The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows on Torts

TheRussianRocket.

^^^^ This times 10.

Edit: how many goals has he scored since 2011?

Went from scoring .42 goals a game to .26 the past 3 years.

That's "per" game - so it doesn't matter how many games he played.

Edit again: Think like baseball, he went from batting 420 to 260.

Yup...three year decline with Burrows falling off the cliff last season. I'm assuming that the Burrows we will see this season will be somewhere between what he did in 2012-2013 and what he did last season. He'll be better than he was last season, but he ain't the dragon slayer from 2011, and I'll be surprised if he even gets to his 2012-2013 level. He's 33 and teeing it up on the 13th tee box. He's six holes from being finished his round.

Except Kassian flourished under despite Torts, last year he finally put things together and wasn't a total liability out there defensively like he was with AV

Fixed that for you.

Btw, it wasn't until late in the season that Kassian's game improved and I think that had more to do with increased ice time than the coach that didn't show up to practices.

If I was Burrows, I'd be very concerned about the reports of Vrbata playing with the twins. If that's the case, then good-bye rebound season. Then again, he's signed. So on second thought, I wouldn't be very concerned about that and I'd be buying expensive toys.

:lol: That is pretty funny!

But in all seriousness; I do give Burr a lot of credit for being a competitor. It'll all be good!

You can't be serious. Context? Who could possibly need something that like that.

Well "didn't have a conversation" pretty much rules out anything being said, maybe he e-mailed him from the car park, is that what you mean?

Tortorella was just about the biggest black hole that could have come to this club. Unfortunately unlike a black hole, we also had to listen to Tortorella constantly p-ss in our pockets and tell us its raining.

And if he gets injured again this season?

Sure it's an excuse but suddenly he's an injury prone player

Getting hit with a puck twice in one season does not equal "injury prone". It's just bad luck, much like Bieksa's two skate lacerations.

Guys with back issues like Edler and Salo, or groin problems, like Gabby, are injury prone.

Ehrhoff was long gone and the team's window was closing in part because he failed to bring in a reliable offensive d man.

It's not about hating Gillis but rather the fact that he had no idea that Hodgson was his 'ace in the hole' to keep the window open.

So,no,you don't get it.

Edit: how many goals has he scored since 2011?

Went from scoring .42 goals a game to .26 the past 3 years.

That's "per" game - so it doesn't matter how many games he played.

That's an interesting cherry pick Heretic, but trying to make a 3 year decline of it is slanted.

.17 (half season)

.28 (1/2 season)

.10 (1/2 season)

Archived