The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Grabbing Berglund

Too much invested in Kassian and I think we need a guy who can skate and pass like Bonino.

Further, we have Gaunce and Horvat in the pipeline who project (hopefully) to a similar level as Berglund. So create holes in our line to fill something which is not high on our list?

How would getting Berglund to shore up the 2nd line look (offloading either burrows, Higgins, Hansen, markstrom) to shore up some size and skill?

Rumored to be on the block for a while...

Berglund bonino Kassian?

Berglund on the second line from the projected second line of Burrows-Bonino-Kassian would be an upgrade. However, I don't think any combination of the four guys you listed is going to get the Blues to bite. Would probably have to throw in a prospect, and I doubt if JB would consider moving any one of Horvat, Gaunce, Virtanen, McCann, Shinkaruk, or Cassels.

Wouldn't be bad to pick up at the right price.

When Hank gets too old to man the 1st line having Horvat, Bonino and Berglund as our 3 main centres wouldn't leave the team in horrible shape.

He might be able to improve his performance with better ice time. Wouldn't give up any of our bigger name prospects for him though. It would probably have to be a hockey trade.

St. Louis as a trading partner makes sense - they have ridiculous depth and too many good NHLers to fill their line-up. Could see them interested in adding a character player with decent offense and intangibles like Burrows (or Higgins for that matter). Not sure what we would be able to pull from their team but pretty sure with their line-up and their excellent prospects that can't make the team, that their is something that can be done. They also play in a different division which makes things more desirable for GM's too (ie the player they traded doesn't come back to bite them in the standings as much). Could see something like this happening if JB went that route.

Archived