The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Oscar Pistorius Found GUILTY of Culpable Homicide (Manslaughter)

DonLever

So far the judge is favouring Oscar version of events. I think he is going to get off.

The judge completely dismissed the prosecution's version of events. No evidence of pre-meditated murder. Dismissed the claim of a woman screaming. Said any reasonable person would think there is a intruder in the house.

She said the prosecution did not prove their case for premeditated murder. They did not prove "intent".

Just wow! I mean I think there was far more evidence against OJ... & he walked away, criminally. But I thought Pistorius' deliberate actions were beyond, reckless & negligent. I know my fellow femmes out there will rake me for sayin' so, but I cant help but think - female judge,.. handsome & sympathetic defendant,...pffft. I take that back. Let's wait and see....

So far as Premidated Murder, that's what I was expecting. Seriously there wasn't much evidence, to support that as there was basically no witness and no one beside pistorius and steenkamp knew for sure what happen that night.

I was hoping they would get him on murder, but I knew there was also a possibility he could walk on it too, most of the evidences that was reported were circumstancial at best.

Now if they don't get him on Manslaughter i'll be surprised and disappointed. IMO really deserve jail time.

If the shoe were on the other foot, I'm sure he wouldn't want his girlfriend to walk free.

Well...that would all depend upon which version of events.. is to be believed here, doesn't it? Were they fighting? Was he pissed-off & message sending? Was he in a jealous rage after some revelation by her? Was he trying to shoot his way inside of the bathroom to scare this woman...or as he claims, was he in fear for his life from some non-existant bogey-man that he didnt even see,... let alone hear? He didn't ask questions 1st... when he had the gun & someone (Steenkamp) was behind a closed door! How long does it take a person to drop out of some sleepy stupor anyway? This case sure had a lot of very confusing elements to it.

For society's sake....he should be doing some time in jail. I agree that he looks fragile,...so stick him in a mental retreat or hospital...if that's acceptable. If this verdict comes in requiring Pistroius to do jail time, this may very well be a request by his defense team at sentencing. Being a sympathetic character has always been Pistorius' only hope for leniency, ever since this horrible incident occurred.

Well...that would all depend upon which version of events.. is to be believed here, doesn't it? Were they fighting? Was he pissed-off & message sending? Was he in a jealous rage after some revelation by her? Was he trying to shoot his way inside of the bathroom to scare this woman...or as he claims, was he in fear for his life from some non-existant bogey-man that he didnt even see,... let alone hear? He didn't ask questions 1st... when he had the gun & someone (Steenkamp) was behind a closed door! How long does it take a person to drop out of some sleepy stupor anyway? This case sure had a lot of very confusing elements to it.

For society's sake....he should be doing some time in jail. I agree that he looks fragile,...so stick him in a mental retreat or hospital...if that's acceptable. If this verdict comes in requiring Pistroius to do jail time, this may very well be a request by his defense team at sentencing. Being a sympathetic character has always been Pistorius' only hope for leniency, ever since this horrible incident occurred.

the joke firmly planted two feet into the ground before leaping clear over your head

Judge Judy ... one of the people I just could not help slapping the instant I met her.

I think it's apt so many people like her, yet have an overwhelming ignorance to "innocent until proven guilty", along with "beyond reasonable doubt".

This may very well be one of those cases, almost mirroring the Zimmerman case.. as the credibility of "witnesses" were effectively ambiguous and washed away, while objective evidence leads toward reasonable doubt, along with testimony of the only person there.

Anyhow, I think Rob Schneider's tweet has been the best part of this verdict:

https://twitter.com/RobSchneider

#PistoriusTrial

Judge is now going to reenact the murder using finger puppets!

Archived