The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Dillion for Tanev

J.I.A.H.N

Gotta say, getting Dillon, a 6'3" 230 lbs. d-man with comparable offensive numbers in the NHL/AHL to Tanev, who can also bang bodies and move big forwards out of the crease area would be a move to shore up one of the deficiencies on the Canucks' backend. Also, Dillon's missed 2 games over the past 2 seasons vs. Tanev's 28 games on the LTIR...gotta like that sort of durability from Dillon.

It's too bad that Dillon isn't a RHD...if that were the case, I wouldn't think twice about pulling the trigger on this proposed trade if such a trade could be made.

Gotta say, getting Dillon, a 6'3" 230 lbs. d-man with comparable offensive numbers in the NHL/AHL to Tanev, who can also bang bodies and move big forwards out of the crease area would be a move to shore up one of the deficiencies on the Canucks' backend. Also, Dillon's missed 2 games over the past 2 seasons vs. Tanev's 28 games on the LTIR...gotta like that sort of durability from Dillon.

It's too bad that Dillon isn't a RHD...if that were the case, I wouldn't think twice about pulling the trigger on this proposed trade if such a trade could be made.

To be fair, Tanev played slightly more games then Dillon. Although i don't know if 30 games is gigantic. :P

Just blame Torts

To be fair, Tanev played slightly more games then Dillon. Although i don't know if 30 games is gigantic. :P

Just blame Torts

One of the things I wonder about Tanev is his durability to play out a full season. Even though Tanev is gumby-like in the way he bounces off hits, he seems to take his fair brunt of heavy hits and at a playing weight of 185 lbs. (reported to be 194 lbs. now), I wonder whether he's going to be on the shelf for extended periods of time throughout his career.

As far as icetime is concerned, Dillon plays >21 TOI vs. Tanev who is at <21 TOI...and over the past two seasons, Dillon played 165 reg. season games vs. 131 reg. season games for Tanev (both players game totals for NHL/AHL), so it looks like Dillon plays more hockey than Tanev.

One of the things I wonder about Tanev is his durability to play out a full season. Even though Tanev is gumby-like in the way he bounces off hits, he seems to take his fair brunt of heavy hits and at a playing weight of 185 lbs. (reported to be 194 lbs. now), I wonder whether he's going to be on the shelf for extended periods of time throughout his career.

As far as icetime is concerned, Dillon plays >21 TOI vs. Tanev who is at <21 TOI...and over the past two seasons, Dillon played 165 reg. season games vs. 131 reg. season games for Tanev (both players game totals for NHL/AHL), so it looks like Dillon plays more hockey than Tanev.

Interesting, where you get those stats on games played?

OH nvm, i counted nhl only

I'll keep Tanex, thanks. I don't get why people around here don't love him. He's incredible defensively, and his scoring numbers have improved steadily each year.

His hockey smarts and composure are so under appreciated here.

I say no to this. Bigger doesn't always mean better.

Tanev has great instincts. He adjusts,...he's teachable,...he's cool under pressure & very level-headed. He's also a low maintenance player for an organization. This guy has upside & has already endeared himself to his 'mates. He's one of those players in VAN who's got some Stanley Cup Final experience,... and he handled it well then - as a rookie. When he gets there again, it will feel like he's come home.

Keep Tanev in the fold. They'll never have any regrets 'bout this.

Umm...

First of all, if people want to discuss whether both players would benefit their new teams if a trade was to happen, they can have that conversation on their skill set alone.

Secondly, you might want to go back and read that again...

Thirdly, I wasn't replying to that part of the statement. Nor was I arguing against it. B) So whoops for the confusion?

Maybe you were discussing just one part of the larger conversation, but you can understand when looking at it as a whole ("both teams say no" and "we have too many left handed D as is" followed by your reply of "different opinions and Tanev is more defensively sound") how what you replied doesn't make sense overall. On it's own is a different story.

So maybe my comment in reply is just fine? B) Either way the trade doesn't really make sense for either side.

His hockey smarts and composure are so under appreciated here.

I say no to this. Bigger doesn't always mean better.

Under appreciated by some, and over appreciated by others.

Tanev = another polarizing player for the CDC. Tanev does a lot of things well, but I'm in the camp that believes he's over-rated.

Under appreciated by some, and over appreciated by others.

Tanev = another polarizing player for the CDC. Tanev does a lot of things well, but I'm in the camp that believes he's over-rated.

Kind of hard to have a true assessment at this point, considering he was injured/out for awhile and the sample size isn't really there on a consistent basis.

So how is he over rated? He was defensively sound, willing to do whatever asked to and a +12. Give credit where it's due?

Kind of hard to have a true assessment at this point, considering he was injured/out for awhile and the sample size isn't really there on a consistent basis.

So how is he over rated? He was defensively sound, willing to do whatever asked to and a +12. Give credit where it's due?

The "Tanev is overrated" is typically because he is overhyped on CDC a lot, and I've seen people time and time again say he's a #2 defenseman, when he is not. He's a solid #4, in my opinion, and he HAS potential to be a #2, as does anyone if developed the proper way, but as of now, he's a solid #4.

Further, I've seen him overvalued in trades, and this not an example of one of them, as I'd say no to this trade anyways. Simply put, Tanev has a hard trade-value to really grasp, mainly because given what we'd actually get for him, he's not worth trading for what he does night in and night out.

Because people overrate him.

Archived