The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ryan Miller's wife is pregnant, will appear in NHL docu-series

hockeyville88

This will probably affect how Miller thinks about the game after having a family. Same with Sedins, Burrows and whoever else have kids, they can go home and focus on other things instead of thinking about that loss and how to improve their game.

Reasons to why I want young players who have nothing better to do than play hockey, compete, think and study the game.

This is some weird thinking. Reminds me of the 50's when companies hiring women used to worry about housewives not being able to work properly because they would be distracted by their families.

And it's ridiculous to think that young players don't have distractions either. Lots of young players party, go out with friends, have girlfriends, spend time with their families; things normal people do. And they should be allowed to have a personal life.

@patersonjeff: #Canucks Miller says plan is for his wife to give birth in Vancouver. He says they're excited about having a Canadian baby.

This makes me really happy. I didn't like the fact that Luongo's wife gave birth in Florida even though he was here in Canada. It showed a lack of pride in his country.

Please, let's not do any more threads like this for the rest of the season.

Well its still officially off season. We need something to talk about. :)

I wonder if they'll have to return to his wife's home in New York mid-season to deal with the pregnancy.

I was listening to TSN 1040 the other day and I heard that they want to have the baby in Canada. I think Ryan's grandfather came from Saskatchewan and they want to have a Canadian! Future Team Canada goalie? She will fit in great here with the large East Indian community.

edit: sorry didn't see that it had already been answered.

Back to the important subject of discussion. If you watch this, there's no doubt she's hotter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDre2OISggE

This makes me really happy. I didn't like the fact that Luongo's wife gave birth in Florida even though he was here in Canada. It showed a lack of pride in his country.

I'm guessing both Ryan and his wife are American too right? It's also a convenient way of securing dual citizenship for their child.

I don't think it was a lack of pride in Canada, imo. Im not sure about the exact rules but can a child born in Canada with one Canadian parent and one American parent qualify for dual-citizenship? If not, giving the child American citizenship was probably the reason why they did it. Not to slight Canada.

I don't think it was a lack of pride in Canada, imo. Im not sure about the exact rules but can a child born in Canada with one Canadian parent and one American parent qualify for dual-citizenship? If not, giving the child American citizenship was probably the reason why they did it. Not to slight Canada.

I just looked it up.

If one parent is a U.S. citizen and the other parent is not, the child is a citizen if

• the U.S. citizen parent has been "physically present"[9] in the U.S. before the child's birth for a total period of at least five years, and
  • at least two of those five years were after the U.S. citizen parent's fourteenth birthday.[10]

It seems Luongo's children would have US citizenship even if they were born in Canada. So there you go.

Well its still officially off season. We need something to talk about. :)

I was listening to TSN 1040 the other day and I heard that they want to have the baby in Canada. I think Ryan's grandfather came from Saskatchewan and they want to have a Canadian! Future Team Canada goalie? She will fit in great here with the large East Indian community.

edit: sorry didn't see that it had already been answered.

Back to the important subject of discussion. If you watch this, there's no doubt she's hotter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDre2OISggE

Holy Moses....

Archived