The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(proposal) "If young guys earn a spot we will make room for them"

Jensen and Horvat Have both proved that they are NHL ready so benning should keep to his word and open up roster spots for them both.

1) Waive tom sestito - We have 3 people who can fight ( Bieksa, Kassian, Dorsett). No room for a guy who has limited skill when we have 3 players who can play the game and fight.

2) Trade Hansen:

To Winnepeg:

Hansen

To Van:

3rd round pick 2015

WPG traded Tangradi making me think they have a trade in place for a forward. Hansen would be the perfect target for them. getting Hansen gives them a pretty solid bottom 6.

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Burrows Bonino Jensen

Higgins Richardson Vey

Matthias Horvat Kassian

Dorsett

Jensen and Horvat Have both proved that they are NHL ready so benning should keep to his word and open up roster spots for them both.

1) Waive tom sestito - We have 3 people who can fight ( Bieksa, Kassian, Dorsett). No room for a guy who has limited skill when we have 3 players who can play the game and fight.

2) Trade Hansen:

To Winnepeg:

Hansen

To Van:

3rd round pick 2015

WPG traded Tangradi making me think they have a trade in place for a forward. Hansen would be the perfect target for them. getting Hansen gives them a pretty solid bottom 6.

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Burrows Bonino Jensen

Higgins Richardson Vey

Matthias Horvat Kassian

Dorsett

Probably can roll four lines with that lineup.

Easily.

Injuries will most likely be a factor too so really, jensen can be sent to the AHL while Horvat can't.

Horvat wins.

Players get injured, Jensen is 1st on the list, Shinkaruk second.

the management team makes the decisions that will be best for the team and the p[layers development.they won't rush a prospect

to satisfy fans who think that young players should make the team...you can screw a player's growth and confidence by bringing him up too soon...i trust benning and willy...

Bieksa and Kassian can fight but I don't think they should be unless absolutely necessary

Agreed. But really, I think the day of the "enforcer" has all but disappeared. Allow Kassian, Bieksa, or Dorsett to take over that role. At least they can actually play hockey.

Fan assessment of who has earned a spot =/= team assessment of who has earned a spot.

Team assessment of how to best develop a prospect =/= fan desire to see prospects play now.

If a prospect plays better than a 4th liner then that's great, provided that the prospect has a future as a 4th liner and not as a top six.

Having these guys play in the AHL (or juniors) is likely what's best for their development. They'll get more playing time, than being up here as a 4th to sometimes 3rd liner, which in the long run will probably make them better players.

regards,

G.

Archived