The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Desjardins has already met with all his players

DeNiro

Compare Desjardin's outreach to the players to Tort's, and observe the players' demeanours (5:17):

I think this is an example of nitpicking a certain aspect with the benefit of hindsight.

Could you have definitively pointed this out prior to last season and use it as a warning for what was to come?

If so, this kind of analysis does nothing.

For all we know, Desjardins could lose the room by mid-December also. Would you be around at the end to point out 'cues' for the impending downfall?

Would you? Dalpe who's not even an NHLer and Sestito who can barely skate. Then you have the 3rd line where only one of them can play defense.

In December the Canucks beat: Carolina, Nashville, Phoenix, Colorado, Carolina, Edmonton, Boston, Chicago, Winnipeg, and Calgary. That's only 3 playoff teams beat and if I remember correctly the Bruins were sick at that Boston game (or at least Rask was) and Chicago played their backup.

Injuries started happening, but who'd we lose to in January?

Tampa, LA, Anaheim, Pittsburgh, LA, Anaheim, Phoenix, Nashville, Edmonton, Chicago, and Winnipeg.

Prior to January the Canucks were:

0-1-1 against LA

0-1-0 against Anaheim

0-0-1 against Pittsburgh

1-0-1 against Phoenix

1-0-0 against Nashville

2-0-0 against Edmonton

1-1-0 against Chicago

1-0-0 against Winnipeg

^Injuries considered, it's not like there was a huge drop off. It's also not like we ever beat LA (the only time we did this season Doughty was injured) and Anaheim.

Anaheim only beat us because of Bonino and Selanne, Kesler and Perry will be whining at each other in no time, the dressing room atmosphere will turn sour and toxic and every second born... wait ...never mind.

The point being we have Bonino they no have Selanne we good to go.

Anaheim only beat us because of Bonino and Selanne

The point being we have Bonino they no have Selanne we good to go.

Uh huh...How does that explain Perry having 10 points from the 5 meetings the Canucks and Ducks had, more than Bonino and Selanne did combine?

Edit: lol 12% of Perry's 82 points this season came against the Canucks.

Some comparisons to AV being made here and all I can say is that I hope not.

There is going to be some youth development here and that was not AV's strength. Yes, I know... kesler blah blah.... but he was good at developing players that were factory loaded with a specific tool set. That being a natural two-way player. Guys that spent their youth filling the net with pucks as their claim to get drafted didn't do very well under AV's watch.

Also didn't like how AV wouldn't talk to his young players during the games. You see a guy like Babcock talking to the rookies between shifts explaining what he wanted. AV just seemed to expect them to work it out and get demoted when they made a small mistake.

Not that AV wasn't a good coach but I wouldn't want him here in this transition. WD seems like a good fit so far but we'll see how that translates on the ice.

As far as I'm concerned, he just inherited a crappy team. Did what he could by trying to implement a system, but the team just didn't want to buy in.

Nope your wrong .. If your going to be a leader set the example Torts didnt if he is as good as everyone says than why is he gone.

He figured he could push his ways around ... back stab Gillis yeah put your self in Gillises spot with a co worker back stabbing you every day Torts was a big mistake glad he is gone..so glad...win or lose this year I am so glad he is gone...

Some comparisons to AV being made here and all I can say is that I hope not.

There is going to be some youth development here and that was not AV's strength. Yes, I know... kesler blah blah.... but he was good at developing players that were factory loaded with a specific tool set. That being a natural two-way player. Guys that spent their youth filling the net with pucks as their claim to get drafted didn't do very well under AV's watch.

Also didn't like how AV wouldn't talk to his young players during the games. You see a guy like Babcock talking to the rookies between shifts explaining what he wanted. AV just seemed to expect them to work it out and get demoted when they made a small mistake.

Not that AV wasn't a good coach but I wouldn't want him here in this transition. WD seems like a good fit so far but we'll see how that translates on the ice.

Since when did AV have a prospect that could fill the nets in the NHL?

It makes me sick that we let that maniac behind the bench. What a sideshow that became.

I got so tired of his sarcastic smiles or eye rolls every time we got scored on.

Calling out guys like Hansen and Edler on the bench, the whole Calgary debacle, and then sitting Lu for the Winter Classic pretty much sums up that goofballs tenure here.

For a team that was trying to get away from distractions, he's probably the worst choice we could have made. But I'd like to think that everything happens for a reason, and we had to go through that to get where we want to be. Hopefully he was a blessing in disguise.

Unfortunately I bought into Torts show until January. How ever he's gone along with the pall that hung over this team.

Since Linden took over there is a clear sense of leadership and clear direction.

Unfortunately I bought into Torts show until January. How ever he's gone along with the pall that hung over this team.

Since Linden took over there is a clear sense of leadership and clear direction.

A painful admission. But it will help you...

I bought into Mike Keenan waaaaaaay back when. But not this go round.

Remember the steps brutha. Remember the steps!

Archived