL forwards potential wise. Miller and a 1st would set them back a lot of years.

Terrible trade for the Canes. Yes, they need help on the backend. Yes, it looks like they just want their team comprised of only people named "Staal." However, Skinner is pretty much their best offensive player now. Semin is hot/cold, and Eric Staal is not as much a force offensively as 2006 indicated. He's still good, just not as dynamic offensively as Skinner.

Also, after Staal's eye injury, his play has gone downhill significantly. He's still a good defenseman, just not what he was or could have been had it not occured.

Again, terrible deal for the Canes.

Archived