The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

TSN - Canucks will finish 9th, Leafs and Flames tandem as good as Canucks

DeNiro

Go look at how many choke jobs Miller has pulled off and realize that Miller is now making twice as much as Reimer and Hiller....

What am I appologizing for again?....

That is because he is twice as good lol. 7 consecutive seasons with 30+ wins and twice hit 40 in that span on a joke of a team.

lmao :emot-parrot:

Go look at how many choke jobs Miller has pulled off and realize that Miller is now making twice as much as Reimer and Hiller....

Is there a lot of inbreeding in Mission? How about polluted water? Chemical plants? I am just trying to understand where you are coming from.

Go look at Miller's choke jobs? That's rich. Just go look at what Reimer pulled off two seasons ago. One of the biggest choke jobs in recent memory.

Miller >>> Reimer < Hiller

It really isn't that much of a contest.

perhaps I should ask you what I asked the last guy? You think Miller would do a better job in net for Toronto than Reimer?

Miller had an awesome team in front of him in St. Louis

Reimer had .....well Toronto in front of him.

So Millers 1st round choke was better than Reimers 1st round choke huh

perhaps I should ask you what I asked the last guy? You think Miller would do a better job in net for Toronto than Reimer?

Miller had an awesome team in front of him in St. Louis

Reimer had .....well Toronto in front of him.

So Millers 1st round choke was better than Reimers 1st round choke huh

Dude just stop. He was in St louis for a blink, his CAREER STATS speak for themselves and STLouis is miles better than BUF

and HELL YES ! HE would do better in TO !

CMON MAN !

That is because he is twice as good lol. 7 consecutive seasons with 30+ wins and twice hit 40 in that span on a joke of a team.

lmao :emot-parrot:

Hey, those Buffalo teams were also good teams. Team structured defense and guys that could put the puck in the net.

Btw...how has Miller played since getting his arse run over by Lucic? Reimer wouldnt have cried like a B**ch after that

Dude just stop. He was in St louis for a blink, his CAREER STATS speak for themselves and STLouis is miles better than BUF

and HELL YES ! HE would do better in TO !

CMON MAN !

stop the man crush bro.... St. Louis paid HUGE for him coz he was "The One"...the last piece..blink or not....cough cough cough

And now we pay him $6mil? And we ran Luongo out of town?

Hey, those Buffalo teams were also good teams. Team structured defense and guys that could put the puck in the net.

Btw...how has Miller played since getting his arse run over by Lucic? Reimer wouldnt have cried like a B**ch after that

The guy who blew a 4-1 third period lead in game 7?

I'm sure he did alot of crying after that actually.

I happen to like all 4 goaltenders (and both teams), so hopefully I can be impartial here.

*as of right now* this is how I would rank them:

Bernier

Lack

Miller

Reimer

So I think it's a bit of a wash - all 4 are starter quality (of varying degrees - Reimer could take Pavelec's job) but there's so many other factors to consider.

Honestly if I had to pick between the two tandems I'd take the Bernier/Reimer, only because that's a situation where a goalie controversy is a good thing. They're both young so the lesser of the two can still fetch a return. If (and I think this is what will happen) Lack takes the job from Miller we're likely stuck with either him or a paltry return.

Reimer makes twice as much as Lack as a backup, and Lack is just as good as Reimer. So what?

As for Miller making twice as much as Hiller. He makes 4.5 compared to Miller's 6. Not quite twice as much.

And while you're on the subject of choke jobs, what did Hiller do on dominant Ducks teams? Oh that's right, he didn't get them anywhere. Seems to me that Miller is the only one that's proven anything out of the bunch.

So I think it's a bit of a wash - all 4 are starter quality (of varying degrees - Reimer could take Pavelec's job) but there's so many other factors to consider.

Honestly if I had to pick between the two tandems I'd take the Bernier/Reimer, only because that's a situation where a goalie controversy is a good thing. They're both young so the lesser of the two can still fetch a return. If (and I think this is what will happen) Lack takes the job from Miller we're likely stuck with either him or a paltry return.

There's no way the Leafs trade Bernier. He's their number 1.

Reimer will not fetch any sort of value. He's not a clear cut starter, and there's enough goalie options out there that teams aren't likely gonna pay a premium.

It's hard to say which tandem is more ideal. If Lack becomes an even better goalie because of playing behind a Vezina winner, then I would take that tandem. There's still lots of room to grow for Lack.

I think TSN is underestimating the potential on this team. Calgary and Toronto have consistently been out of the playoff race and near the bottom of the league. But our team went from the top and crashed to the bottom within a season. It's a completely different situation.

Depending on how the team's doing near the trade deadline, I think a big trade will be made.

If, we're near the bottom of the league and struggling, I think one or more vets could be traded to a contending team for a pick.

If, we're a potential contender, but just missing a reliable guy one the second line, I think we'll be trading a prospect for a goal scorer or an offensive dman. I think this could be a possibility, because apparently Benning still believes in the core guys and really wanted to give them a chance to win. Acquiring Miller is more understandable now.

I'm not as sold on the Ducks as most people, and am thinking Anaheim is more of a question mark than they were last year.

They lost a lot of talent off that roster.

Selanne, Koivu, Hiller, Bonino, Perrault, Penner, Winnik, Robidas, Sbisa. People can ''yeah, but they're old" me on this one, but so is Dany Heatley of all people, and I'm not convinced that Kesler, Heatley and Nate Thompson make up for those losses, despite the youth they're hoping steps up in that lineup.

My bold and wishful prediction here: I think Kesler done goofed on this one.

Anaheim is an injury to Getzlaf or Perry away from struggling to make the playoffs themselves. The Canucks leap frog them this year.

I've been saying this for about a month.

I think the Ducks have even more "Ifs" than we do. Their success is riding on a lot of variables and unknowables.

There will be no shock here if Kesler has a mediocre regular season and Anaheim is a paper tiger.

I have nothing against them predicting us finishing 9th. After last season. we're not exactly considered a threat in the West.

However, saying that Reimer and Bernier are as good as Miller and Lack? Seriously? I know the Leafs like to build Reimer up as something he's not, but comparing him to Miller? Or even Bernier to Miller? That's pretty ridiculous considering the track record both of them have.

They didn't even mention Lack by the way. What an insult to him.

I'll even accept Calgary's tandem as being on par because Hiller is at least a proven number 1, and Ramo is a solid backup.

Either way, it's apparent the analysts at TSN don't expect much from this team. Which I don't mind at all, because I like them flying under the radar.

I don't think it's TSN's radar we need to fly under. I doubt any team out there will underestimate us as long as we have two healthy Sedins.

Archived