The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows on Torts

TheRussianRocket.

If I was Burrows, I'd be very concerned about the reports of Vrbata playing with the twins. If that's the case, then good-bye rebound season. Then again, he's signed. So on second thought, I wouldn't be very concerned about that and I'd be buying expensive toys.

Burrows plays like gallagher goes to the net hard and has good hand eye and good speed. I think he can succeed playing alongside bonino and kass.

I was a big believer in Torts at first but now with all the facts pointing to how inept he was at doing his job

1) No contact with Utica management or Coach Green about any of the farm players

2) telling MG how to do his job by trying to get him to trade the teams heart and soul in Burrows

3) his fiasco in the inability to keep his emotions in tact (evidence Calgary game)

4) not even speaking to key players until half the season was gone.

Glad Torts is gone...clearly he had no clue how to coach this team

This exactly

And why if one of the top players is strugling why not talk to him and try to change the problems? Seems bad coaching

^^^^ This times 10.

Edit: how many goals has he scored since 2011?

Went from scoring .42 goals a game to .26 the past 3 years.

That's "per" game - so it doesn't matter how many games he played.

Edit again: Think like baseball, he went from batting 420 to 260.

Hmmmm, last time I check baseball doesn't compare batting average of 1 years and then the next three.

His GPG avg has been

2010: 0.42

2011: 0.36

2012: 0.35

2013: 0.28

2014: 0.10

Last year was exceptionnally low, because of injury, shoulder, broken foot, broken jaw. Never had, a training camp, never got going after getting injured his first game back and broken jaw makes you lose a lot of weight.

Yes his production dipped in the last few years, but to say he went from 0.42 to 0.26 is not accurate.

Such a bad coach in so many different ways. Gassed 30+aged players with a lot of ice time. Didn't put Kassian in the top 6 even though he deserved an oppurtunity. Said Kass defence needed work yet played Edler 20+ minutes/game. Didn't let Lou start winter classic. Stormed the other teams dressing room. etc. Now this. Well i'm out of words :picard: .

Except Kassian flourished under Torts, last year he finally put things together and wasn't a total liability out there defensively like he was with AV

Hmmmm, last time I check baseball doesn't compare batting average of 1 years and then the next three.

His GPG avg has been

2010: 0.42

2011: 0.36

2012: 0.35

2013: 0.28

2014: 0.10

Last year was exceptionnally low, because of injury, shoulder, broken foot, broken jaw. Never had, a training camp, never got going after getting injured his first game back and broken jaw makes you lose a lot of weight.

Yes his production dipped in the last few years, but to say he went from 0.42 to 0.26 is not accurate.

If he wasn't 100% then he shouldn't have wasted a roster spot/cap space.

So drop the injury excuse.

Yes, I was averaging his last 3 seasons so he wouldn't look as bad as your picture.

His last 176 games played he has averaged 0.26 so yes, that is an accurate figure - not seasonal I agree.

Would of happend faster with a better coach. Kass is improveing fast weather torts or a real coach was there

I second that. Kass would've most likely started on the third line with any coach in the NHL but if we had a "better" coach he should have at least gotten some time with the twins or Kesler instead of grinders like booth and richardson.

Burrows scored 0 goals, 3 assists -7 from season start to Christmas while getting top-line icetime with elite playmakers.

What exactly is there to be said about that?

Missed all but three games in October.

Played in November.

Missed all but the first game of December

Looks like he averaged 17-18 minutes per night.Second line minutes.

What it does say is Alex was injured and coming off an injury while Torts never communicated with him.

Add to the fact Torts did not practise much with his team to the point of complaints by his own players.

I am guessing that there will be more anecdotes about the Tootsie Show dropped in the next months.

Except Kassian flourished under Torts, last year he finally put things together and wasn't a total liability out there defensively like he was with AV

That was all Gulutzan. Zero Torts. That's why he was the only coach retained.

I thought this was common knowledge?

If I was Burrows, I'd be very concerned about the reports of Vrbata playing with the twins. If that's the case, then good-bye rebound season. Then again, he's signed. So on second thought, I wouldn't be very concerned about that and I'd be buying expensive toys.

with kesler gone burrows is our best two way guy plus our best pk forward he offers much more then goals to the team... And I am not even a big fan of his but if half the guys on the team played with as much heart and effort every shift we would have won a few cups by now. I would like to see him play with kassian and hope that his compete level rubs off on him kassian would be a monster if he played like burrows does ever time he is on the ice.

Do you just hate everything?

Our prospects suck

The Sedins suck

Burrows sucks

Edler sucks

Miller sucks

Babies suck

Pop rocks suck

Puppies suck

Virtanen sucks

Carribbean vacations are lack lustre and expensive compared to Central America..... Okay that ones true but still

Archived