The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Panthers sign Aaron Ekblad 3 yr entry level deal

Florida Panthers Executive Vice President and General Manager Dale Tallon announced today that the club has agreed to a three-year, entry-level contract with D Aaron Ekblad.

“We are very pleased to have signed Aaron,” said Tallon. “He is a talented, strong, smart and hardworking defenseman who is ready to take the next step in his professional career. We look forward to watching him compete and develop at our prospects camp, throughout our main training camp and in preseason competition.”

http://panthers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=729456

In the TSN report picture , he reminds me of Waldo, the rich kid from the little rascals, whome I hate. And, as soon as they get drafted by these southern American teams I lose interest.

Still, I find it difficult to dis-like Canadian born players that have a chance to play for team Canada internationally, and I wish him the best, concussion wise.

Honestly, there should just be a general ELC signing thread where all of these go. Appreciate the guys posting them and informing us but no need to make 50+ of these every offseason. It's inevitable they'll be signed eventually so yea, just my $0.02.

Agreed 100%

Honestly, there should just be a general ELC signing thread where all of these go. Appreciate the guys posting them and informing us but no need to make 50+ of these every offseason. It's inevitable they'll be signed eventually so yea, just my $0.02.

I disagree, thousands of threads is easily the better option.

I disagree, thousands of threads is easily the better option.

Many people, including TRR, seem to be ok with doing everywhere else, why not here too?

But some late signings coming in, Ekblad was always one that was going to sign since he has the best chance to make the team this year. It make me laugh how a couple of posters (you know who you are) were freaking out that we hadn't signed Virtanen and McCann yet in July- and then when McCann signed before Virtanen, oh boy...

Archived