The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Climate protesters to 'flood' Wall Street on Monday

freebuddy

frack these greedy corporations. We're doomed.

Posted from my iPhone 6/iPad using the frackCorporations app or Macbook Pro using Google Chrome.

No such thing as "greedy corporations". The executives at Corporations do what the owners (investors) demand which is maximize profits. Who are the investors? You and me. Anyone who owns mutual funds or RSPs or or is in an invested retirement plan or owns any actual stock in anything. We brag about how our Apple stock is doing one minute and then protest their employee practices in China the next as if the two are completely separate from each other. Our hypocrisy never ends.

No such thing as "greedy corporations". The executives at Corporations do what the owners (investors) demand which is maximize profits. Who are the investors? You and me. Anyone who owns mutual funds or RSPs or or is in an invested retirement plan or owns any actual stock in anything. We brag about how our Apple stock is doing one minute and then protest their employee practices in China the next as if the two are completely separate from each other. Our hypocrisy never ends.

You sir, have hit the nail right on the head.

Cycle of life.

Gas is pollution so go electric...forgetting that electricity comes from polluting power plants. Grow organic...not realizing how much freshwater it takes to grow things. Down with big corporations...except the ones that my 401k are invested in.

Never ends.

Boohoo, stop killing the planet, boohoo... All those tree hugging whiners. We aren't killing the planet, if it can evolve and go through everything it's been through, I am sure it will be fine. Might take a few billion years, but who cares, we are just worm food only, right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9igjsojobNE

***Contains some swearing***

^_^

Cycle of life.

Gas is pollution so go electric...forgetting that electricity comes from polluting power plants. Grow organic...not realizing how much freshwater it takes to grow things. Down with big corporations...except the ones that my 401k are invested in.

Never ends.

Actually the electric car thing is a bit different. Using the average mix of coal burning power plants and other sources as the electric power source the typical electric car uses less than half of the energy and emissions as a equivalent gas powered vehicle. Apparently a $100 million dollar power facility is a fair bit more efficient than your average Honda. Throw heavy hydro use like here in BC and other clean power sources into the mix and the difference just grows.

The US Dept of Energy alternative fuels data center has a write up on it: http://www.afdc.energy.gov/vehicles/electric_emissions.php

Cycle of life.

Never ends.

How are solar panels polluting?

Actually the electric car thing is a bit different. Using the average mix of coal burning power plants and other sources as the electric power source the typical electric car uses less than half of the energy and emissions as a equivalent gas powered vehicle. Apparently a $100 million dollar power facility is a fair bit more efficient than your average Honda. Throw heavy hydro use like here in BC and other clean power sources into the mix and the difference just grows.

The US Dept of Energy alternative fuels data center has a write up on it: http://www.afdc.energy.gov/vehicles/electric_emissions.php

Thanks for the info.

Is it trolling if you're serious?

On that note, what is the commonly agreed upon definition of "Trolling"

I thought it was someone who comes onto a message board for the expressed purpose of pissing people off.

That sounds like a pretty apt description of inane.

As for your initial post while it's fairly cynical I also think you made a lot of really good points.

My initial thought to this story was to wonder how many resources were going to be wasted in doing this.

Maybe it's age creeping up on me but I'm pretty sick of hearing about people "supporting" things. Put up or shut up might be a bit harsh but it fits imo.

That sounds like a pretty apt description of inane.

As for your initial post while it's fairly cynical I also think you made a lot of really good points.

My initial thought to this story was to wonder how many resources were going to be wasted in doing this.

Maybe it's age creeping up on me but I'm pretty sick of hearing about people "supporting" things. Put up or shut up might be a bit harsh but it fits imo.

Accusing me of something or just grumpy this morning?

I'm not even going to try to have a discussion about climate change with you fools. It's just funny watching you guys dismiss something so complex and so beyond your understanding (and mine) with a comedian and some gifs. Who's inane here lol...

Archived