The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Breaking Bad Still Cleaning up at Emmys

nucklehead

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2014/08/25/2014-emmy-awards-news-story/14587115/

Breaking Bad may be gone from our TV screens, it's still racking up honors. In addition to the show taking best drama, Bryan Cranston picked up his fourth lead-actor Emmy for playing teacher-turned-drug kingpin Walter White on Monday night, Aaron Paul garnered his third supporting-actor award, co-star Anna Gunn became a two-time winner, and the show was also honored with a writing award. "Thank you so much for this farewell to our show," said creator Vince Gilligan. "You have been very kind to us indeed." Gunn pointed out her TV husband Cranston and called him "the baddest and the best human being," and the first guy Paul thanked was Gilligan. "My God, Breaking Bad has changed my life and I'm standing up here because of one man," Paul said. "Thank you for believing in me and letting me play this guy. I miss him." Cranston joked that even he thought about voting for True Detective star and recent Oscar winner Matthew McConaughey. "I don't know why I've been blessed," Cranston said. "I love to act and I will do it to my last breath. "I'd like to dedicate this word to all the Sneaky Petes (his childhood nickname) of the world who thought that settling for mediocrity was a good idea because it was safe. Don't do it take a chance, find a passion, fall in love."
As I'm the only one who's never watched it I acquired the first season on DVD and started watching two days ago. And damn, now I'm hooked. Looking for the second season and however many there were. Who can help a fellow addict out here?

I literally spend my whole summer last year watch this series. It's no suprise that it continues to rack in the awards, it's an awesome show based on a true story.( Guy for alabama who was like the Walter White of the meth industry) Goggle it if you want to find out more, I believe there was a Doc about it on VICE( yes i know VICE has turned into likes of feminism BS, but the one on the real Walter White is quite interesting)

get Netflix like a normal person

by normal you mean, buy every new trend, piece of technology, fad, music, clothes, car, jewelry, tattoo, furniture, house, dog...show your individuality by being like everyone else

you missed the part where I just acquired season one

on dvd

what part of "normal" are you missing here?

i don't even own a game system

my cassette player finally died last week and I'm looking into cds

any other advice, buttfuck?

by normal you mean, buy every new trend, piece of technology, fad, music, clothes, car, jewelry, tattoo, furniture, house, dog...show your individuality by being like everyone else

on dvd

any other advice, buttfrack?

How long did you spend looking for it on VHS?

I hate to break it to you... but the 90's are over....

If you haven't figured out how to stream stuff on the internet, netflix is still cheaper then buying DVDs.

How long did you spend looking for it on VHS?

I hate to break it to you... but the 90's are over....

If you haven't figured out how to stream stuff on the internet, netflix is still cheaper then buying DVDs.

DELETED POST

on dvd

any other advice, buttfrack?

But you must own a computer, which can also access Netflix. Or do you access the internet at one of the few remaining internet cafes still around?

Emmys had me laughing hard tonight. Some great bits (Weird Al, Cranston/Dreyfous).

But for the love of Tony Soprano, how the HELL does Modern Family STILL win Best Comedy???

I know, I don't get it either. Too bad some shows don't ever see a nomination, like "The League". But out of the shows that were nominated, really strange how "Veep" didn't win. I watched it for the first time a few months ago, and it is easily the best comedy out of the ones that were nominated. That said, the whole list of nominees were pretty brutal.

Archived