The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Climate protesters to 'flood' Wall Street on Monday

freebuddy

Because not only is government automatically bad unless made "good", even more importantly, onus is on the government as the authority figure and representative of the populace to ignore lobbying attempts by individuals and corporations and focus on their constituents at large.

A business can lobby for government to do things..

A business can lobby for consumers to do things..

In the end, it's not the business' fault either party does anything, because the parties in question are not only in control of themselves, they are in a position of authority over their own body, respectively.

There is no ambiguity here, if a government does not cater to lobbying as far as money goes, businesses stop spending it on lobbying. Businesses work within the constraints of what laws the government makes through the population, government is the authority here, so why blame the subordinates? This is not only an exposé on yours and OWS logic, but the convoluted politics that has you blaming people you shouldn't be blaming while giving a pass (in one poster's case here, a 100% guilt exemption) to the party that morally and legally is the responsible one.

Oh hey look, little Jimmy lobbied me to take this gun and blow my head off.. looks like it's his fault for me obliging. Not my fault here. -- logic

What's with you and blame? What is your intent here? You're so quick to lump people into easily mockable little boxes, why is that?

I don't even know what your point is--government is bad but only cause they accept lobbying money? Or just inherently bad? Or... ?

What's with you and blame? What is your intent here? You're so quick to lump people into easily mockable little boxes, why is that?

I don't even know what your point is--government is bad but only cause they accept lobbying money? Or just inherently bad? Or... ?

The point eludes you already? This discussion is about the rabid OWS movement combining with the nutty AGW movement to protest Wall Street for society's woes. Woes that are actually due to government actions that create and exacerbate social inequality, but instead are blamed on the elements in the equation the government has the responsibility in saying "NO" to. Liberals fully understand who is in charge, and who bears responsibility for bribery or lobbying, they just disregard it for the sake of politics.

I have no qualms with how other countries manage their government. However, we're talking about the US here.

And yes, government IS inherently bad. The government needs to be regulated and persistently kept minimized with oversight. It's only useful within the constraints of populace that makes use of it.

A far cry from the US situation, where the government is out of control and does as it pleases. But nevermind that, government is not the problem.

I've yet to see why so much fault is placed on those who lobby others.

Is it McDonalds' fault people have McHeartattacks eating too much of their food? Is it McDonald's fault so many Americans don't regulate how much of McCrapfood they eat because McDonalds lobbies customers to buy their food? Well, using your logic on government not being at fault because they're lobbied, it's McDonalds' fault customers elect to eat their crap when in fact onus is on them not to, not onus on McDonalds to control what they eat.

Individuals are a huge chunk of lobbying, why aren't you blaming individuals? Individuals are also the voters who vote for the corrupt politicians.

You're blaming all but the people responsible. This is where political inanity gets you.

Nope, you got me wrong again. The American public is very much to blame for letting the inmates run the asylum. That doesn't change the fact that they're running it though (or that people like OWS are pointing it out).

It also still doesn't equate "government" with "bad" either. You get the government you deserve. Evidently Scandinavians deserve a far better level of governing.

Government isn't to blame here. It's the people whom elected the politicians in it who are at fault.

The point eludes you already? This discussion is about the rabid OWS movement combining with the nutty AGW movement to protest Wall Street for society's woes. Woes that are actually due to government actions that create and exacerbate social inequality, but instead are blamed on the elements in the equation the government has the responsibility in saying "NO" to. Liberals fully understand who is in charge, and who bears responsibility for bribery or lobbying, they just disregard it for the sake of politics.

There you go with this 'liberals' thing again...you're so quick to throw around assumptions and mass generalizations... You seem really pent up about this, so good luck with that.

There you go with this 'liberals' thing again...you're so quick to throw around assumptions and mass generalizations... You seem really pent up about this, so good luck with that.

I don't see conservatives at OWS protesting companies for what government does. But giving you the benefit of the doubt, there might be a couple.. but logically, such a generalization is applicable here. Sorry if I offended your delicate sensibilities.. you did, after all, say "Don't be scared bud, let's chat.".

I obliged you for lobbying me to discuss, therefore it's entirely your fault. B)

I don't see conservatives at OWS protesting companies for what government does. But giving you the benefit of the doubt, there might be a couple.. but logically, such a generalization is applicable here. Sorry if I offended your delicate sensibilities.. you did, after all, say "Don't be scared bud, let's chat.".

I obliged you for lobbying me to discuss, therefore it's entirely your fault. B)

It takes two to tango. If no bribe is given (and let's just call lobbying what it is), then no bribery can be taken. Corporations are not run by pure as the driven snow angels.

All three parties are to blame if you're looking for somewhere to point fingers. The people for electing poor representation and not holding them accountable, the politicians for not being accountable and the corporations for using their wealth and power to rig the game.

Frankly your us vs them Liberal/Conservative malarkey plays right in to it. In other words, you're part of the problem.

You're just lumping people together to easily dismiss or mock the varied positions those people hold. You can always look at a group of people, pick the dumbest/most outrageous/most idiotic one and claim they represent the whole. But that's just dumb. You're not offending me, but making discussion pointless. I could sit here and pick some company and 'logically' argue that we need government to rein business in based on that one company. But, that's dumb.

I still don't know what your point is. Is it that wall street is all good? Or just that your generalized characterization of this group is bad and they should be mad at government? And now you say 'conservatives' as though there are only liberals and conservatives in this discussion and each person who identifies with those two words is like minded in all facets of this discussion. It's just silly and doesn't allow for discussion.

It takes two to tango. If no bribe is given (and let's just call lobbying what it is), then no bribery can be taken. Corporations are not run by pure as the driven snow angels.

All three parties are to blame if you're looking for somewhere to point fingers. The people for electing poor representation and not holding them accountable, the politicians for not being accountable and the corporations for using their wealth and power to rig the game.

Frankly your us vs them Liberal/Conservative malarkey plays right in to it. In other words, you're part of the problem.

Corporations are as responsible for "rigging the game" as they are for Americans being fat.

A liberal will blame them for all of the above.

You're just lumping people together to easily dismiss or mock the varied positions those people hold. You can always look at a group of people, pick the dumbest/most outrageous/most idiotic one and claim they represent the whole. But that's just dumb. You're not offending me, but making discussion pointless. I could sit here and pick some company and 'logically' argue that we need government to rein business in based on that one company. But, that's dumb.

I still don't know what your point is. Is it that wall street is all good? Or just that your generalized characterization of this group is bad and they should be mad at government? And now you say 'conservatives' as though there are only liberals and conservatives in this discussion and each person who identifies with those two words is like minded in all facets of this discussion. It's just silly and doesn't allow for discussion.

Wall Street is not "good". Wall Street is pathetic. A bunch of rich guys formally begging for special treatment at "dinners", in Congress, etc., and to thumb their noses at capitalism by trying to use taxpayers as collateral in place of them bearing the risk of their own ventures.. wanting to only bear the fruits of those risks.

I have zero respect for those people, but make no mistake, there's also zero logic in blaming those people for when the government, the entity entrusted with saying no, decides to oblige them.

frack these greedy corporations. We're doomed.

Posted from my iPhone 6/iPad using the frackCorporations app or Macbook Pro using Google Chrome.

This. This exactly despite the user

These hippies all use phones and technology and now complane about it. Sutch hypocrites i think this kind of nonsense must be condemed by all of us

China is the pollution creater and these hippies should condem china but no they hate America and the free world countrys :picard:

This. This exactly despite the user

These hippies all use phones and technology and now complane about it. Sutch hypocrites i think this kind of nonsense must be condemed by all of us

China is the pollution creater and these hippies should condem china but no they hate America and the free world countrys :picard:

wow.

Archived