The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] PENS-NUCKS-JACKETS need your help

Burlinbert

You realize his age right?

I'm not agreeing with that price either, however your proposal is pretty bad. Not one player you offered really has value.

Gaunce, Vey and corrado have no value? Gaunce is a former 1st round pick, with size, who's still developing and only 20 years old. His ceiling is projected to be a 2nd line centre and Vey is projected to be a great 3rd line C. Corrado is the Canucks best defensive prospect. All 3 guys are highly valuable in IMO and all young I might add.

Gaunce, Vey and corrado have no value? Gaunce is a former 1st round pick, with size, who's still developing and only 20 years old. His ceiling is projected to be a 2nd line centre and Vey is projected to be a great 3rd line C. Corrado is the Canucks best defensive prospect. All 3 guys are highly valuable in IMO and all young I might add.

You can't be serious?

You are offering 3 guys that have proved nothing and a 3rd liner for a 22 year old former 4th overall pick that scored 33 goals and projects as a franchise centre. You aren't even close.

Quantity doesn't add up to quality. Would you make that deal if you had RJ?

I actually think this isn't too bad of an idea. I completely agree with those on this forum that repeatedly have to point out the quantity doesn't equal quality. The Canucks had their ass handed to them in Penticton last week (at least on the W column) which lines up completely with how our prospect pool lines up with the rest of the league (bottom 5 overall). There are loads of 3rd and 4th line talent on every team - trying to get someone who can contribute on the first two lines or the top 4 defenseman is not easy to do in the draft, especially when your team picks late for five years in a row due to dominant regular seasons, which is the main reason why we haven't had any prospects become good players in a long, long time.

With that said I think Bonino straight over with a draft pick is fair for both teams. If Bonino had all the best offensive zone starts, pp time and first line minutes he would likely get 15-20 more points than he did which lines him up with what J scored last year. We see this with Florida and Phoenix over the last five years too - 2nd line players get 1st line minutes and get 60 pts (Vrbata, Ribeiro, Weiss etc etc).

Columbus management is playing it smart - and 6.5mill is way too much for a one time 30 goal scorer (which the agent is reportedly asking for). That said this is a good player to target as Columbus most likely would trade him for the right pieces but don't think the fans would forgive them unless a star player or good young player (Evander Kane comes to mind) of equal value is considered. Too bad Bonino most likely isn't the guy, or that we don't have anyone else on the team of equal age/value to offer in return.

You can't be serious?

You are offering 3 guys that have proved nothing and a 3rd liner for a 22 year old former 4th overall pick that scored 33 goals and projects as a franchise centre. You aren't even close.

Quantity doesn't add up to quality. Would you make that deal if you had RJ?

How many great prospects or young players did the Bruins get for Tyler Seguin, who is of equal talent, if not better, than Johansen? IMO, the Seguin trade is the bar for acquiring a player like Johansen. Don't forget that Rich Peverley, who is a very good 3rd line C also went to Dallas in exchange for Loui Eriksson, Reilly Smith and Joe Morrow. I know there were a couple other players involved but these guys were the main components.

People on CDC either completely over-value players (i.e Johansen) or completely undervalue players.

How many great prospects or young players did the Bruins get for Tyler Seguin, who is of equal talent, if not better, than Johansen? IMO, the Seguin trade is the bar for acquiring a player like Johansen. Don't forget that Rich Peverley, who is a very good 3rd line C also went to Dallas in exchange for Loui Eriksson, Reilly Smith and Joe Morrow. I know there were a couple other players involved but these guys were the main components.

People on CDC either completely over-value players (i.e Johansen) or completely undervalue players.

You just proved us right. Loui at the time of the trade was 1 years removed from 3 straight 70 plus point seasons and Seguin was somewhat declining(even demoted to 3rd line) not to mention the internal issues with management. You can't use that trade as the bar because while you're doing that you are using the play of each player in the following year. Hindsight.

At the time of the trade Boston got a very good winger, what very good winger are you offering? Hansen? Lol

And as you said Boston got Smith who scored 51 points this year.

You just proved us right. Loui at the time of the trade was 1 years removed from 3 straight 70 plus point seasons and Seguin was somewhat declining(even demoted to 3rd line) not to mention the internal issues with management. You can't use that trade as the bar because while you're doing that you are using the play of each player in the following year. Hindsight.

At the time of the trade Boston got a very good winger, what very good winger are you offering? Hansen? Lol

And as you said Boston got Smith who scored 51 points this year.

Hansen is just a throw in, I never argued about hist value. Nobody even knew of Reilly Smith, he wasn't even the stars best prospect. Yes he had a good season but that's because he played with great players in a great system.

And Seguin was on the decline?! Are you kidding me?? He was only 21 when he got traded, how could he be declining when he hasn't even reached his peak yet? He just wasn't focused enough on hockey and was immature and that's what Boston's management got sick and tired of.

Seguin had way more points in his 1st 2 seasons than Johansen and is arguably a more skilled player.

Vey = Reily Smith

Corrado = Joe Morrow

Hansen is just a throw in, I never argued about hist value. Nobody even knew of Reilly Smith, he wasn't even the stars best prospect. Yes he had a good season but that's because he played with great players in a great system.

And Seguin was on the decline?! Are you kidding me?? He was only 21 when he got traded, how could he be declining when he hasn't even reached his peak yet? He just wasn't focused enough on hockey and was immature and that's what Boston's management got sick and tired of.

Seguin had way more points in his 1st 2 seasons than Johansen and is arguably a more skilled player.

Vey = Reily Smith

Corrado = Joe Morrow

Your argument has vastly changed. You are now talking about a Boston trade rather then your proposal, Dallas traded a player that was 1 years removed from 3 straight70 plus point seasons. Who are you offering like that?

Gaunce and Hansen..

Archived