The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

oilers isles ( proposal )

oilers need better d and centers

griffin reinhart and strome for yakupov and two second rounders

islanders are so deep at d its not funny yakupov on wing with tavares would be sick

hall rnh eberle

purcell strome perron

pouliot arcobello draisatl

gazdic gordon henricks

nikitin reinhart

fayne schultz

petry ference

marincin

would be not as bad wat do u think

A potential #1 shutdown D and a #1C for a Russian factor winger and 2 second round picks lol. Maybe if Iron Mike came back he would do something dumb like this. Reinhart is no more ready to handle a meaningful role than Nurse and Marincin are and the Isles highly value Strome to the point where it would probably take Yakupov and a 2nd for Strome alone for the Isles to consider moving him.

So..two former top 5 picks, for a former #1 pick?

Strome and Reinhart who have already done more than Yakupov in the league

A potential franchise D and center for a flaky winger and a couple of picks?

Maybe we can offer them the awesome Hansen Matthias and a 1st package instead?

plus 2 seconds

:) never said theyd go for it but if i was oilers id target them maybe theyll have to put more in say their first and yakupov for strome and reinhart fair?

See here's the fundamental issue with all that besides the obvious underwhelming offer to Snow and the Isles from the Oilers.

The Isles are unbeaten, Snow said no more prospects no more stockpiling picks. He and the team are all in to compete. They are not going to let go top prospects and potential futures for...more projects and patience

If there's one thing I can say about your proposals, it's that you keep making them.

But yeah, the Isles laugh at that return. Yakupov has some risk and even with the two 2nd rounders it doesn't make up for giving away Strome and Reinhart.

So..two former top 5 picks, for a former #1 pick?

Strome and Reinhart who have already done more than Yakupov in the league

A potential franchise D and center for a flaky winger and a couple of picks?

Maybe we can offer them the awesome Hansen Matthias and a 1st package instead?

Yakupov has done more in the NHL than Strome and Reinhart combined. So um, what?

Yakupov has done more in the NHL than Strome and Reinhart combined. So um, what?

Griffin is 3 games into his NHL career and is a -1 with 0 points. He's also 6 foot 4 217 pounds and skates like a forward

Strome is 41 games into his NHL career and is a +1 with 22 points. He is also 6 foot 1 and a 196 pounds at 21 years old

Yakupov is 115 games into his NHL career and is a -42 with 57 points and a serious issue with work ethic and a one dimensional player mentality

You tell me who has done more at the NHL level to deserve to be in the NHL. Being picked #1 overall is NOT deserving of an NHL roster spot. Hard work and compete level is. I stand by my statement that Strome and Reinhart have done more to be in and at the NHL level to date than Yakupov.

And again, no chance that even Snow is dumb enough to make this deal

Griffin is 3 games into his NHL career and is a -1 with 0 points. He's also 6 foot 4 217 pounds and skates like a forward

Strome is 41 games into his NHL career and is a +1 with 22 points. He is also 6 foot 1 and a 196 pounds at 21 years old

Yakupov is 115 games into his NHL career and is a -42 with 57 points and a serious issue with work ethic and a one dimensional player mentality

You tell me who has done more at the NHL level to deserve to be in the NHL. Being picked #1 overall is NOT deserving of an NHL roster spot. Hard work and compete level is. I stand by my statement that Strome and Reinhart have done more to be in and at the NHL level to date than Yakupov.

And again, no chance that even Snow is dumb enough to make this deal

Imagine if Yakupov had a real team with a better coach? Those stats could change you know :P

You do have a point and I respect that.

Archived