The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Yet another Luongo/Schneider Article...

DeNiro

Considering the train wreck that Gillis engineered with our goaltending it is a small miracle that it is likely the strongest position organizationally for us now. Toronto media is just jealous because our GM fixed the previous one's mistakes very quickly while their lame duck GM is too busy looking for a Tim Horton's to actually fix their problems.

Miller

Lack

Markstrom

Erickson

Demko

Short to long term we are in very good shape at goalie now.

I don't get it, Tim Horton was a defenseman and i'm sure he would have played goal well if he'd chosen to. What would he have to do with T.O.s goaltending woes if they could bring him back to life though?

Your Canucks Talk will be way more dumber than anyone else's. (According to my own topic). :huh:

If you want to say anything negative next, then I will try to ignore your next comment.

What the...!? "Way more dumber"? My Canucks Talk? Is that like the crazy Irishman from Braveheart that said it was 'his island'? If only you putting me on ignore would automatically block me from seeing quality posts of yours such as this one.

Let me put it this way: I suggest if you don't like my post(s) then you should respond to someone else, preferably on the same topic as the thread you're posting in.

Cox's articles are generally terrible and I stand by that until he starts writing something worthwhile and proves me wrong.

I was going to click the link to see who wrote it, but thankfully you saved me having to give an article of his any more page views. Cox is terrible.

The fact he is still trying to troll MIke Gillis is pretty pathetic actually.

I'm going to Laff my ass off if Gillis winds up succeeding Nonis (again). He'd be a big upgrade haha.

The second pathetic aspect of Cox's trolling..... the Canucks goaltending depth is, nevertheless MIller, Lack, Markstrom, Eriksson, Demko....

Not many teams in a position to mock that depth - and despite dealing Schneids and Luongo, Gillis nevertheless left Lack and Eriksson (both free assets) and Markstrom, who was on waivers for two reasons alone - the first was the success of a Gillis acquisition named Eddie Lack, the second the post-Gillis free agent acquisition of Ryan Miller.

I'm loving the way things have panned out actually. Cox's trolling could not possibly be more impotent. To top it all off - I'd be willing to bet that the real reason Luongo is a Panther is because he preferred to go there and wanted no part of Onterrible.

The Leafs? Their #2 - rather publicly wants out of Toronto. Their #1 - they shipped Scrivens out as a throw-in in that deal, a guy that played exceptionally well in LA and is now Edmonton's starter. Their #3? MacIntyre, Gibson, Sparks?

As usual, the Leafs (and their talking heads) are too busy forgetting their own business.

Damien Cox written article? Didn't even read it.

However, while the Canucks would be better off with Schneider in goal, they wouldn't have ended up with Horvat (unproven) and most likely Virtanen. While I agree 100% with everyone that the future for the Canucks up front looks infinitely better with the moves both Gillis (yes Gillis) and Benning have done, I would also feel better with Schneider in net over Miller.

All in all though, it's just a sport. I don't care.

Considering the train wreck that Gillis engineered with our goaltending it is a small miracle that it is likely the strongest position organizationally for us now. Toronto media is just jealous because our GM fixed the previous one's mistakes very quickly while their lame duck GM is too busy looking for a Tim Horton's to actually fix their problems.

Miller

Lack

Markstrom

Erickson

Demko

Short to long term we are in very good shape at goalie now.

Add Cannata to that list, he is young still at 24 and may turn into an NHL goalie yet.

Besides Lack who's time is now, I think Eriksson and Demko might be the best of the rest.

What the...!? "Way more dumber"? My Canucks Talk? Is that like the crazy Irishman from Braveheart that said it was 'his island'? If only you putting me on ignore would automatically block me from seeing quality posts of yours such as this one.

Let me put it this way: I suggest if you don't like my post(s) then you should respond to someone else, preferably on the same topic as the thread you're posting in.

Cox's articles are generally terrible and I stand by that until he starts writing something worthwhile and proves me wrong.

I may have heard of Braveheart before but I haven't heard of the crazy Irishman that talked about his island.

I would usually say something related to this topic but I am just reminding you of the one from March that you have posted. (I really think it is rude when you ask a question like "Yeah, what is the OP's point, and why has this been Canucks Talk?") I just hope nothing dumb like that will be on again.

I may not have heard of Cox or read his articles before anyway but if others are saying the same thing like you are, then I will agree with them more than you. I will believe that all of you are telling the truth about him and his articles without even starting to read his articles once. So yeah, his articles are generally terrible and not worthwhile.

Thanks for reading my opinion.

If we had dumped Lou and kept Cory there is a good chance we would have had a better record and we still may have MG as our GM. When you think of it in that light it makes you kinda glad things went the way they did.

Luongo wanted to be with his family more than he wanted to win a SC. Otherwise, he would have provided a list of contenders to trade him too instead of playing his days out in Florida.

Luongo and Kesler leaving freed up a lot of capspace which has been used to add a solid goalie in Miller and a chance for Lack to show his stuff and gain experience. We also have a much deeper prospect pool to draw on now and without that, the future would look pretty grim.

Losing Kesler and Luongo was good for this organization....losing Schneider hurts but Horvat is going to be a solid player. With our depth at the goalie position, we needed forwards much more.

Archived