The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fantasy Hockey Advice

Danthecanucksfan

Someone in my Yahoo pool has requested a Crosby for Stamkos trade. I have Stamkos. Would you do it??

goals, assists, PPP, +/-, shots, PIM all count.

Depends how strong u are in ur goals and assists... But generally speaking I'd take the deal and run with it. Crosby > stammer

Someone in my fantasy league has offered me Stamkos and Chara for Sharp and Erik Karlsson. Should I take this trade? See below for the league's point structure. Thanks!

Goals (G) 3 Assists (A) 2 Plus/Minus (+/-) 0.5 Penalty Minutes (PIM) 0.5 Powerplay Points (PPP) 1 Shorthanded Points (SHP) 1 Shots on Goal (SOG) 0.1 Hits (HIT) 0.1 Blocks (BLK) 0.1

Someone in my fantasy league has offered me Stamkos and Chara for Sharp and Erik Karlsson. Should I take this trade? See below for the league's point structure. Thanks!

Goals (G) 3 Assists (A) 2 Plus/Minus (+/-) 0.5 Penalty Minutes (PIM) 0.5 Powerplay Points (PPP) 1 Shorthanded Points (SHP) 1 Shots on Goal (SOG) 0.1 Hits (HIT) 0.1 Blocks (BLK) 0.1

hmmm thats a tough one. In just points id say sharp and karlsson but the extras are too many moving parts.

I would definitely take that. It's a tough one but Chara will have more hits and PIMS than Karlsson which add up fast. Stamkos beats Sharp in every Category.

Keeper league with playoffs, pretty standard scoring system with hits/blocks

to you give up:

McKinnon + Landeskog + Brodin

for

Stamkos + Sbisa + Franson + 2015 1st

I give the slight edge to whoever is getting Stamkos. Franson is a beast with hits and blocks as cats. McKinnon and Landeskog are great to have but rarely do you get a chance to get Stamkos. Gotta consider any close offer when he is in play and coming back to you.

Well heres the thing. I have datsyuk on IR and kane injured on the bench. I was thinking to wait till datsyuk gets back and switch Kane to IR and then pick palat and switch one of reilly smith, ales hemsky or semin. Which do you think and do you think ivshould just drop kane now or wait till the IR thing?

• 2 weeks later...

Should I trade Hall and Hopkins for other young players who are on better teams such as Mackinnon, Duchene or gallagher?

Or should I hold on to them and just wait it out until hall and Hopkins start to put more points up.

Well the rule of thumb is to never sell low.

100% you hold onto Hall as he's one of the best LWs in fantasy.

RNH I would move if you can get value for him. If not hold on until he heats up a bit and try again.

Well the rule of thumb is to never sell low.

100% you hold onto Hall as he's one of the best LWs in fantasy.

RNH I would move if you can get value for him. If not hold on until he heats up a bit and try again.

Okay, at the moment I will hold on to them. My team is doing well despite their lack of production, just gotta wait it out.

Thanks!

Playoffs yes. Categories: G, A, SHOTS, PPP, +/-, HITS, PIMS

Trade:

TJ Oshie

Tyson Barrie

Zach Parise

Receive:

Ryan Johansen

Oliver Ekman-Larsson

Yes or no to this?

Oshie has been absolute garbage this season so far. Barrie is starting to come on now. Parise has been great

Johansen is doing good. Ekman-Larsson not as good of a start, but he is too good to stay down, or is it the Coyotes that are keeping him down?

Rest of my team:

FWDS: Seguin, MacKinnon, Landeskog, Plekanec, Tarasenko, Kucherov, Pearson, Krieder, Stastny (IR)

D: Pietrangelo, Daley, Edler, Visnovsky, Hedman (IR)

G: Bishop, Anderson

Lastly, should I trade MacKinnon or keep him and wait out his slow start? Not sure what I can get for him though.

Playoffs yes. Categories: G, A, SHOTS, PPP, +/-, HITS, PIMS

Trade:

TJ Oshie

Tyson Barrie

Zach Parise

Receive:

Ryan Johansen

Oliver Ekman-Larsson

Yes or no to this?

Oshie has been absolute garbage this season so far. Barrie is starting to come on now. Parise has been great

Johansen is doing good. Ekman-Larsson not as good of a start, but he is too good to stay down, or is it the Coyotes that are keeping him down?

Rest of my team:

FWDS: Seguin, MacKinnon, Landeskog, Plekanec, Tarasenko, Kucherov, Pearson, Krieder, Stastny (IR)

D: Pietrangelo, Daley, Edler, Visnovsky, Hedman (IR)

G: Bishop, Anderson

Lastly, should I trade MacKinnon or keep him and wait out his slow start? Not sure what I can get for him though.

Johansen is doing good??? Is an 11 game scoring streak not enough to elevate him to Parise's great status that you gave him?

I really like this trade for you. OEL is better than Barrie, if anything Parise and Johansen are a saw off but Johansen is younger. If all it takes to get the deal is including Oshie, by all means do it.

Keep MacKinnon unless you get fair market value.

One thing you need to do is stop thinking so much. Wait it out with elite talent. Even if he has a lesser year than last year, he is keeper gold. If you can be competitive without him producing at his expected level, you are in a good spot because if and when he does crank it up, you will be better off. That could be the difference between 4th and 1st place.

Archived